NCSExpert Code Mods - Page 76 - 5Series.net - Forums

DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Old 04-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #751
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs View Post
I need your input in this one.
My car is a pre-LCI (06'). One of my first upgrades is installing LCI tail lights using the Bruce Miranda adapters. It is still installed and working fine. Later on, I upgraded the LM to the newer LM2. It was coded in by a member here (nomis_nehc). I wanted the AE welcome lights feature as well as AE as daytime running lights.

Anyway, that was a few years ago. I recently took my car to the shop and had them register a new battery. A few days later, I noticed that the tail outside corner lights are on when the car is in daytime running light mode. However it is off when the car is driving at night and the all the lights are on.

Doing some research, I find that it has something to do with the outside corner lights in DRL set to ACTIV.

How should the fix be approached based on my car's hardware combination? Should it just be approached as programming as if the car came stock with the LM2 (even if the car is pre-LCI)? But then how will that work if I have the Bruce Miranda adapters for the tail? Unfortunately nomis_nech moved away so I can't take my car to him. Also, the shop that worked on my car pretty much had no clue on what happened to my tail lights.
Very weird. When the battery was done was it a BMW shop? Perhaps they had registration problems so did a software update and it changed the LM2 settings?

I would approach it with just changing LM2 settings as if it came with the car. With the adapters you may find that some settings have no affect because they are hard wired in the lights.
NoQuarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #752
New Members

Any idea what the "dual voltage" code does in LM1?
Was trying to get the angel eyes to be brighter, but as they are LED-s, there's probably a resistor killing the voltage somewhere, so did nothing for me. Maybe someone could test it out
Currently working on a '04 E61
IvarV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:48 AM   #753
Members

HI, i need outputs to change to the low level, would anyone able to advise what code value/module i would need to change the base stereo (MASK) to HIFI?
jinsta is offline   Reply With Quote