DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by kreveta
It reacts to sky being red (sky color temperature). In the sunset it's easy to miss a car approaching you, because of the sun obviously, in most countries, so I think that's why they turn on so early.
We have had couple of nice and worm days in here in London, at 4 pm the sky is shine and blue, but if the sensor is in the shadow it will light up the lights...., so only one crazy man in east London is driving with the lights on.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by madein
Blood, do you know how to change the value for the light sensor? I know in DIS you can see value from 100 to 0.
My lights are on from 4 pm!!! It is enough light till 8pm, I don't get it, why are they coming so early?
The auto light control is tied to car/key memory, so it`s not very easy to change, progman can change it if you know some one that has a progman setup.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by BLooD
The auto light control is tied to car/key memory, so it`s not very easy to change, progman can change it if you know some one that has a progman setup.
I have a progman and I know you....
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

My INPA, EDIABAS and NCSEXPER works with my E60. I have coded the E60 vehicle successfully. However, on my E90 production date 10/2006, the same software and cable does not work. On the E90, INPA can detect the battery and ignition states, but does not communicate with any module. On the E90, NCSEXPER will read the full CAS trace (over 220 K, but errors out when I select Back in NCSEXPER. Error message:

Coapi-1141 error FSW
FSW_PSW.MAN

However, I have tried re-starting NCSEXPER / EDIABAS with no .MAN file or a zero-byte .MAN file and I still get the error when I select Back in NCSEXPER.

I inspected the OBD pin-out in the E60 and E90 visually and they look identical on both vehicles. Both of them do not have a live pin 8 (no contact in pin 8 socket). I am using this cable:
BMW INPA / Ediabas K+DCAN USB Interface, D-CAN, CAN

It comes with an inline ODB adapter (black color item in picture) that disables pin 8 (which the vehicles don't use anyway) for backwards K-Line compatibility.

I am running NCSEXPER 3.1.0. The E60 and E90 DATEN files from ISTA/P v40 have been loaded with the respective LADEN.BAT.

Software versions:
INPA 4.4.7
EDIABAS 6.4.3
NCSEXPER 3.1.0

Do I need to try an OBD connection speed other 9600 bps?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

AFAIK that black adapter give pin #8 connectivity, at least when I tried w/ my multimeter on one end on pin #7 connected to pin #7 & #8 on the other end. On my cable there's no pin #8 exist.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by madein
I have a progman and I know you....
Get ya ass down here and ill sort it for you
Old 04-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Get ya ass down here and ill sort it for you
Old 04-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
AFAIK that black adapter give pin #8 connectivity, at least when I tried w/ my multimeter on one end on pin #7 connected to pin #7 & #8 on the other end. On my cable there's no pin #8 exist.
You are correct. Vendor confirmed: "The cable comes with pin8 disconnected - the adapter will connect pin8 back to the kline.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Members

Today I was playing with the light sensor sensitivity, and as advised from Blood (thanks) it is only available by Progman.

So I have changed it using Progman from sensitive to normal and seems to be better, doesn't light up in small shadow now.

I have also checked the value in RLS:

Before progman:

FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
wert_01
wert_04

after adjustment the value changed to

FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
wert_02

however on the idrive screen still says sensitive and there is no possibility to change the value to something different.

than I have tried
Control unit: RLS

FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
wert_01
wert_02
wert_03
wert_04

hoping this will be the big differences and break point how to keep it permanently on the idrive screen, but......
after reading the unit again it was :

FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
wert_01
wert_04

So I left it on:
wert_2

which should be the lowest (normal) sensitivity
Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I'm pretty sure I have my headlamp washers turned off for the warm season.

Now in the warm weather I don't need to have the washers spraying all over my hood

KBM:

SCHEINW_REINIGUNGS_AUTOM (Headleamp Cleaning)
active or nicht_aktiv

Once I am sure I got it I will update the spreadsheet.

I have tried this and it works....., I was so happy, but after some time I have found out, than every time I'm opening the tail gate it use the headlamp cleaning washers as well
I have the hydraulic door, and it doesn't matter if I pressed the remote control button, or in car, or just the one on the tailgate itself.

Did anyone try this?

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods