E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A bit of a rant ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i in the mod process, I love my baby

Originally Posted by Gatriel
I guess I am lamenting the fact that our cars are becoming less expensive as they depreciate, and younger kids and "lower classes" of people, whom place looks about maintenance and reliability, can purchase our cars.
Owning a BMW ( by which you will in two more payments) doesn't give you the right to feel superior to anyone especially other BMW owners, I met a lot of BMW enthusiast from here and at Bimmerfest shows but you've been the first Douche that thinks highly of a wax job than custom coding your own car, which takes a little more effort and knowledge. Someone has their iDrive shifter too far up their exhaust,
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

At least we're entertained now, lol.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 545 6 speed

I must say this thread is highly entertaining. At least there is something to talk about hehe.. I can only imagine what happens when winter hits. Crickets?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 PM
New Members

My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

Hahaha okay assholes.

First, I elected to finance the car for 10 months after a 90% down payment to build car credit. I could have paid for it in cash but thought -- hey I got an apr of less than 5%. Established credit is worth the $150 or so it will cost.

Second, I could care less about people modding their cars. I had an Infiniti G before the BMW that I had a few things done to it. What irks me is an offensively overwhelming majority of threads being about the same couple topics over and over and over and over and over again. That and a community that promulgates mods over maintenance.

Lastly, the general dialogue on the forum has deyeriorated dramatically recently. It's become a bunch of uneducated drivel. Everyone makes typos, but it is neither cute not necessary to spell things wrong intentionally. I've called people out on this here before, and I was in turn called out on it. I don't get it -- other non-automotive forums I am a part of Dont have these issues, but as stated above this forum isn't the only one with these issues.

So while you all can be dicks about me being a douchbag (which I clearly am) that's fine, but admit that the level of coherent dialogue has been dramatically reduced over the past few months.

Also - this being a forum -- I can only judge someone based upon the English they choose to use on the forum. If you intentionally spell like a moron I reserve te right to think of you as such and subsequently rant about it. If your car needs $5k in maintenance to keep it road worthy and you spend that cash on mods I reserve the right to judge you intellectually challenged and rant about that too.

I just don't have a lot of patience for stupid people. Has nothing to do with a superiority complex. I just generally don't like them.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Contributors

Hahaha okay assholes.

First, I elected to finance the car for 10 months after a 90% down payment to build car credit. I could have paid for it in cash but thought -- hey I got an apr of less than 5%. Established credit is worth the $150 or so it will cost.

Second, I could care less about people modding their cars. I had an Infiniti G before the BMW that I had a few things done to it. What irks me is an offensively overwhelming majority of threads being about the same couple topics over and over and over and over and over again. That and a community that promulgates mods over maintenance.

Lastly, the general dialogue on the forum has deyeriorated dramatically recently. It's become a bunch of uneducated drivel. Everyone makes typos, but it is neither cute not necessary to spell things wrong intentionally. I've called people out on this here before, and I was in turn called out on it. I don't get it -- other non-automotive forums I am a part of Dont have these issues, but as stated above this forum isn't the only one with these issues.

So while you all can be dicks about me being a douchbag (which I clearly am) that's fine, but admit that the level of coherent dialogue has been dramatically reduced over the past few months.

Also - this being a forum -- I can only judge someone based upon the English they choose to use on the forum. If you intentionally spell like a moron I reserve te right to think of you as such and subsequently rant about it. If your car needs $5k in maintenance to keep it road worthy and you spend that cash on mods I reserve the right to judge you intellectually challenged and rant about that too.

I just don't have a lot of patience for stupid people. Has nothing to do with a superiority complex. I just generally don't like them.

It's amazing to me that you're complaining about misspellings and poor grammar in posts made by other members, and yet your own post above is littered throughout with numerous examples.

Also, your "typical" dialogue examples were purposely racist and offensive and do not belong in this multicultural and multiracial online community.

You obviously think you're better, smarter, and classier than many of the other folks here so maybe you would be happier finding a different forum filled with your own kind.

