E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A bit of a rant ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

See originally the e60 was sold into the United States as a commuter car for Really Old Fat Ladies who go to and from church as well as a great midsize executive car. When these two groups of people are the primary owner of these cars the age and educational status there were no douche nozzles with plastic wrapped roofs, 20 inch wheels, and the "hey guyz look how bright my angel eyes are. I only subcontracted the work to a sub-par bottom-feeder vendor to do the work for me. Only $2000 on a $8000 car. What a deal!"

And I could care less about who owns the car, where it's Mike, Juan, Antwone, Vladimir or Bozo the Clown -- I could care less. I just don't want these Little Mad Angry Oraters of phpbb drivel destroying the cars imagine so publically.

Seriously -- some of you need to turn in the keys to what you drive now -- and pick up a mid 90s civic. At least they make pre-cut sticker lots for that car.

Dumb dumbs.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Lol, wow. He just doesn't stop with his stand up.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:11 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

I personally go on 4chan/Misc/Reddit and troll whenever I can
Misc. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

these forums are dull and quite frankly I think people over do there cars here.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Lol, wow. He just doesn't stop with his stand up.
Apparently not. Funny thing is shortly after the launch of the E60, modders were out there with kits, AC Schnitzer/Reiger et al were on the scene with body kits. Ashanti and other wheel companies were producing 20's for the platform. Numerous members here at the time were moving to 20's, kits, etc, hence the need for an entire vendor and classified section. I'm just amazed at the unmitigated gall being displayed by someone who buys an old E60 that bluebooks thousands below the cost of a new honda civic and complains that others buying aren't treating it in the elite fashion HE thinks they should, and all who do are some kind of low-class "bottom feeder". Yet those same people had the same/similar purchasing power he did in picking up their old BMW. It boggles my mind, especially considering those of us that paid premium luxury prices for our cars aren't complaining. SMH...
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Stop feeding this troll. He's fat enough. Hey Simon, he reminds me a bit of the " chicken wire" guy that thought your solution for a front camera was beneath "BMW standards". I had a good time reading you dissect his position...
Old 09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
New Members

People way over do their cars here. It seems like some individuals attempt to make their cars as hideous as possible!

"Oh I know what I'm going to do! I'm going to cut slots in the top of my hood on my otherwise n/a 530i. It will make it go faster"

Honestly you guys, this reminds me a lot of the battle we had about CAI's a few months back. I just don't understand why someone dumps $3-5k on aesthetic mods for an otherwise offensively slow car -- to try and make it look fast, when, in all reality that $$$ could be spent on a car that really does go fast.

I know we as a community shat on the Honda forums quite a bit, and from my reading on here, the Corolla Community doesn't enjoy Lots Of Love from us -- but many of your cars on here are just more expensive 8th Generation Civic -- all looks and no go.

I wish we had a rule -- no aesthetic mods unless you have the additional HP to back it up.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Lol!

I am starting to get the feeling that he's just mad that he has a stock 2005 530 that's waxed a lot.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Members

It would be easier to just make a subsection titled "Let's talk about how awesome my stock car is." That way you can just save yourself a lot of trouble.

You bring up good points but great job insulting quite a bit of active members and sponsors in the process. Maybe it would help if you just toned it down a little and quit being so condescending. Anyway, if it bothers you so much just continue to enjoy your OEM stock ultimate driving machine and just ignore what are very obvious topics that come up once a while.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM
New Members

You people aren't very good at this.

For those of you who called the troll a few pages back. Good for you!

For those of you who still think I'm serious and have missed the various bolded and capitalized Lols Rofls and LMAO -- then that's on you.

Trolling aside -- I'd love to see more variety on the board as it does seem that there has been an oversupply of a few topics over and over again.

Also I see lots of you guys are from LA -- anyone down for a meetup this weekend at Wolfcreek in Calabasas. Great beer and food without the Hollywood/Santa Monica prices.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

This is just an opinion, but I would not want to be friended with this kind of character. He will lie, cheat, steal your wallet and get your wife "drugged" and f#ck her while living in your lovely home; because he lost his job and going homeless if you don't help. When he gets caught and realized how wrong he was (for all his actions), he will turn the table on you. He will say it was a joke and condescend you for not understanding anything.

I am putting his thread on ignored, effective now.

Originally Posted by Gatriel
You people aren't very good at this.

For those of you who called the troll a few pages back. Good for you!

For those of you who still think I'm serious and have missed the various bolded and capitalized Lols Rofls and LMAO -- then that's on you.

Trolling aside -- I'd love to see more variety on the board as it does seem that there has been an oversupply of a few topics over and over again.

Also I see lots of you guys are from LA -- anyone down for a meetup this weekend at Wolfcreek in Calabasas. Great beer and food without the Hollywood/Santa Monica prices.

Quick Reply: A bit of a rant ...