E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Nav update

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

Originally Posted by nbotlaguduru
I had 2007 Navigation before and I downloaded both 2009.1 and 2010.1 ISOs. When I replace 2007 with 2009, system asked me to wait for 5 minutes and restart.
When 2009 is working, I replaced it with 2010 and it didn't ask me to restart or wait for 5 minutes like that. It just started working fine.

Now when I try to replace with 2009 then it asks me to wait for 5 minutes and restart.

And more over I can't see any differences between 2009 and 2010. (Most of you talking about completely new map etc.,)

And is there any way I can confirm what version is in the system now. Just to make sure it is really the 2010 I have in the car.
its like a phone book... just more info and the maps are updated... I live on the east coast near Boston and providence and they are constantly changing. The version is what ever you have in your dvd drive... the update on the software changes color scheme and adds a few changes in how the system interfaces with the data... more or less helpful than before.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
Finally....disc 2 with cams downloaded and burned
whats up bro where can i get that?where do i go?thanxs
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by harlem
whats up bro where can i get that?where do i go?thanxs

It's posted on this thread dude. Look for it.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Members

This forum is....... AWESOME!!! Just burnt mine. Works like a charm!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

This is totally idiotic! Why in the world would they split it into 2 single layer dvd's? Furthermore, what genius decided to divide the maps in the middle of north america? Wouldn't it make sense to put it on one dual layer dvd or divide candada and the US?

Jeez!
W
Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by rictor
This forum is....... AWESOME!!! Just burnt mine. Works like a charm!
+1 kid.works very nice!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rhnorb
I paid $330 to update my hard drive based system...no user installed DVD update is available. However, I think the firmware was updated

Attachment 104910

I just took delivery of a new 2010 528i a few weeks ago. The first thing I noticed was the navigation wanted to take me home via a bridge that has been removed 10 years ago, and the road closed to thru traffic. I check the software and it is the 2009 version. I contacted the dealer, Classic BMW in Dallas, where i just bought the car and told them the car had 2009 software and could they update it to the 2010 software. I mean it is a 2010 model that I just bought! Here is the response:

" I apologize for taking so long to retrieve this information for you. After finally getting some conformation from BMW, I have learned that we can do a programming episode similar to updating your software,,wich we can perform to update the map system in your navigation unit. The programming could take as long as 3 hours or so. This is a new procedure for the 2010?s so I would prepare to leave your car for the day. With 3 hours of labor and a software price of $229.00 this could cost you $693.00"

Well all I can say is I am switching from a MB E350 to this BMW because I was sick and tired of this kind of nonsense. I love the car... but this is total crap.I will just continue to carry my Garmin in the car. And I will think very hard before I ever buy another new bimmer.

Ken
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Just another example on how low priority the client satisfaction and after sales have with BMW...

...I got my 523 a couple of months ago and they (I must admit this was good service, but hey...this was the third car bought in almost two years with them) updated my 2005 software to 2010...navi and other software...

I think you should get a software update with no charge if you buy a 2010 model..I don't get the 3 hours labor...You just plug the car in, slide a dvd in and let it sit while it loads the software..

They call them stealers for a reason
Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by greycoopers
Just another example on how low priority the client satisfaction and after sales have with BMW...

Agree... And it is foolish on their part. My wife drives and loves her 2007 MB ML350. Last night I was just showing her the new X6. She liked it. I was thinking of trading in her Benz SUV for the X6 since she just went out of warranty. But now, with this bitter taste in my mouth, I would head strait to the Lexus dealer and get her a new RX350. Cheaper and pretty much bullet proof. I love the BMW brand, always have. I bought my son a 2004 325ci a few months ago with some CPO warranty left. But the dealer experience might be a future deal breaker. If the dealer tries to make this right, I will post it. The car should have been updated before it was sold.

Ken
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kenkirk
Agree... And it is foolish on their part. My wife drives and loves her 2007 MB ML350. Last night I was just showing her the new X6. She liked it. I was thinking of trading in her Benz SUV for the X6 since she just went out of warranty. But now, with this bitter taste in my mouth, I would head strait to the Lexus dealer and get her a new RX350. Cheaper and pretty much bullet proof. I love the BMW brand, always have. I bought my son a 2004 325ci a few months ago with some CPO warranty left. But the dealer experience might be a future deal breaker. If the dealer tries to make this right, I will post it. The car should have been updated before it was sold.

Ken
Have you thought about contacting BMW direct rather than the speaking to the dealer. You might get a better response.

As with any brand different dealers are better than others, you could go to a different BMW dealer somewhere else and have a completely different standard of service. It's certainly the case between the two dealers nearest me in the UK - they are run by completely different companies. None are owned by BMW here so if there is a legitimate problem (which yours sounds like) and you contact BMW direct they are often interested to hear about it and help out.

Quick Reply: BMW Nav update