DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

What brake light bulbs for LCI tails?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

That half a second faster is the reaction time of your average driver behind you, to me that alone is well worth the change, and the fact that i like the way they go instant off instead of fading off, but that is just for the looks.

Im not sure any brighter would be legal over here, the stock bulbs and these LEDS really are borderline on disturbing for the ones behind.
With that said im willing to try brighter when we find any
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Right, sure I understand that. But if the car behind me is riding me that close anyway, I would just flip my reverse HID on and let them know, lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tsaros
That half a second faster is the reaction time of your average driver behind you, to me that alone is well worth the change, and the fact that i like the way they go instant off instead of fading off, but that is just for the looks.
+100
at 50 km/h city speed 0.5 seconds faster = 7 meters less braking route!!!

and thanks again to Singh for confirming the brightness of the bulbs
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

I got the bulbs from the same ebay seller and I am very happy with them.

The spot right in the middle of the light is not as bright as OEM, for the simple reason that where you have the Wolfram/tungsten wire on the OEM bulb, you don't have such a bright single light source on the LED bulb.

But the overall rear light is just as bright because of all the other LEDs located on the sides of the LED bulb.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Members

Now if we could only find a way to get rid of the warnings with NCS then we would all be happy
Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tsaros
Now if we could only find a way to get rid of the warnings with NCS then we would all be happy
my mechanic switched off the "Warm/Kaltabfrage" for the stop lights with NCS. he said its pretty simple.

I only have the codes for the angel eyes below, but the ones for the stop lights are similar and I am sure someone will be able to give them to you in the two coding threads in the DIY section

KALTUEBERW_SL_V_L
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_R
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_L
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_R
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Does anyone have a pic or video of the LED turn signal bulbs sold by John@Motorcepts?

How's the brightness, and is it the same amber colour as OEM or the "yellowish" colour typical for turn signal LEDs?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
my mechanic switched off the "Warm/Kaltabfrage" for the stop lights with NCS. he said its pretty simple.

I only have the codes for the angel eyes below, but the ones for the stop lights are similar and I am sure someone will be able to give them to you in the two coding threads in the DIY section

KALTUEBERW_SL_V_L
KALTUEBERW_SL_V_R
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_L
WARMUEBERW_SL_V_R
We already tried to code them the way we do with all the other bulbs, it´s not working so if it is possible then we need to change something else besides the hot and cold checking.
Thank you for the effort thou
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Senior Members

On my car it works. I am driving with the LED bulbs for more than a month now, and I get no error messages.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
On my car it works. I am driving with the LED bulbs for more than a month now, and I get no error messages.
Could you post the trace of you lightmodule?
a couple of us are running with the LED brake lights and we all get the same errors, and we have tried to cancel the bulb checks.

Quick Reply: What brake light bulbs for LCI tails?