DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

My Dension story continues

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just want to say thanks to Jay77 who is one of the most helpful and most knowledgeable guys on this forums.

I finally took my car to the Indi BMW people (if you live in Kent, let me know, I recommend these guys as they ve been helpful & answered all my questions without grumbling). They fitted the GW 500 unit and AVR; also coded it as well... all for around (actually less than) £200, including VAT. Working fine.... except for a few bugs
1) they ve put the Dension behind the CDC so I cant get to it!!! I planned to stick a usb key with some of my music on to it...
2) sound comes from only left side speakers in the car for some mysterious reason...!;
3) video in motion not enabled - annoying... so should show them Jay77's recommended solution from dension website when I pop in with the car;
4)they seem to have forgotten to enable mp3 as well!!!
They ve promised to check and fix these (of course I dont get to pay a penny more).
When I pop in, I hope to show them that thing from dension on enabling video in motion... so far as I know, this is legal in the UK. Or is it not??
I ll see... Will let U know how I get on.

One more thing, I ve found someone who can connect DVDs at the rear of the car to the GW 500; happy to come to my place to fit it for my convenience. I am hoping the price will be something I can smile about. I dont want to make that mistake of going to Cornwall or Wales again & depend on 3DSses as only entertainment... if U v got kids, U know what I m talking about! :-)
Cheers!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaGuz
Hey guys, just want to say thanks to Jay77 who is one of the most helpful and most knowledgeable guys on this forums.

I finally took my car to the Indi BMW people (if you live in Kent, let me know, I recommend these guys as they ve been helpful & answered all my questions without grumbling). They fitted the GW 500 unit and AVR; also coded it as well... all for around (actually less than) £200, including VAT. Working fine.... except for a few bugs
1) they ve put the Dension behind the CDC so I cant get to it!!! I planned to stick a usb key with some of my music on to it...
2) sound comes from only left side speakers in the car for some mysterious reason...!;
3) video in motion not enabled - annoying... so should show them Jay77's recommended solution from dension website when I pop in with the car;
4)they seem to have forgotten to enable mp3 as well!!!
They ve promised to check and fix these (of course I dont get to pay a penny more).
When I pop in, I hope to show them that thing from dension on enabling video in motion... so far as I know, this is legal in the UK. Or is it not??
I ll see... Will let U know how I get on.

One more thing, I ve found someone who can connect DVDs at the rear of the car to the GW 500; happy to come to my place to fit it for my convenience. I am hoping the price will be something I can smile about. I dont want to make that mistake of going to Cornwall or Wales again & depend on 3DSses as only entertainment... if U v got kids, U know what I m talking about! :-)
Cheers!
No problem, that's what this forum is for!

In answer to your queries:
1. They should have used a USB extension lead it comes with the dension? (Was the dension new?) and placed it in the same place as the IPod lead.
2. Strange... as sound should come from all speakers as its being routed via the fibre optics... get them to check the switches on the Dension unit only 1 and 2 should be up I think.
3. If you can access the usb you can enable video in motion using a file from the Dension site, make sure they wire the handbrake trigger to a ground source.

Video in motion is not legal in the UK so not something the dealer will enable. Some Indi's might not either.....

Good luck getting it all sorted and post up pics!!