E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW disappoints me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Lemon Laws? Does your state have it?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

I just told BMW that I was going to sue them, and they replaced all four. Again.

They tried that "two tire" thing on me, and I asked for the field engineer to call me. Again. And he never called, and I also got my four tires.

BMW knows there's a problem, and they're trying to limit their exposure for new tires by hoping that you're not aggressive enough to do anything.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='321388' date='Aug 11 2006, 09:07 AM
I really feel always sorry for you guys in the States you have so many probs, really BMW NA should do sg to enhance the quality etc. Seems also the ship is not always good for the cars make an ED if u can may be then you are w your car and see how is it when you get it in Europe, Germany. Good luck and I am sorry that is NOT BMW, it is matter of serivice NOT provided as should be.
Yeah i was thinking the same thing. It occured me also the fact that most of the problems are from us bmws. Of course this is at the core a us board and there are many us owners but really i haven't seen too many from Europe complaining. Mine works perfectly. Bmw didn't dissapoint me. Sorry mate for all the problems. Hope it sorts out for you.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by amadeus00' post='321471' date='Aug 11 2006, 06:42 AM
Is this what BMW CPO is all about?
This issue is the biggie to me. One would like to think that BMW would do a good job of making sure CP0's are ready to go. But, as good as I think my dealer is, from an overall perspective, I am saddended to know, from personal conversations with employees, that its CPO inspections definitely are cursory. Before I bought one, I'd try to get the name of the prior owner so I could ask about the car. As said, taking personal responsibillity is important in getting good merchandise, but, on the other hand, BMW's are complicated and one may not know exactly what to look for especially given the limitations of a brief test drive or so. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Contributors

Personally, I think that there is a little bit of an issue with BMW dealers. Some (not all) seem to believe that they are selling a product that is better than their customers. I love my new BMW 530i, but it sometimes has problems, and the dealers (here in Miami) have been very troubling. I had once case last week where three separate service advisors from the same dealership did not return my calls within a one week period. Then, once I got to one of the managers of the service department, he told me (after giving me the wrong answers on a tire sensor issue that had to be resolved here on this board) that I should not have my car serviced at his dealership because I did not buy the car there (I think that he was trying to avoid a negative rating that he knew I would give his dealership).
BMW NA has been very good resolving problems (and it is great to use the conceirge service and BMW Assist right in my car to get to BMW NA), but it is unclear why they need to get involved for this type of thing.
I came from a Mercedes, and my experience with the dealer(s) was a lot different. I always felt like they were trying to earn my "5" rankings and they really deserved it. With BMW dealers, they seem to provide marginal service, then they have to emphasize to you after they serve you that it is important that you give them a "5" ranking. Why not let their service speak for itself?
BMW NA should prohibit its dealers from ever mentioning rankings in customer conversations so BMW NA really knows what is occuring.
I understand that the BMW NA people monitor this board occassionally, so I hope they spot your email to eliminate such problems in the future. BMW's best advertising is the excitement that we bring to these vehicles. Just last night I was thinking that my new 530i is really fun to drive with my new 19" wheels, and I have become addicted to this board looking for new things to modify and new problems to resolve.
I hope BMW steps it up a bit in the customer service area.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by amadeus00' post='321330' date='Aug 10 2006, 10:22 PM
UPDATE:

After two weeks of reasoning, pleading, begging and complaining, Weatherford BMW finally agreed to do something, but only half fast.

I spoke to the GM of Weatherford BMW and he agreed he will look into this situation and will replace all four tires. I was happy that something was finally happening and should hear something within a day or two..... one week goes by and no news. Finally I get a call from my sales agent that he needs pictures taken of the tires and sent it to them, which I promptly did. By this time, I've had about 4100 miles on the tires and the inner cords were exposed. I was furious that this had dragged on for so long and now they are putting me at risk. Two days goes by and no phone call. I always have to call them to get a status report and I always have to calm myself down before calling. I know screaming and arguing doesn't resolve anything.

So I call the GM back and he refers me back to the sales agent saying he has some good news for me. I was excited. The sales agent tells me they are willing to replace the front tires only! What kind of shit is that?! I'm still left with half a problem.

Am I just being too critical? Is this how BMW treats their customers? Is there someone I can contact at BMW NA?

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.