E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

25.04 applied -- Nice improvement

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

You were supposed to ask for the Final Report which would have given you the Target Data Status. At least with that you would be able to tell if you really had 25.00.00, 25.01.00 or something newer. The cross reference is in the Dealer Service section as a sticky. Do NOT do another service without asking for a copy of the Measures Plan and or Final report to be provided to you. No other way than this, especially with a 545 with no RTTI than might have a difference between the versions in 25.##.##.

Originally Posted by rogerbkr' post='426008' date='May 18 2007, 04:07 PM
Well finally managed to get South Bay BMW to update the software on the 545 after another visit with the usual laundry list of problems. Only took ~3 days for them to do it & they made a big deal about applying the update & reminded me they had to obtain permission from BMW to do it. Anyway, they said they applied "the most recent version of software available", but on the service summary after picking up the car, it shows "update with 25 00 00". They couldn't explain if this was the real software version # or not, only stated it was the "latest version from BMW". Is there another way I can verify which rev they installed?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Members

Are most of you guys getting the update under warranty?

thx
Old 05-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by dsi' post='412999' date='Apr 12 2007, 09:17 PM
I think that 25.04 was the first CIP upgrade my car has had, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but this upgraded fixed my *biggest* problem with my 2006 550i. I-drive was just too damn slow. I'm sorry, but if I push a button, click something, move a mouse or give any kind of input to any sort of electronic device, I have been trained to except an instantaneous response. This is the world that we live in, I'm sorry BMW. Nothing made me crazier then clicking something on my I-drive and waiting several seconds for a response. That is thousands of milliseconds people!

Anyway, 25.04 is a huge improvement. I don't really have a problem with the color changes, etc., but they did a few little things that made a big difference. General response time is much faster, I-drive is responsive immediately (no boot lag), and it seems like it remembers where you were when you were last in a menu. Maybe because BMW has done so little over the years with this platform that I'm so excited about such minor changes, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I would encourage anyone who hates how slow I-drive is to get this upgrade ASAP.

-d
2006 BMW 550i
I don't know if its all in my head, but the suspension seems firmer after the software update. Maybe the ASR is stiffer?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='426176' date='May 19 2007, 03:22 AM
I don't know if its all in my head, but the suspension seems firmer after the software update. Maybe the ASR is stiffer?
Maybe the dealer put some air in your tires. A good one will always check the tire pressure during any service.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon

Car was upgraded to day to Progman 25, dealer just called to tell me that there is no sound coming from the stereo. So they need to reprogram, problem is I won't get the car for the weekend. Has anyone else had errors after upgrade?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

I went to dealer to fix a malfunctioned window, I asked them to upgrade the software to 25.xx but they refused to do so. The reason is "we don't want to open a new can of worms" if you car is not running to bad. I told him I have MP3 problem + Navi freeze problems. They can re-generate the problem and I am just not getting the new update. what should I do?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Members

My Ride: November 2005, E61 535d SE Sapphire Black, Black Dakota Leather Comfort Seats, Dark Poplar trim, Pro Navigation, Bluetooth Phone Prep, 6xCD Changer, High Gloss Shadowline, Xenons, folding mirrors, removable towbar, plus other options, Style 166 (M5) 19" alloys (ditched the runflats!)

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='428450' date='May 26 2007, 06:34 AM
I went to dealer to fix a malfunctioned window, I asked them to upgrade the software to 25.xx but they refused to do so. The reason is "we don't want to open a new can of worms" if you car is not running to bad. I told him I have MP3 problem + Navi freeze problems. They can re-generate the problem and I am just not getting the new update. what should I do?
Tell them that the CD over-runs when the car is switched off, that is one of the many faults cured by Progman v.25xx. I've just have mine done because it did have this problem, and now it is rectified. there are several other improvements on Progman v.25xx too. Definatley worth doing IMHO.

Doogie
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='428450' date='May 25 2007, 10:34 PM
Which dealer did you go?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='426035' date='May 18 2007, 04:11 PM
You were supposed to ask for the Final Report which would have given you the Target Data Status. At least with that you would be able to tell if you really had 25.00.00, 25.01.00 or something newer. The cross reference is in the Dealer Service section as a sticky. Do NOT do another service without asking for a copy of the Measures Plan and or Final report to be provided to you. No other way than this, especially with a 545 with no RTTI than might have a difference between the versions in 25.##.##.
BTW cobradav, you're a serious wealth of info here, so thanks for the help! My GF got the paperwork and I looked it over, and sure enough, it states right on the final report "update with software version 25.00.00". Lovely... I think next time I need to go there with her to inquire as to why they would go through all the hassle of updating her car and use an old software rev. At least the good news is, the software update we did receive fixed a bunch of isses with the engine & tranny response. The thumping during shifts & rough engine are gone, along with the poor & jerky throttle response! Still not quite as smooth to drive as my AMG or old M3, but overall worlds better. Her car must have been 20 revs back on software previously.

However, the one annoying problem still remaining is that I-drive is still slow as molasses. We took a little trip this wknd & used the NAV to guide us the whole way & there were a couple turns I missed as NAV didn't relay the turn info until we'd reached or passed the exit. Also the I-drive still sits "frozen" at random times for 5-30 seconds and takes an extremely long time calculating routes. I guess looking on the bright side, we're at least 1/2 way there now. However, on the bad side, since they used an old rev that didn't fix all the bugs, we still need to go back again and spend more time discussing the fix with them for the slow I-drive...
Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by rogerbkr' post='429431' date='May 29 2007, 12:51 PM
However, the one annoying problem still remaining is that I-drive is still slow as molasses. We took a little trip this wknd & used the NAV to guide us the whole way & there were a couple turns I missed as NAV didn't relay the turn info until we'd reached or passed the exit. Also the I-drive still sits "frozen" at random times for 5-30 seconds and takes an extremely long time calculating routes. I guess looking on the bright side, we're at least 1/2 way there now. However, on the bad side, since they used an old rev that didn't fix all the bugs, we still need to go back again and spend more time discussing the fix with them for the slow I-drive...
Try cleaning the NAV DVD. My NAV was acting up and after I cleaned off some smears, it worked better. If the NAV DVD is a copy, try burning another one on a blank from another manufacturer.

Quick Reply: 25.04 applied -- Nice improvement