E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Configuration question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
[quote name='lawguy' date='Feb 18 2007, 12:16 PM' post='392898']
I'm not sure why "my profession" subjects me to a higher standard of scrutiny. To each his own, I suppose. If it makes you feel clever to give a lawyer a little grief, so be it. But, to quote my daughter..."whatever, dude".

"Dude" If you think I'm trying to be clever giving a Lawyer grief so be it. I was always under the impression that some one that knows the law,(lawyer), better than a layman should have enough common sence to up hold it.

All I wanted was a little technical help from some folks that know the car better than I, not any personal BS. The beauty of forums is the information exchange. The downside is the people who like to throw out anonymous criticisms 'cause it makes them feel witty.

Also the "beauty" of forums if you don't like a post don't read it. Very simple then you don't have to put up with the B/S. from people that think they are" witty".
cheers
vern the little old seat belt manufacture
have a nice day
Old 02-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by vern' post='393031' date='Feb 18 2007, 09:55 PM
Also the "beauty" of forums if you don't like a post don't read it. Very simple then you don't have to put up with the B/S. from people that think they are" witty".
Sage advice. If you'll forgo the need to share your helpful common sence [your term] to any of my personal inquiries, problem solved, eh?

Cheers.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='393045' date='Feb 18 2007, 11:14 PM
Sage advice. If you'll forgo the need to share your helpful common sence [your term] to any of my personal inquiries, problem solved, eh?

Cheers.
Just so you feel a little better,there is nothing personal in my posts back and forth with you.
I don't know if you belong to any other BMW or car related forums,(do a search), the subject matter, seat belt bong,has been beaten to death and believe me the discussions on your post were very very mild compared to others. As a over all consensus more people are in favor of the bong than not in favor of it for safety reasons.
You have a realy nice day
cheers
vern
Old 02-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Members

Hi,

Got fed up with reading post after post about seat belt noise decided to do something about it. Most cars including my old car you can open up the seatbelt housing and simply bend the metal contact to force your vehicles electrical system into thinking the belt is fastened. The E60 you can't so all you have to do is below:

1. Pull back the rubber gaitor from under the belt clip housing.
2. Cut the black cable pictured in the red and either leave taped up to stop any sort of earthing problems or purchase a male / female connector and crimp on so you can easily re-connect for any other drivers. This was done on my friends E39 and worked a treat, why he did it was he was a cab driver doing lots of short journeys and constantly getting out the cab to help passengers with bags. STILL NO EXCUSE IN MY EYES.

PLEASE DONT THINK I CONDONE DRIVING WITHOUT SEATBELT, THE BELT IN MY DADS CAR SAVED HIS LIFE!!!( EVEN AFTER 20 OPERATIONS AND 5 YRS OF PAIN ALL OVER HIS BODY THE BELT SAVED HIM). THIS WAS A GUY WHO NEVER WEAR HIS SEAT BELT AND HIS PASSENGER FORCED HIM TO WEAR IT ON THE DAY OF THE ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!.

Configuration question-seatbelt_solution.jpg
Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='391652' date='Feb 14 2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks BMW !!!! They really care about me !!! lol.....I am now a converted seat belt wearing driver......thanks to your persistent and annoying freakin' chime !!!!!!!
I guess it kind of worked out in a positive way...

They are just trying to keep you alive so you might buy another car from them
Old 02-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

Someone told me NOT to change anything at the seat belt lock, because the airbag wouldn't work then
Old 02-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by sese' post='394267' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:07 PM
Someone told me NOT to change anything at the seat belt lock, because the airbag wouldn't work then

That's called scare tactics...
Scare the customer so that he never touches anything and comes to the dealer as often as possible...

Seriously, there are ways you can manipulate the system safely, and some ways to really f**k it up. What you were told is a worst case scenario. It CAN be true... But if someone knows what he is doing, the airbags will still work.