DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozi5Msport
Can anyone confirm please - I have found in TIS that:-
Function National versions - Acoustic confirmation from siren when primed and disarmed US and Canada only

For the UK viewers can you confirm or deny that you have ACOUSTIC Alarm acknowledgment both visual and audible
(siren ?chirp?, signal lights flash), or only visual ?

This would explain why this programming doesent work

Alarm sound - ACOUSTIC
aktiv
C941C_QUITT_AKUST_KLAPPE: fkt_frei
K9416_QUITT_AKUST_ENTSCH: fkt_frei
C9413_QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF: fkt_frei

Panic Alarm - SONDERTASTE_PANIKALARM
I have followed the instructions by someone here , I activated the Alarm Sound from the CCAPL , i didn't bother myself looking at anything else ,, all I did is went to the lock -> confirmation ,, I found 2 new options for the alarm beep ,,, just enabled it and my car beeps everytime I lock / unlock

this is what I enabled in the CCAPL

Alarm sound - ACOUSTIC
aktiv

if your car doesn't beep , then you don't have alarm in your car ,, my friend's 550I doesn't have one which is strange , mine 530I has one ... , I found out that my interior rear view mirror has the red LED in the middle but my friend doesn't have it ..
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Farooq
I have followed the instructions by someone here , I activated the Alarm Sound from the CCAPL , i didn't bother myself looking at anything else ,, all I did is went to the lock -> confirmation ,, I found 2 new options for the alarm beep ,,, just enabled it and my car beeps everytime I lock / unlock

Alarm sound - ACOUSTIC
aktiv

if your car doesn't beep , then you don't have alarm in your car ,, my friend's 550I doesn't have one which is strange , mine 530I has one ... , I found out that my interior rear view mirror has the red LED in the middle but my friend doesn't have it ..
Farooq , well done bro , you are catching up quicklly in these stuff ...

I did exactly the same for my car ,, just in CIC , Activated the ACOUSTIC and it works without changing anthing else ..
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Alarm sound - ACOUSTIC
aktiv

In some countries the alarm was a cost option, here in the UK it`s standard across the range on all models.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I have the alarm but I also have these options in my iDrive in Central Locking section.
If you do not have an alarm, you can only get visual confirmation lock and unlock with lights...one flash = lock, two flashes = unlock. I have tested this years ago in GM5 module on the E46. Hadn't really the need to use NCS since then but recently started picking it up again.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I have the alarm but I also have these options in my iDrive in Central Locking section.
If you do not have an alarm, you can only get visual confirmation lock and unlock with lights...one flash = lock, two flashes = unlock. I have tested this years ago in GM5 module on the E46. Hadn't really the need to use NCS since then but recently started picking it up again.
Yes but mine came with the alarm but only visual unlocking/locking as it`s an EU directive that alarms should only make a sound when they are triggered and then for only a set period of time.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Msport Professional

Farooq, Ehssan, BLooD, AchtungE60

Thanks for your help. I failed to check the basics. I dont have alarm just immobiliser. Cant believe it, I have had E36 and E38 and they all had alarms - I thought they were standard.
Thanks again
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Welcome to BMW, cars of much difficulties and no logic lol.
But on the flipside, they do drive like a dream

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yes but mine came with the alarm but only visual unlocking/locking as it`s an EU directive that alarms should only make a sound when they are triggered and then for only a set period of time.
That sucks. Even so, I am sure you were able to enable this in CCAPL and it popped up in iDrive right? I mean I didn't read all 31 pages lol. But congrats on a much succeeded thread to both you and NoQuarter
Old 10-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Members

Alarm sound - ACOUSTIC
aktiv

Well I've coded these options and mine refuses to 'chirp' when the alarm is activated / deactivated (2005 M5).
Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by markie
Well I've coded these options and mine refuses to 'chirp' when the alarm is activated / deactivated (2005 M5).
need to set these as well :-

then set the functions in door locks menu.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
need to set these as well :-

then set the functions in door locks menu.
Ahhhhh I'll take a look tomorrow, is that the same menu that sets the lock when you drive off setting?

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods