E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Could anyone tell me where these go to..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 04:26 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
That's why I ask did you was there a key gong sound because that's would indicate an amp issue. I've never tested an amp before for power, I've just replaced them due to MOST test failure

well I did have them in the beginning of all this, even after I did the repair on the board. I got home from work today and realized that when I shut the car down it didn’t tell me about my coolant level sensor I need to put in (shame on me). I know I had them before though
Old 07-25-2023, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Just double check to make sure everything is plugged back in. If there's no notification sound then the amp is dead
Old 07-25-2023, 04:37 PM
New Members

Just double check to make sure everything is plugged back in. If there's no notification sound then the amp is dead

well something is really suspect cause when I plugged in the other CCC unit from the other car they came on. I’m just going to wait on the TCU to get here and go from there.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:07 AM
New Members

So I put in the replacement TCU today. Started the car and I actually got an SOS light, which I didn’t have before. I also see that my “SAT” and CD options are no longer greyed out, BUT I have no FM tuner showing up (the stations that is. It’s just blank) and still no sound.
Old 07-30-2023, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

The TCU is not plug and play completely. You have to program your VIN and and default code it for missing options. I didn't read the previous posts but I believe you stated your dings stopped working indicating your amp was bad. Now that I'm thinking of it does it looked like it was bypassed due to the possible system that was installed and wasn't hooked back up correctly but I know at some point you said you were getting a gong and it went away.

Last edited by donpb; 07-30-2023 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:00 AM
New Members

The TCU is not plug and play completely. You have to program your VIN and and default code it for missing options. I didn't read the previous posts but I believe you stated you dings stopped working indicating you amp was bad. Now that I'm thinking of it does it looked like it was bypassed due to the possible system that was installed and wasn't hooked back up correctly but I know at some point you said you were getting a gong and it went away.

yeah I did have them originally when this whole radio ordeal became my next project. I did also pick up another amp at the yard this morning when I went for a few other interior pieces I needed. I plugged it but still no gongs or sound, and the one in the car only had those snap connectors to splice in whatever wires were used and the connectors are still attached. I’m thinking the wires are ok since I had the gongs at one point. I’m wondering if I turned them off with bimmercode one of the occasions I had coded a few other things? Now that I have the software and tools I could try and see if I can get them going again. Where do I start for the TCU default coding? I’m hoping with the newly visible SOS light on the dash that I’m heading in the right direction haha
Old 07-30-2023, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I've never used Bimmer code so I can't talk you through the steps. First you need to program the VIN. That's usually done through WINKFP and you default code in NCSEXPERT. I can give you the steps in those programs
Old 07-30-2023, 01:52 PM
New Members

I've never used Bimmer code so I can't talk you through the steps. First you need to program the VIN. That's usually done through WINKFP and you default code in NCSEXPERT. I can give you the steps in those programs

yeah, I’m sorry that’s what I was referring to. Bimmercode is just a fall back for me at this point now that I’ve got the tools and software.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

WinKFP: Edit VIN and Flash Module
1.Open WinKFP (Load SPDaten files google it)
2.Select comfort mode
3.Then click find ZUSB
4.Paste the number you copied
5.this will go straight to the right ZUSB
6.Then enter your full VIN and then click on done
7.Double check that the module your going to flash it's safe to flash with your cable and the battery needs to be connect to another power source
8.Click on update ZUSB (this will flash the module with SPDaten files and re-write the VIN)

NCExpert: Code to Default
1.Open NCExpert
2.Load profile -> Expertmode -> F1 -> F3 -> choose E60 from the list -> choose any module you want from this list -> now click F6 Back -> select F4 Process ECU -> choose Module -> now click ReadECU -> close the notepad window that showed up after the module was read.
3.Select F2 "job" select SG_CODIEREN and press ok -> Press F3 Execute job and wait for the buttons to become active, when active it's all done.
Old 07-30-2023, 02:44 PM
New Members

WinKFP: Edit VIN and Flash Module
1.Open WinKFP (Load SPDaten files google it)
2.Select comfort mode
3.Then click find ZUSB
4.Paste the number you copied
5.this will go straight to the right ZUSB
6.Then enter your full VIN and then click on done
7.Double check that the module your going to flash it's safe to flash with your cable and the battery needs to be connect to another power source
8.Click on update ZUSB (this will flash the module with SPDaten files and re-write the VIN)

NCExpert: Code to Default
1.Open NCExpert
2.Load profile -> Expertmode -> F1 -> F3 -> choose E60 from the list -> choose any module you want from this list -> now click F6 Back -> select F4 Process ECU -> choose Module -> now click ReadECU -> close the notepad window that showed up after the module was read.
3.Select F2 "job" select SG_CODIEREN and press ok -> Press F3 Execute job and wait for the buttons to become active, when active it's all done.

what kind of secondary power source are we talking about? Is it just because it takes a long time?

I only ask because I haven’t got a charger of any kind to hook it up to

Last edited by 530fitz; 07-30-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Could anyone tell me where these go to..?