E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

25.04 applied -- Nice improvement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony15012' post='419404' date='Apr 30 2007, 04:16 PM
This is what I showed them and they said it was a year old nevermind the date.
I wonder if there's anyone on this forum who would've accepted what is a blatantly stupid response from the dealer.

No more business for them then.

ABC
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue/Auburn/Popular Wood Trim*Steptronic*NAV* Cold Weather Package*Rear Sunshades*Rear Side AirBags*Rear Heated Seats*Fold Down Rear Seats*Sport Package*Premium Sound*HUD*SAT Radio*

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='418654' date='Apr 27 2007, 02:13 PM
I believe the organization of the screens and drill down menues are different. Although I just got v24.xx (done by tech that was holding it in case v25 was bad) it too is a different organization then what I was used to. It took my a few tries before I found the CBS values. Start at the I menu level press down and look for car data, then service - see if that gets you to the CBS values you are looking for. Maybe someone with real v25 can walk you thru the process.

Thanks, I found it. Some menus have changed as you noted.

Frank
Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Klepper' post='416095' date='Apr 20 2007, 03:29 PM
2. My ipod keeps playing while I search for other songs. It used to stop playing as soon as I navigated away from the track that was playing to look for a new song.
The iPod adapter has - from day 1 - supported searching (within the same category) without stopping the current song from playing. If you switch from GENRE to ALBUM, it will still stop playing with Progman 25. Only if you are playing a track from within, say, ALBUM, and searchin ALBUM will it continue.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Members

OK, rant mode on... most BMW dealers SUCK!!! After reading this thread I thought "great, this update solves half of the 545's I-drive issues we've had"... So, my GF took her 545 to our local dealer (South Bay BMW) here by Redondo Beach, for this and some other complaints (brake fluid flush warning, active steering drops assist intermittently, slow & intermittent I-drive function & flashing display, HUD display needs adjustment, etc.). After keeping her car for a few days & arguing with her on every problem except active steering (and not even giving her a loaner until we fought for one after they couldn't tell us what day the car was going to be ready) they couldn't duplicate half the problems, wanted to charge her for adjusting the HUD display height (which was supposed to be done when she took delivery, but that day the SA said there was no height adjustment), and since the tech was "unable to duplicate the problems of slow I-drive" (which the SA saw personally, including the screen flashing & blacking out) they basically returned the car to her & said they would have to call corporate to "authorize" the software update as this is "only reserved for specific issues" and they would call her back to see if she's "approved" to receive this, along with finding out who needs to pay for it. WTF? She purchased the car brand new there less than 2 years ago for nearly $70k and it has 11k on the odometer and still is under full warranty & free service. I checked the list of problems 25.00.04 is supposed to fix, and we have experienced 1/2 of them & the SA knows it from the descriptions we gave him! Just like every time we visit BMW of South Bay, we walk away unhappy. They make it seem like they're doing you a favor just for talking to you. No chance I'm ever buying another car there and likey the GF will return to a different brand after this constant poor treatment.

Funny though, as I also have a Mini and Jay in the Mini side of the same dealership is cool as heck. Why does the BMW side get all the jerks?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Don't dump the brand simply because of bad service at one dealer and don't give up getting your car into the condition it was designed to be in. Go to another dealer ( I am sure someone in your area on this board can make a recommendation) and tell BMWNA why you changed. My dealer here in SoCal, Brecht, has been excellent and the version of V25 they installed fixed all the problems I had with iDrive, driveability, etc. The car is now as close to perfect as I could ever expect. (So far.... To be totally certain, I'll give it another month to expose any problems.)
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Slow down and develop a long term strategy for this dealer. Write a very factual letter addressed to the service manager of the dealership (call and get name so you can address to him by name). You might want to title your letter "Why I cannot give you '5s' for service visit" Tell them factually what issues you have had/have and how they align with the fixes that you know from the PROGMAN SIB. Tell them that the SA had at least observed some of your symptoms, if that is the case. Also tell them you realize that they had direction from BMW Corporate not to just upgrade for no reason, but you DO have a reason(s). After writing the first draft, let sit for a day or two and then re-read and adjust (especially tone). Do not demand anything, simply state this does not appear to be good customer service and that you cannot state anything other than that to anybody that asks. Consider info copy (indicate cc) to BMWNA. Make sure you give them good contact info. Since you state the car belongs to your GF, make sure she is the author. Try it, see what happens. May make wonders. One more thing. If they do turn this around and start treating you (her) right, write another letter expressing your "satisfaction" - but lets not get ahead of ourselves here, yet.

