E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-lock ABS System Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Yesterday on my way home I got an error on the iDrive which I couldn't fully catch as I was driving (This is the second time it happens in two months period)says something about Anti-lock System error please drive with care for few seconds and then disappeared. I looked in the iDrive controls section for errors but could not find any. Any idea what is going on and why I'm getting this error? I noticed this happened twice when I was using my breaks more than normal. Could that triggered anything?

I searched the forum under ABS and Anti-lock but nothing came up so I decided to through the question. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

No one have seen this problem before???

Originally Posted by Moopai
Yesterday on my way home I got an error on the iDrive which I couldn't fully catch as I was driving (This is the second time it happens in two months period)says something about Anti-lock System error please drive with care for few seconds and then disappeared. I looked in the iDrive controls section for errors but could not find any. Any idea what is going on and why I'm getting this error? I noticed this happened twice when I was using my breaks more than normal. Could that triggered anything?

I searched the forum under ABS and Anti-lock but nothing came up so I decided to through the question. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

Originally Posted by Moopai
Yesterday on my way home I got an error on the iDrive which I couldn't fully catch as I was driving
I cannot help with this specific error, but when you get an iDrive gong and warning and it goes away, you may be able to review it and get additional information by using the Check button on the turn signal stalk. Push and hold for 2 seconds. You can also push the iDrive controller to get the "i" menu, then select "Service" and "Check Control messages" for any stored messages. Review your owner's manual under "Check Control" in the "Everything Under Control" section.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

I do check in the iDrive under controls section right away and it shows ALL SYSTEM OK!.

Originally Posted by SilberGrauE60
I cannot help with this specific error, but when you get an iDrive gong and warning and it goes away, you may be able to review it and get additional information by using the Check button on the turn signal stalk. Push and hold for 2 seconds. You can also push the iDrive controller to get the "i" menu, then select "Service" and "Check Control messages" for any stored messages. Review your owner's manual under "Check Control" in the "Everything Under Control" section.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Members

I have been having this error also, in fact my wife saw it this morning. I took it to the dealer and since it goes away, they can't find it with the scanner. Hopefully it is just a sensor glitch, but the system remains functional....

Jarek
Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Need help.

I got the same issue like your, the ABS goes off/on. How did you fix it?