To everyone else: The best way to kill a forum is to tolerate members like this individual who do nothing but criticize others and spread negativity. Even his signature text is written to demean others who are proud of their customizations and who wish to help others by listing them. When I first began modding my own car I often reviewed them for ideas and recommended brands! (I think we can all agree that signature pics that are overly large are a PIA though. I'll grant him that much lol.)

Sorry, but I couldn't stay quiet. I hope these forums remain the helpful and friendly place they've always been. When someone is attacking others, I hope you'll stand up to them. Silence = Acceptance.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Members

...while you all can be dicks about me being a douchbag (which I clearly am)..
Yep.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

Originally Posted by 06530-6M
It's amazing to me that you're complaining about misspellings and poor grammar in posts made by other members, and yet your own post above is littered throughout with numerous examples.

Also, your "typical" dialogue examples were purposely racist and offensive and do not belong in this multicultural and multiracial online community.

You obviously think you're better, smarter, and classier than many of the other folks here so maybe you would be happier finding a different forum filled with your own kind.

To everyone else: The best way to kill a forum is to tolerate members like this individual who do nothing but criticize others and spread negativity. Even his signature text is written to demean others who are proud of their customizations and who wish to help others by listing them. When I first began modding my own car I often reviewed them for ideas and recommended brands! (I think we can all agree that signature pics that are overly large are a PIA though. I'll grant him that much lol.)

Sorry, but I couldn't stay quiet. I hope these forums remain the helpful and friendly place they've always been. When someone is attacking others, I hope you'll stand up to them. Silence = Acceptance.
Clearly you're having a hard time with reading comprehension, let me try again with simpler English. I've never complained about typographical errors on a (or this) forum -- ever. I do and will complain constantly about people who misspell words intentionally, and attempt to use AIM speak on a forum where one's intelligence is based completely off the language they use.

First, I'd promulgate to you that humanity is inherently racist, where people intrinsically associate with people who look similar to them. However, humanity is not the topic of discussion here -- however, I am openly socio-economic-aspirationally biased.

And many of the signatures on here egregious. I've turned them off personally, and cannot see most of the rubbish. There are some tasteful sigs on here, that are small, concise, and to the point -- but I don't need to see a monster photo of an otherwise n/a black/black e60 with black wheels every time I scroll through a post. If you have to rely on these things to brag about your car, or to get ideas for your own vehicle, you are an incredibly lonely person surrounded by people who agree with me -- and you come here for affirmation, and you have no imagination, respectively.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i w/M-Tech, Sport and Cold Weather Pkg

Ha, this is a funny and touchy topic. Being the natural mediator that I am, I can see both sides of the equation and while Gatriel has some valid points I think that quotes such as the one about "lower classes" of people purchasing "our" cars have no place in today's society. I ask Gatriel who "our" cars belong to, is that Caucasians between the ages of 30-45? If so, then that is a mighty discrimatory angle to take (and I fall into the catagory of Caucasians between 30-45). I would also suggest that people of younger ages probably own more BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguar's and even Hummer's now than ever before and those forums have probably suffered as well. I just saw a 2005 Jaguar XKR with 50k miles for $21,900. I don't think that is going to change, and in fact it, will probably only get worse since they now give out car loans like they used to do for mortgages, if you have a pulse you are approved!
This site has saved me $780.00 in the first 4 months I have been a member (removed and cleaned my steering angle sensor rather than replacing per dealers quote) so for that alone I am thankful.

Peace out people!

I guess I am lamenting the fact that our cars are becoming less expensive as they depreciate, and younger kids and "lower classes" of people, whom place looks about maintenance and reliability, can purchase our cars.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 545 6 speed

Maybe he's bored at work or school? Didn't read what he posted after that long ass rant. I agree with ditka550. I've learned so much in the short time I have my bimmer.

I'm still entertained I tell ya.

Quick Reply: A bit of a rant ...