Good luck

BTW, I now get my SA to come to my house to pick up car for service and exchange with loaner when necessary after such a letter writing process I recently did.

Originally Posted by rogerbkr' post='419845' date='May 1 2007, 01:34 PM
OK, rant mode on... most BMW dealers SUCK!!! After reading this thread I thought "great, this update solves half of the 545's I-drive issues we've had"... So, my GF took her 545 to our local dealer (South Bay BMW) here by Redondo Beach, for this and some other complaints (brake fluid flush warning, active steering drops assist intermittently, slow & intermittent I-drive function & flashing display, HUD display needs adjustment, etc.). After keeping her car for a few days & arguing with her on every problem except active steering (and not even giving her a loaner until we fought for one after they couldn't tell us what day the car was going to be ready) they couldn't duplicate half the problems, wanted to charge her for adjusting the HUD display height (which was supposed to be done when she took delivery, but that day the SA said there was no height adjustment), and since the tech was "unable to duplicate the problems of slow I-drive" (which the SA saw personally, including the screen flashing & blacking out) they basically returned the car to her & said they would have to call corporate to "authorize" the software update as this is "only reserved for specific issues" and they would call her back to see if she's "approved" to receive this, along with finding out who needs to pay for it. WTF? She purchased the car brand new there less than 2 years ago for nearly $70k and it has 11k on the odometer and still is under full warranty & free service. I checked the list of problems 25.00.04 is supposed to fix, and we have experienced 1/2 of them & the SA knows it from the descriptions we gave him! Just like every time we visit BMW of South Bay, we walk away unhappy. They make it seem like they're doing you a favor just for talking to you. No chance I'm ever buying another car there and likey the GF will return to a different brand after this constant poor treatment.

Funny though, as I also have a Mini and Jay in the Mini side of the same dealership is cool as heck. Why does the BMW side get all the jerks?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Members

Thanks for the tips guys. Good points by all. Sad thing is, that now we have to put all this work into "dealing" with the dealer just to get the car back to where it was designed to be, and they probably won't do anything unless having the issue pushed on them from above. Another sad item is she's used to Lexus and Mercedes (I talked her into a BMW based on the way they drive) and is just beside herself how much worse this dealer treats her than her Lexus & Merc dealers used to.

We'll probably let it sit for a few days & see how it pans out after she contacts them again to see if we "qualify" for the update. Then if not, write a letter. I'm not holding my breath however, as I know someone else who wrote a letter to this dealer's Service Manager & never heard a word.

I just wish we had another dealer close enough to have our cars serviced at that was better. Can anyone else recommend a good dealer & SA in SoCal by the south bay?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i

that sucks. i would definitely go with another dealer and not shop there anymore. y do we have to right a formal letter when it's a $60k+ bimmer.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Yah this is not the first and wont be the last for some of the dealers out there.

Customer is always right. They dont seem to realize that. Why would anyone falisify saying somehting is wrong to take it to dealer to get it fixed. OFfcourse taking a day off to take the car to dealer, setting up appointment and all. Its no fun and very time consuming! You have to convince them to do somethings!!! When you buy a $60K car, you buy peace of mind tooo.

Recently I took mine twice for a sunroof noise (wind-noises when the window is closed) .. They keep some adjustments and return car back. SA wont take ride with me to show him the problm. And they dont even listen why I say many ppl on forums report only way to fix this is replace SEALs. I was forced to give up trying to get it fixed twice.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Members

Well finally managed to get South Bay BMW to update the software on the 545 after another visit with the usual laundry list of problems. Only took ~3 days for them to do it & they made a big deal about applying the update & reminded me they had to obtain permission from BMW to do it. Anyway, they said they applied "the most recent version of software available", but on the service summary after picking up the car, it shows "update with 25 00 00". They couldn't explain if this was the real software version # or not, only stated it was the "latest version from BMW". Is there another way I can verify which rev they installed?

Quick Reply: 25.04 applied -- Nice improvement