E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Could anyone tell me where these go to..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 05:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i

Old 07-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I don't see the TEL/MULF module in the list. Is everything plugged in. Your MULF looks like it's dead since it's not in the list. Your sound should of worked if you bypassed it. Not saying this is your issue because I would do another test to actually verify but you don't have tool to do it. I would say it's a good chance it is the problem because your issues line up with a module in the MOST network being down. All the other modules look fine and programmed correctly.

Last edited by seanjordan20; 07-23-2023 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:21 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
I don't see the TEL/MULF module in the list. Is everything plugged in. Your MULF looks like it's dead since it's not in the list. Your sound should of worked if you bypassed it. Not saying this is your issue because I would do another test to actually verify but you don't have tool to do it. I would say it's a good chance it is the problem because your issues line up with a module in the MOST network being down. All the other modules look fine and programmed correctly.
well when I connected the loop to bypass that and the sat module I still couldn’t manage to get anything. Now when I do the bypass test, should I be unplugging the main harness AS WELL AS running the loop connector? When I tested it the first time I left the main harness and other connectors in place and only disconnected the most harness.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:25 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by 530fitz
well when I connected the loop to bypass that and the sat module I still couldn’t manage to get anything. Now when I do the bypass test, should I be unplugging the main harness AS WELL AS running the loop connector? When I tested it the first time I left the main harness and other connectors in place and only disconnected the most harness.

** when I say the main harness and connectors I’m talking about the mulf of course.

EDIT: after now looking at a replacement just to get an idea, I’m not sure I even saw that mod. I was just talking about the upright module that sits just behind the amp… the other one I tested was the one that’s tucked in the rear quarter panel which I thought was the satellite module. Where is the mulf? Under the spare tire cover/trunk floor?

Last edited by 530fitz; 07-23-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

This is the network topology in your car. You would check to ensure you are getting a red light on the most at each one. The one that does not have a red light means it's not receiving a signal from the previous module. The previous module is the one you want to put the loop in to see if the issue is fixed. You just unplug the most cable and insert the loop.

CCC/CIC/NBT > Logic 7 Amplifier > SAT > TCU > MULF > back to CCC/CIC/NBT.

Do you have a SOS light on the dash and check to see if you can connect your phone to the bluetooth also. I believe I asked that already but don't remember. Did you verify you wires were good that were tapped into.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:44 PM
New Members

This is the network topology in your car. You would check to ensure you are getting a red light on the most at each one. The one that does not have a red light means it's not receiving a signal from the previous module. The previous module is the one you want to put the loop in to see if the issue is fixed. You just unplug the most cable and insert the loop.

CCC/CIC/NBT > Logic 7 Amplifier > SAT > TCU > MULF > back to CCC/CIC/NBT.

Do you have a SOS light on the dash and check to see if you can connect your phone to the bluetooth also. I believe I asked that already but don't remember. Did you verify you wires were good that were tapped into.

well, the other night I ran that test, for the light. I was getting light to the upright module closest to the (back) of rear seat, also I was getting it at the module that is tucked into the rear wheel arch a bit. I don’t have an L7 I’ve got a hifi amp. When I put the loop on the modules I still wasn’t getting any sound. I even took down the (I believe) termination point up in the glove box and had light there as well. So with that said I only tested the two modules I could see in the trunk. Not sure if I missed any others though.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I know you didn't have the L7 you just skip that part because you're not equipped with it. The module that is circled is what's missing from the list which is your TEL module. The other pic with the module circled in blue shows the SAT module. Check in your spare tire area to see if there's any modules sitting there.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:16 PM
New Members

Yes I know you didn't have the L7 you just skip that part because you're not equipped with it. The module that is circled is what's missing from the list which is your TEL module. The other pic with the module circled in blue shows the SAT module. Check in your spare tire area to see if there's any modules sitting there.

I’ll check in the spare compartment. I don’t see any images in your previous post though.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

The modules referenced
Attached Thumbnails Could anyone tell me where these go to..?-photo474.jpg   Could anyone tell me where these go to..?-photo62.jpg  
Old 07-23-2023, 07:33 PM
New Members

The modules referenced

so I’ve got light through both. Bypassed and also not bypassed and there’s no other modules.

Quick Reply: Could anyone tell me where these go to..?