E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 535i stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 11:16 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ST 2008 535i
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54
Default 2008 535i stuck in park

Alright guys, I have a 2008 535i with e shift. I recently just did a custom single turbo conversion and a valve body rebuild. The valve body rebuild was taken care of by my father who is an engineer. The GEN 2 Sonnax Zip Kit was used, a new separator plate, 065 as was the original one, and the oversized pressure regulator was installed as I had really high clutch pack C adaptations, and my transmission was up shifting from 5th to 6th pre-maturely whenever I tried to accelerate moderately or aggressively. When I pulled it there were signs of wear on the main pressure regulator valve. The valve seat was bored out with the proper tools as well. Now, I had recently changed my bridge seal, the 4 additional sleeves, filter, and solenoids recently prior to this. After reinstalling the mech unit, properly, and doing the initial fill, my transmission refused to disengage park. Put it in drive, goes back to park, put in reverse goes back to park . I tried manually putting it in neutral and then putting it in drive and reverse and it would "stay in gear" but nothing would happen, couldn't move forward or backward. My dad pulled it back out and disassembled it and reassembled it once again. Still had the same issue. I am at a loss as to what the cause of my issue is as I have no fault codes from the transmission, no fault codes from the DME, no warning of any kind. Battery is fully charged, brake switch is functioning, all solenoids were tested and worked perfectly fine. Prior to all the work, my transmission worked just fine beyond the 5th to 6th issue. I can't properly complete the fill procedure for fluid due to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue may be?? I used INPA and xHP to scan for error codes, which resulted in nothing.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:58 AM
Probation Members

My Ride: Sadly a Ford fiesta

I seen a video about this the other day, there's some sort of reset thingy under the cup holders in the front, hope that's of some help
Old 09-23-2021, 08:39 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Barren
Alright guys, I have a 2008 535i with e shift. I recently just did a custom single turbo conversion and a valve body rebuild. The valve body rebuild was taken care of by my father who is an engineer. The GEN 2 Sonnax Zip Kit was used, a new separator plate, 065 as was the original one, and the oversized pressure regulator was installed as I had really high clutch pack C adaptations, and my transmission was up shifting from 5th to 6th pre-maturely whenever I tried to accelerate moderately or aggressively. When I pulled it there were signs of wear on the main pressure regulator valve. The valve seat was bored out with the proper tools as well. Now, I had recently changed my bridge seal, the 4 additional sleeves, filter, and solenoids recently prior to this. After reinstalling the mech unit, properly, and doing the initial fill, my transmission refused to disengage park. Put it in drive, goes back to park, put in reverse goes back to park . I tried manually putting it in neutral and then putting it in drive and reverse and it would "stay in gear" but nothing would happen, couldn't move forward or backward. My dad pulled it back out and disassembled it and reassembled it once again. Still had the same issue. I am at a loss as to what the cause of my issue is as I have no fault codes from the transmission, no fault codes from the DME, no warning of any kind. Battery is fully charged, brake switch is functioning, all solenoids were tested and worked perfectly fine. Prior to all the work, my transmission worked just fine beyond the 5th to 6th issue. I can't properly complete the fill procedure for fluid due to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue may be?? I used INPA and xHP to scan for error codes, which resulted in nothing.
Only thing comes to mind is page 6 in this document:
https://www.thectsc.com/images/pdf/t...eplacement.pdf
Old 09-26-2021, 02:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi

There is a transmission reset procedure:
https://www.youcanic.com/bmw-transmission-problems

I have a similar issue but throwing code 4e22 EGS- electronic pressure control valve 3 that I can't reset.