E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Configuration question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='392055' date='Feb 15 2007, 08:25 PM
Its the law here in Kentucky and Indiana too. But again, its not my call.

Now, if they want to smoke, which would affect my health (not to mention my car), then I'm kicking ass and barking out orders!

As for my vocation, I'm in litigation, with a concentration in medical malpractice.

What do you do, by chance?
Retired seat belt manufacture.
cheers
vern
Old 02-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

A new law in California. If the passenger didn't wear seatbelt, both the driver and the passenger will get ticket.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by vern' post='392058' date='Feb 16 2007, 02:45 AM
Retired seat belt manufacture.
cheers
vern
Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

The seat belt warning is my second alarm clock in the morning. Also a great reminder to reach for the cup of java sitting
in your stylish E60 cup holder
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='392373' date='Feb 16 2007, 05:43 PM
The seat belt warning is my second alarm clock in the morning. Also a great reminder to reach for the cup of java sitting
in your stylish E60 cup holder
Ohmygod...you allow java in your car? Must not be the beige interior......LOL.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='392372' date='Feb 16 2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks, I needed that.
cheers
vern
Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
TC.
Members

My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

Here is a different spin - there was a certain sequence you could insert and release the seat belt buckle in the Range Rover Sport that would turn off the seat belt warning - clip & release 9 times within 1 minute. I did it instantly, but guess what - I still wear my sealt belt everywhere I go witholut fail, It just drives me insane being told what to do by a damn car, car company or some other know it all person / device.....I am an adult, I made it this far in life making my own decisions............

And on the subject of what is and isn't legal - I am assuming that everyone drives at or below the speed limit every mile they drive?!?!?!?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by TC.' post='392636' date='Feb 17 2007, 08:59 PM
...It just drives me insane being told what to do by a damn car, car company or some other know it all person / device.....I am an adult, I made it this far in life making my own decisions............
That's why I have installed a TV free module and why I hate speed limiters.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Members

My Ride: Hamann E60 535d

New site ,new link but same product!

WWW.clixoff.be

more info:

Most welcome at Clixoff.

I'm a secondhand car dealer and driving round with several young models with eurocrash ****.
With the warning-indicator I experienced the annoying beep or buzzer-sound of the seatbelt-alarm. There I'm also exempted from the seatbelt was it for me a challenge to find a simple solution.
So I came on the idea to develop a payable product which should turn off the sound from the seatbelt warning. Eventually I have succeeded in after a year research for most of the car brands to make a Clixoff. The Clixoff is a nice and solid gadget that is made of inox with laser technology.

By placing the Clixoff in your seatbelt holder it will simply stops the sound. You could name it a seatbelt-deceiver that mute the sound, tone or signal.

I wouldn't ask you to carry your seatbelt anymore, the seatbelt during driving remains important for your security. It is the intention that you use the Clixoff at following situations so you are seatbeltfree:

- you are 1m50 or smaller
- you are exempted from the seatbelt
- you have frequently freight on the passenger seat
- you're doing a lot of traffic-jam
- you have a profession where you go often out and in the car
- you live in a country where the seatbelt carries no obligation is

So fellows do not misunderstand me. I am not saying that you do not have to wear a seatbelt.

In some casses this can b a usefull part!

If you all want ,i can arrange a groupbuy...
Just let me know.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Lawguy you should be firm when people are in your car. Your car your rules. This applies to mostly science . 160 lb object traveling at 60 mph coming to an abrupt stop doesnt have a chance when it comes to going thru your windshield. Were only talking about maybe 15-30 mins in your car with a belt. Not really much to ask for. Believe me our floor has had its shares of the unfortunate ones who have survived flying thru sunroofs and winshields. I mean unfortunate because if youve seen theyre condition just barely hanging on a string. You would think death would have been better.

Quick Reply: Configuration question