E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Could anyone tell me where these go to..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 05:39 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i
Default Could anyone tell me where these go to..?

They’re just free lancing in the trunk of my 05 530. If it helps, I’ve got the hifi system and the mulf, sat and amp are there. I’ve been working on getting my audio back and replacing the CCC and in the process I came across these. Any insight would be great.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:07 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: '09 530d MSport Touring Manual

CD changer?
Old 07-14-2023, 06:08 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by olliecampbell
CD changer?
I was under the impression that the changer was located in the glovebox, which i also do not have. My CCC is no good (constant reboot cycle) but will occasionally out of no where pop on. When it does I have no audio except for chimes. I was going to replace it but I’m curious if I’m missing a module back there to help my cause.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:14 AM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: '09 530d MSport Touring Manual

Originally Posted by 530fitz
I was under the impression that the changer was located in the glovebox, which i also do not have. My CCC is no good (constant reboot cycle) but will occasionally out of no where pop on. When it does I have no audio except for chimes. I was going to replace it but I’m curious if I’m missing a module back there to help my cause.
You get a larger CD changer option that sits in the boot/trunk too....it looks like the right connector for it.

CCC units rebooting are a common fault. It won't be caused by the CD changer missing.

How to repair a BMW E60 CCC if CCC starts for the first boot
Old 07-14-2023, 11:32 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by olliecampbell
You get a larger CD changer option that sits in the boot/trunk too....it looks like the right connector for it.

CCC units rebooting are a common fault. It won't be caused by the CD changer missing.

How to repair a BMW E60 CCC if CCC starts for the first boot
I’ll check that out for sure. I’ve tried to check the most signal and I see that I have it to the mulf or bt mod(the upright one) and then I also see it into the satellite mod as well. I was going to try and see if I could put a test light to the amp harness and make sure it’s getting power as well if that’s an option. I ordered another unit with just about all matching numbers so we’ll see. I just keep getting the BMW logo for a few seconds then blank and keeps doing that.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:51 PM
New Members

I’ll check that out for sure. I’ve tried to check the most signal and I see that I have it to the mulf or bt mod(the upright one) and then I also see it into the satellite mod as well. I was going to try and see if I could put a test light to the amp harness and make sure it’s getting power as well if that’s an option. I ordered another unit with just about all matching numbers so we’ll see. I just keep getting the BMW logo for a few seconds then blank and keeps doing that.
so today I took the unit out and did the ole reflow on it. Just plugged it back in and boom! No more constant reboot, BUT… I still have no audio. Now I used the loop and bypassed the mulf and tht didn’t help and also the sat module with also no success.

now as I went through the sources to find potentially another one to try, I can scroll the iDrive controller over the sat and cd options except they’re grayed out. All I’ve got is fm and am option. Do I need to re code my original unit that I repaired? I mean, that’s saying it’s even the unit that came in the damn thing cause why would I have a cd and dvd slot without being able to select them on screen? Something is telling me I’m missing some equipment hahaha
Old 07-15-2023, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

It seems as if someone was trying to fix it or retrofit something and gave up on it. If you have options greyed out then it's either a replacement that's in it or someone tried to code it and did it incorrectly. That can be rectified by just default coding the modules. This probably explains why you have no sound and those wires are loose. Did you locate the amp? If you did it doesn't matter for what you think is missing. If the rest is plugged in then you have a completed MOST network. If you had ISTA and INPA you could verify what is there and if it's coded correctly. At this point you need the software to see what's actually going on with it.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:35 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
It seems as if someone was trying to fix it or retrofit something and gave up on it. If you have options greyed out then it's either a replacement that's in it or someone tried to code it and did it incorrectly. That can be rectified by just default coding the modules. This probably explains why you have no sound and those wires are loose. Did you locate the amp? If you did it doesn't matter for what you think is missing. If the rest is plugged in then you have a completed MOST network. If you had ISTA and INPA you could verify what is there and if it's coded correctly. At this point you need the software to see what's actually going on with it.
I have the Hifi amp currently and when checking the vin for the features it shows that…

I actually downloaded NCS and INPA today, but unfortunately don’t have a disk drive on the laptop to run the drivers for the cable. I’ve got bimmercode on my phone and Bluetooth adapter for coding options and I’ve used the expert mode on that before with my past e90s but I’m sure I couldn’t do anything with it that would help my cause here. I was so pumped when I plugged it in and got rid of the reboot cycle and instantly was dashed with the continued issue of no sound haha. Is there another way to be able to run the programs without the cd that came with cable?
Old 07-15-2023, 05:38 PM
New Members

I have the Hifi amp currently and when checking the vin for the features it shows that…

I actually downloaded NCS and INPA today, but unfortunately don’t have a disk drive on the laptop to run the drivers for the cable. I’ve got bimmercode on my phone and Bluetooth adapter for coding options and I’ve used the expert mode on that before with my past e90s but I’m sure I couldn’t do anything with it that would help my cause here. I was so pumped when I plugged it in and got rid of the reboot cycle and instantly was dashed with the continued issue of no sound haha. Is there another way to be able to run the programs without the cd that came with cable?

im sure I could change certain values with the bimmercode app in expert mode if I could translate it to English, atleast I would think 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old 07-15-2023, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

You don't need that cd that comes with the cable. Windows will find the driver and/or the driver should of been apart of the BMW software tools download.

I was asking have you physically found the amp in your car

Quick Reply: Could anyone tell me where these go to..?