DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Sas
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yeah you will, Key folding can not be set by the FA list unfortunately.
You know that "NOT" or "NEVER" isn't in our dictionary
Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Sas
You know that "NOT" or "NEVER" isn't in our dictionary
Hhahahahahah this one is im afraid
Old 08-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Members

Hey guys

HDC is not working

I need to recode with ncsexpert after a BMW dealer update the software of the car? Or if my coding will stay there.

Regards
Jose
Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JoseSportM
Hey guys

HDC is not working

I need to recode with ncsexpert after a BMW dealer update the software of the car? Or if my coding will stay there.

Regards
Jose
Any coding you do which is not defined by the cars VO is not permanent and will need re-doing after a software update.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hey everyone, im doing a Nav Retrofit and having some issues coding my CAPPL module to add certain codes for the CCC unit. i already added $609 to the vehicle order list and now the CAPPL modules are appearing within my NCS Expert screen. However I am getting the error you see below COAPI-2020 IFH-0009 cannot connect to the unit...

ive done some searching online and people have had this same error but coding various modules....none for the CAPPL tho. some proposed solutions are using Tool32 instead of NCSExpert to code it (but i dont know how lol). Others suggest that the unit itself (in this case the CCC unit, which is used) needs to be wiped clean of the previous VIN/vehicle info and programmed with my VIN before coding of the module can take place. Others suggest that the D-CAN interface cable is at fault and needs to be replaced with another, however ive been able to successfully code other modules with it so this doesnt make sense to me...

thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Car Coding-cappl-error.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Possibly this will help, however I'm skeptical as your not even getting to the BMW screen when you turn the car on.

From the uber resourceful Blood.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1572349
Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Not the same problem exactly, but read this as well.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1657865
Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umichchris
hey everyone, im doing a Nav Retrofit and having some issues coding my CAPPL module to add certain codes for the CCC unit. i already added $609 to the vehicle order list and now the CAPPL modules are appearing within my NCS Expert screen. However I am getting the error you see below COAPI-2020 IFH-0009 cannot connect to the unit...

ive done some searching online and people have had this same error but coding various modules....none for the CAPPL tho. some proposed solutions are using Tool32 instead of NCSExpert to code it (but i dont know how lol). Others suggest that the unit itself (in this case the CCC unit, which is used) needs to be wiped clean of the previous VIN/vehicle info and programmed with my VIN before coding of the module can take place. Others suggest that the D-CAN interface cable is at fault and needs to be replaced with another, however ive been able to successfully code other modules with it so this doesnt make sense to me...

thoughts?
The cable must have a double K-line and a D-can line, the D-can line is for modules connected to the MOST (fibre optic) bus, have you tried connecting to all the modules in your car?, another one to try is the AMP (logic7) as that is on the MOST bus as well.

Did the CCC start up ok after you fitted it?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530D E60

That looks scarily like what happened to me when my first CCC started to fail. Blank screen and no coms to the CCC unit, i actually had the unit cut out whilst i was connected to it in DIS. I hope thats not the case with you, but i would not even bother with diagnostics/coding until the unit shows signs of life. Maybe a poor connection or blown fuse??
Old 08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

It is my understanding that when there is a BMW supported retrofit, the dealer contacts BMW to get the VO. This was the process I thought I understood from various retrofit threads where the customer was told BMW would not provide a new Vehicle Order.

Quick Reply: Car Coding