E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Complete Electrical Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012 | 08:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My priorities are:
Passenger and Driver seats
iDrive controller
Sound
PDC
Rims

I'm not going to mess with:
HUD
NightVision
Steering sensor
iPod
Bluetooth phone connection
Fogs
Old 03-30-2012 | 10:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by korrosive
My priorities are:
Passenger and Driver seats
iDrive controller
Sound
PDC
Rims

I'm not going to mess with:
HUD
NightVision
Steering sensor
iPod
Bluetooth phone connection
Fogs
What's going on with the idrive controller? Since you got a new amp and CCC it might be time for coding, that may take care of your sound issues.
Old 03-30-2012 | 01:43 PM
Contributors

The iDrive controller seems to only work in rotating counterclockwise when it feels like it. The enter works fine and I was able to somehow pull up a Navigation page that had me listed on the map accurately. But for example advancing tracks when a cd is playing, turning the knob does not respond. I managed to get to the tuning page and everything went down to minimum. You might be right on the coding. I'll see if I can get that done this weekend before buying additional replacement iDrive and CCCs.
Old 04-04-2012 | 12:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gee_115
My seat is stuck in a comfortable position rightnow, so not my next move. I found the seat module (exact match, brand new) for $250 on ECS tuning, that is the cheapest I found. Couldn't find a match from used sources except Bavarian who wanted $250 for a used one. My next move however is the Logic 7, I need tunes if I am driving, can't find a good price though. Also, looks like i'll have to get the PDC module new, can't find an exact match.
I've completed getting my seats functional. What I found is that I was very fortunate to get a pair of seats locally (instead of just buying the seat module) as not only did it need the seat module and controls on the side, but the motors that actually do the heavy lifting were also shot. If you haven't bought the seat module yet (I know you've lowered the priority on this) I would recommend scouring car-parts.com for a nearby location that has the seats for sale. I paid $200 a piece for the complete seats and ended up replacing the control piece, the seat module, and the 3 motors (back and forth, up and down, and backrest recline).
Old 04-04-2012 | 10:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

I know the up down, recline and heat works on my driver side so I should be good with the motors. I saw a few modules 1 down from my part number going for 120 on ebay probably gonna try that for one and see how it goes. Rightnow I just can't seem to find an amp in my price range, not trying to go above $400 plus shipping. Did your steering adjust work after the seat fix?
Old 04-05-2012 | 05:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gee_115
I know the up down, recline and heat works on my driver side so I should be good with the motors. I saw a few modules 1 down from my part number going for 120 on ebay probably gonna try that for one and see how it goes. Right now I just can't seem to find an amp in my price range, not trying to go above $400 plus shipping. Did your steering adjust work after the seat fix?
I'll check it out this evening. As far as the L7 amp, I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know if I find anything.
Old 04-06-2012 | 04:50 AM
Contributors

My steering adjust is still not working.
Old 04-06-2012 | 05:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by korrosive
My steering adjust is still not working.
That sucks. I wonder if coding will fix this. I checked but there were no wires disconnected under the steering column. I haven't coded anything either. How did it go with the mechanic?
Old 04-06-2012 | 07:34 AM
Contributors

Indy shop went great albeit more pricey than I anticipated. The engine mount is back in place, so now I can peel out While there, I also was able to get front and rear difs, transfer case and 6MT fluids replaced. The car shifts a lot smoother now. I would definitely recommend getting all the underbody fluids replaced (especially tranny). I'd tried doing it on my own, but the fill plug on the transmission would not budge with the tool I was using.

I was able to get the front carpet installed and cut it a little low . I'll be patching up some pieces. This weekend I'll be working on doing coding on the CCC as I need to figure out my sound issue. Also the LCM might need some coding, as I'm getting a ton of light faults, but I have my lights working fine (haven't been able to check AE).

As far as the steering adjust, it might have the same issue as the steering angle sensor. Fortunately it's in a comfortable position. When I get fed up of manually turning off the indicator, I'll look into getting that figured out.
Old 04-07-2012 | 07:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

Good you got that taken care of. I have some light issues too. I have errors for left and right tail lamp and right reverse. No power to the two tail lamp, the two round ones above the reverse. I do have power for the reverse and all the bulbs are good but I am still geting the errors. I'm gonna change diff and transmission fluids soon. All in all I'm very pleased with how everything has gone. I know I probably need tons of coding. I'm scared that if I take it in they might screw up everything. When i took it to the dealer when I first got it the printout was showing a different VIN, so not sure if someone replaced the main computer with a used part from another vehicle. I really need the headlights calibrated though, the right one is pointing all the way right. On a side note, I passed the Illinois bar so good weekend overall.

Quick Reply: Complete Electrical Rebuild