DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
AFAIK production date 12/'06 maybe already using LM2 but I maybe wrong ... to make sure chk the p/n on the LCM itself or post up your trace file.
LM2 was introduced oct/2006, Mine has it but only just as my production date is oct/2006.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Ahhh yes that's right ... I didn't realize it's the exact same case as mine.

Originally Posted by BLooD
LM2 was introduced oct/2006, Mine has it but only just as my production date is oct/2006.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

- I tried setting CC_ZUENDSCHLUESSEL in kombi to stop the key-in-ignition gong when the door is open. Didn't work.

- A couple other things I am looking for if anyone has any ideas:
- I am trying to get my welcome lights to stay on longer. In the file there is dauer entry which looks like it is supposed to control duration but it only takes wert_01.
- I am also trying to get my eybrows to come on with the DRLs like they do when I have parking lights on.

- Thanks to BLooD and bruce_miranda for giving me the tips needed to get my new iDrive controller working
- Next up is to program away the haptic feedback from the contoller in my '07.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
- I tried setting CC_ZUENDSCHLUESSEL in kombi to stop the key-in-ignition gong when the door is open. Didn't work.

- A couple other things I am looking for if anyone has any ideas:
- I am trying to get my welcome lights to stay on longer. In the file there is dauer entry which looks like it is supposed to control duration but it only takes wert_01.
- I am also trying to get my eybrows to come on with the DRLs like they do when I have parking lights on.

- Thanks to BLooD and bruce_miranda for giving me the tips needed to get my new iDrive controller working
- Next up is to program away the haptic feedback from the contoller in my '07.
Some one over at bimmerforums reckons, change production date to #0307 and then change ZBE (CAPPL) to low_with_slopes. Now I know low_with_slopes wont work as i tried it on my pre-LCI controller but I didn't change the production date first so.....
I have looked to see if theres function for eyebrows with DRL but can`t seam to find one.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by BLooD
Some one over at bimmerforums reckons, change production date to #0307 and then change ZBE (CAPPL) to low_with_slopes. Now I know low_with_slopes wont work as i tried it on my pre-LCI controller but I didn't change the production date first so.....

I confirmed this does not work also. I changed the date (for no real apparant reason), etc. The best I got was a controller with no haptic feedback AND no control - it would jump past entries to the end.

Next step is install the controller I took out of my LCI into the PRE-LCI and try again.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Contributors

I confirmed this does not work also. I changed the date (for no real apparant reason), etc. The best I got was a controller with no haptic feedback AND no control - it would jump past entries to the end.

Next step is install the controller I took out of my LCI into the PRE-LCI and try again.
I can confirm that an LCI controller will work with low_with_slopes as thats what I have, only thing is the car will not be able to have any updates as ISTA will pick up the wrong part no.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
New Members

Hi There,

BMW is quite new thing for me. I got mine E61 530d -2005 five weeks ago. I live in finland and it's been damn cold winter here so my battery dies and changed new one which is Bosch 95Ah AGM. Battery works fine but i'm wondering should i change the battery type to VO?

I have INPA etc. so i could done it by myself but i could not find any detailed info how to do it. I'm a little afraid because everything is so new to me. This forum seems interesting and very professional advices. So i would like to ask which software i should use to change the battery type and how i change it, every single mouse click would be very useful information!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MrHenkka
Hi There,

BMW is quite new thing for me. I got mine E61 530d -2005 five weeks ago. I live in finland and it's been damn cold winter here so my battery dies and changed new one which is Bosch 95Ah AGM. Battery works fine but i'm wondering should i change the battery type to VO?

I have INPA etc. so i could done it by myself but i could not find any detailed info how to do it. I'm a little afraid because everything is so new to me. This forum seems interesting and very professional advices. So i would like to ask which software i should use to change the battery type and how i change it, every single mouse click would be very useful information!

Thanks in advance!
Welcome!

Click by click is a little much to ask but this should get you what you need to do:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...tion-and-more/
Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 AM
New Members

Welcome!

Click by click is a little much to ask but this should get you what you need to do:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/109...tion-and-more/

Thanks but i already read that thread. That only helps if i just change new battery which is exactly similar than the old one. So it does not help me because i need to change the type of the battery to vehicles VO. Old battery was non-AGM battery and the new one is AGM so it must be registered because car will charge the AGM-battery differently than regular battery. That is the reason why there is that damn IBS.

I know it can be done but i don't know how. Stealership would do this but it will cost. I will appreciate any kind of help and/or instructions.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

check out this doc on changing the VO:

NCS_Changing_the_Vehicle_Order_CAS.pdf

Quick Reply: Car Coding