E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Backseat passengers complain about dizziness

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't realize that this was even an issue.., but a few of my co-workers refused to sit in my car today. The reason is because they felt dizzy and nausea after the last time they sat in the rear. Weird thing was.., my cousin said the same thing a few weeks ago. So I experimented by having my brother drive tonight while I was in the back seat and to my surprise, I got out of the car a little dazed. He had his fun with the spirited driving, but I sure didn't. If 1 or 2 people, then maybe just a coincidence. But 5 people have felt dizzy sitting in the rear seats. Wondering what can be the cause?? The dynamics of the rear seat, the seating positions, etc...???????
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flavaj' post='397032' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:51 PM
Didn't realize that this was even an issue.., but a few of my co-workers refused to sit in my car today. The reason is because they felt dizzy and nausea after the last time they sat in the rear. Weird thing was.., my cousin said the same thing a few weeks ago. So I experimented by having my brother drive tonight while I was in the back seat and to my surprise, I got out of the car a little dazed. He had his fun with the spirited driving, but I sure didn't. If 1 or 2 people, then maybe just a coincidence. But 5 people have felt dizzy sitting in the rear seats. Wondering what can be the cause?? The dynamics of the rear seat, the seating positions, etc...???????

you know what, i havent driven my 530i to work, but I stopped driving the 335i cause I feel

sleepy all of a sudden..wtf? let me drive it tomorrow...now youre making me think...

I'm the type of guy that could drive from norcal to vegas, without dosing off..haha
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Contributors

that's with having a cup of coffee
Old 02-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

My wife complains the same thing to me too. She said maybe I am driving more agressive with the e60.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='397037' date='Mar 1 2007, 08:12 AM
My wife complains the same thing to me too.
Sit the wife in the back.

Good plan!

ABC
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Its your driving style, thats to my experience anyways. If you accelerate quickly and brake quite hard (not hard to the point where ABS kicks in but none the less hard), and you do it often, usually in traffic or in between lights, I find the most passengers in the rear seat do get dizzy, especially if they're trying to read or doing something in the back seat (like watch the head rest TV). But if you drive smoothly, accelerate smoothly, brake smoothly to stops, and don't make agressive turns, etc, they're usually perfectly fine in the back, but us E60 drivers usually drive agressively. And I don't think its just E60, its all cars.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

My wife complains that my driving, whether in my 550, or in her mini-van, makes her nauseous.

I told her that if we were being blunt, her cooking often leaves me feeling the same way.

Suffice that the discussion didnt go much further at that point, and I spent the evening on the couch.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='397064' date='Mar 1 2007, 05:39 AM
My wife complains that my driving, whether in my 550, or in her mini-van, makes her nauseous.
+1 My wife says the same thing happens when we are in stop and go traffic but if she is driving in the same conditions she don't get nauseous. Go figure. Getting back to the OP I sat in the back seat quite a few times at all different speeds and never got dizzy.
cheers
vern
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Last time it happened to me, I was in a Seat Toledo, and it was definitely the driver, not the car. He was treating the accelerator and brake as if they were switches with two positions: on and off.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

look, the whole aim of getting a BMW is to do spirited driving on the darn best ultimate driving machine - we don't buy bmw's to make our rear seat passengers comfortable - if that's the idea - there's always the boring e-class or even more sleep inducing jaguars

Quick Reply: Backseat passengers complain about dizziness