DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Sirius Satellite Module Install (DIY)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am glad to see this thread still kicking
Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgieb
Bazooka,
Can you post a pic with the antenna terminations?

Thanks!
Hey Georgie, the antenna connection on the sat radio is the old style 2 connectors. but i actually connected it to my car and it works. i just took off the pink connector on my antenna and stuck it into one side of the sat radio and i get reception.

so sorry i have to tell you im gonna keep it for now.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Members

Has anyone here notice any difference between old sirius units (2 connector) vs newer sirius units (1 connector) version? Menu, signal, programming different?

I bought one off eBay works great except for the fact that there are certain areas I get Acquiring signal audio cuts out then comes back right away.

The unit had like 2 months of subscription left so I never called Sirius, I wonder if calling them and activating will update location of ground repeaters on unit? or no such thing?

If newer units have no issues like I'm describing, I'm thinking of getting a new Sirius radio before I activate.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by paul1994
update:

Welll the dealership charged me around $470 to do the programming. I dropped the car off on a thursday and did not get it back to saturday. They kept saying they had problems programming the CIP.

I finally picked the car up saturday. They told me everything was done so I checked out everything.

The ipod connectivity worked. cool!
The MP3 CD's worked. Cooler!
Not Sat Radio. Not Cool!

I went through the I-Drive and didn't see the SAT Radio. I went back inside and told the the problem and they said they would look at it. After an hour they could not figure it out so it will be back at the dealership next week on the 24th. hopefully they will figure out the sat radio.

I don't think there are any reasons I can't have both Ipod & Sat Radio. The car did have the SAT Radio Prep.
LOL this is a COMMON statement throughout ALL the Stealerships! They say this because they want more money from you. This is one of the biggest scams out there that is used. They give you one price to program it and then call you later with problems they are having. Really? If they this incompetent to work on our cars without problems, why do we continue to take our cars to them? They play all of us for such fools, and yet everyday we fall into their trap. It happened to me too... Bottom line they make their money on installing the entire system and when we do part of it; like buying and mounting the unit they can't claim this on their charge to you so they make up "problems" and charge for this. Honestly, I think you can probably get a better deal from them or at least the same end cost if you just have them doit all. Or better yet, maybe a indy shop with the right equipment. They wanted over $450.00 to install a battery in my car and program it! Im my personal opinion, this behavior is what gives BMW a bad name.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:01 AM
Members

Apologize for hijacking the thread but does anyone know the part number for the other bracket installed behind the lights in the pictures? I tried to find it on OEM. I thought it was for a CD changer but every time I search for that all I get is the glove box mount info. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I posted the Sirius mounting parts list.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Members

Not sure if that was meant for me. I was talking about the other bracket that was already installed in the car with nothing installed in it in the OP pictures at the top of this thread. Hard to describe but it looks like it is mounted to the floor of the compartment behind the lights. Its not being used for the SAT install. Looks like it was already there although I don't know what its for. I was looking to use it to install some stereo stuff.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

Originally Posted by jlee
Not sure if that was meant for me. I was talking about the other bracket that was already installed in the car with nothing installed in it in the OP pictures at the top of this thread. Hard to describe but it looks like it is mounted to the floor of the compartment behind the lights. Its not being used for the SAT install. Looks like it was already there although I don't know what its for. I was looking to use it to install some stereo stuff.
That bracket is for mounting a DVD player or IBOC-tuner.

Part # 65159120729

REAL OEM
Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Members

THANKS!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

OK gents, I picked up a used satellite radio off of ebay and got the installation hardware. Trying to do the installation. Is there a trick to separating the MOST block in the trunk? I gave up after an hour of playing with the blocks trying to "push locking tab to the left and sliding the upper block rearward". I was getting frustrated and didn't want to destroy something so I thought it best to retreat for now!

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite Module Install (DIY)