E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Basic Climate Control Fan Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 04:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is in for a new screen today and the dealer has just called to say the car is ready to collect.

He says the car has been updated to version 10.2 of the software(this is the first time I've ever seen software version mentioned anywhere) and that it doesn't control the fan speed of the climate control as it only has the basic OBC.

I am starting to find this whole thing bizzare, as I see it now from what the dealer has told me

Car with basic air con and no nav - no fan speed control.
Car with basic air con and nav - controls fan speed.

So either what the dealer says above is correct and this is the way it is, or the dealer has out of date software for the car and/or is being misinformed by BMW UK.

E60-530d-London, as you are the only person to have this working so far is there any way you can get more info out of your dealer.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Members

Garry

I spoke to the service people yesterday and asked them what they did to make the fan work. All they could tell me is that "they reprogrammed the software". I notice from the post by 1stFive that his new car with basic aircon also works as one expects. You could try putting a call into Chiswick BMW who fixed my car.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

my dealer called today and said

no auto fan

maybe later.

i am not a happy camper - he was to have been in touch with chiswick - don't know if he was!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Members

Thanks E, I had a chat with the service person when I picked up the car and what they say is that they have the latest software, my car has the latest software and the auto fan doesn't work. I would discard any info relating to the advanced obc and nav for the meantime, I suspect my dealer simply doesn't have the latest update but it's hard to tell them that when they claim they do.

Oh yeah and I wasted 4-5 hours driving to and back to the dealer today to get a new screen for the pixel problem and guess what, the new screen has a stuck on pixel in the top left corner They say they'll get another screen, I am just unlucky or do lots of screens have pixel problems
Old 03-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Members

My E60 520 built in late Jan/early Feb has basic aircon and no NAV . With the onset of warmer weather today I tried for the first time the AUTO button on my basic climate control and can confirm the AUTO button DOES work the fan speed. I can only assume that earlier built cars did not have the same software as my recently built car.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

Mark: who is your dealer? my car is roughly the same build time and I do have the busNav (and hence, apparently, the advanced OBC)
but
my fan is NOT auto
my dealer says it will NOT be auto

NONE of this makes ANY sense - i can only hope that my dealer is, in fact, an idiot, which does mean of course that I will, again, be moving to a different one!

i think the word that I am looking for starts with a big F.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:15 PM

guys..sorry to interupt, but i just curious w ur problem. Do you mean the fan cant be adjusted manually? low to high?

thx for the info.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Members

The problem is that when the climate control is in auto mode it doesn't control fan speed, so if the sun comes out and it starts to get hot in the car unless you manually turn up the fan your gonna get hot. Same in the mornings when it's cold, you have to manually turn the fan up to heat up the car.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Members

GarryF
I shouldn't imagine the dealer from whom I bought my car has any more idea than yours about auto air con. It appears that my car and I think 1stFive's car both have fan control operated by Auto setting. Do you have an exact build date for your car and/or software version?
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Members

Car was built earlier january, delivered to dealer about a week before the end of the month, dealer claims that sofatware disks they have are 10.2 and that my car already had current version.

It would be nice if someone with the fan working could find out their software version

Quick Reply: Basic Climate Control Fan Info