E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Door Locks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This isn't the locksmiths fault. If your car hadn't locked you would not used a locksmith to reopen it. I say this really stinks. Furthermore BMW's are luckily very well equiped against braking in. So it isn't strange something get's damaged when people try to "brake in" their own car because it automatically locked the doors on them. I would play hard on them too so they will pay!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll never get rid of her...
iceman, this is so true <_<...

daveyboy, i agree with 530e60nl. i don't think the locksmith is liable for anything since you are the one who authorized him to do this job. play hard on bmw. just make up something and let them know you lost so much time, money and felt so embarassed by this. you can probably tell them your cell phone was inside your car and you missed at least 5 extremely important phone calls. calls from your stock agent, calls from your clients, calls from your boss, you name it. tell them because you weren't able to answer your agent's call, you lost half million in the stock market. missed the clients' calls and lost couple long time "top 5" customers. missed your boss's call and ruined your reputation. man, i wish i could make up one for myself, "missed my girlfriend's call and she wants to break up!"