E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Basic Air Con Fan Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Oct 14 2004, 02:59 PM
Blimey Charlie!? I am going to PM skidster with this info immediately.? He'll be cock-a-hoop
[snapback]44840[/snapback]
I would really like to see a guy being "cock-a-hoop"
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Members

My car 2003.10. and the fan speed is automaticly 100% !!! and play MP3.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Originally Posted by stu' date='Apr 6 2005, 09:58 AM
Hi whihr/browellm . Thanks for this info!

I've just got mine back from Altwoods in Maidenhead .

The Dual stage brake lights are active and the auto fan works. Heaps of other good things too (such as a whole new typeface on I Drive and clearer radio/rds menus etc ) .

The only snag is; that after the software upgrade ( which took 5 days!!!) my girlfriends key no longer works and I'm mightilly miffed!

However - for the fan a/c thing I'm thrilled! It's just how it ought to be.
Set the temp you want and the fan speed smoothly adjusts up or down to achieve the desired temp. Why the heck did BMW make such a mess of this . I've had 12 months of hassle with them and wasted hours explaining the issue to silly people at service desks, who didn't try very hard to understand what I was saying!

I'd strongly recommend that if you have std air con you get the mod. It's wonderful.
[snapback]111940[/snapback]
Stu

Altwood's are my local dealer, I'll contact them about this to try & get my problems corrected. I was wondering if they charge for this ' upgrade ' or is it a freebie, ie to fix a fault. If they will do it under warranty I wonder if they will supply a loan car if it takes 5 days!. Many tahnks for useful info.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PeterT' date='Apr 6 2005, 07:34 PM
My May 2005 delivery 525 with standard air con had auto fan speed control from delivery - maybe it affected only cars earlier than this.
[snapback]112015[/snapback]
Hi are there any other 2005 owners out there that can confirm that the 2005 model has the auto fan speed control as standard ?

Cheers.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by berkar' date='Apr 7 2005, 09:45 AM
My car 2003.10. and the fan speed is automaticly 100% !!! and play MP3.
You must of had the s/w updated since purchase???
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25 AM
stu
Members

Hi BMWJIMT , definitely, 100% a warranty issue.
Just say, for example, you were told at the time of sale that it would have 2 stage brake lights. The fan thing is pretty important to. It's a clear breach of sale legislation to promote and offer "auto" air con that is ( as supplied in 2004 ) nothing of the sort.
I can't stress strongly enough that it is worth getting the latest software .

There are heaps of other things that have changed too.
Eg The sport settings on the steptronic are far more aggressive and it now rarely drops bellow 2000rpm in sport, always holding lowish gears even at very small throttle openings.

For me I had a loan car (nice new R60 engine 530i with wonderful active steer) perhaps because I made a fuss and was pretty miffed at haveing to wait 3 days for the heated seat upgrade.) I'm not at all impressed with Atwoods though and they always seem short of staff and a bit chaotic. The individual staff try very hard but the overall outcome is always unsatisfactory. Ask when they anticipate having a loan car and ask for for that date. ( take your ins cert along for them otherwise it's nigh on impossible)

My favourtite BMW dealer is Prophets (now Sytner) Solihull (v trustworthy salesman David Blythman) . I had great support from them for years and years in the nineties! I wish I had bought the E60 from them .....Oh well...
Old 04-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Originally Posted by stu' date='Apr 7 2005, 08:25 AM
Hi BMWJIMT? , definitely, 100%? a warranty issue.
Just say, for example,? you were told at the time of sale that it would have 2 stage brake lights. The fan thing is pretty important to. It's a clear breach of sale legislation to promote and offer "auto" air con that is ( as supplied in 2004 ) nothing of the sort.
I can't stress strongly enough that it is worth getting the latest software .

There are heaps of other things that have changed too.
Eg The sport settings on the steptronic are far more aggressive and it now rarely drops bellow 2000rpm in sport, always holding lowish gears even at very small? throttle openings.

For me I had a loan car (nice new R60 engine 530i with wonderful active steer) perhaps because I made a fuss and was pretty miffed at haveing to wait 3 days for the heated seat upgrade.) I'm not at all impressed with Atwoods though and they always seem short of staff and a bit chaotic. The individual staff try very hard but the overall outcome is always unsatisfactory. Ask when they anticipate having a loan car and ask for for that date. ( take your ins cert along for them otherwise it's nigh on impossible)

My favourtite BMW dealer is Prophets (now Sytner) Solihull (v trustworthy salesman David Blythman) .? I had great support from them for years and years in the nineties! I wish I had bought the E60 from them .....Oh well...
[snapback]112401[/snapback]
Many thanks again Stu. I have a few little niggles such as those you have mentioned. It seems like each software level resolves a few of the issues, now the benefits seem to be worth booking the car in for. The Aircon is my main gripe, my old 3 series aircon worked properly. Also in standard drive I get a delay when hitting the accelerator, so much so that I now go to sport mode when overtaking etc. Maybe this will also be sorted by software, I read on here that it would. Hopefully I will also get the brake lights/TMC?/MP3? by default..