DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Guys , some good news ... I managed to code the LCI tailights on a pre-LCI car ,

will share some information soon , but I need a trc file of LMA1 car to look at the codes

if anyone is interesting in working on this project with me , PM me and I will provide you with the steps .. I need LMA1 woner , even if you don't have LCI tailights , at least I can confirm the codes ...

it works 100% on my car , even though I have LMA2 but still it acts like LMA1 since there is no LCI codes in the trc file ,,
You have a pm, but it will not help as it is pre LCI LM1 and from estate version....
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by madein
You have a pm, but it will not help as it is pre LCI LM1 and from estate version....
that will help dude ,, appreciate it ,, we stay in touch on PM's
Old 03-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I sent you a LM1 trace from my Jan 2006 E60. The file you received was how my car was before I started messing around.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Contributors

yes I've seen your PM , I didn't look at it yet as I just started my day at work few minutes ago ,, will look at it later today,,

but looks like I'll be looking for a local LM1 E60 to test my stuff on it rather than emails/PMs .

but I'm sure you know how to do that , you just stayed quiet all these days
Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Contributors

OK , for time being , the LM2 LCI taillights retrofit on pre_lci car is completed

got the retrofit cable set from the E46 ( Part # 61120140220 ) , since it's a lot cheaper than the E60 retrofit set . offcourse we need only the 6POL to 8POL socket housing cable , the rest of the kit is useless ..
Car Coding-7297124-2465_img.jpg

correct wiring diagram for the E60 pre-LCI to LCI cable ( Pin 6+7 are connected together for both brake bulbs works on brake as OEM LCI ) . removing the contact brushing from the 6POL socket housing is really simple , but the 8POL ones are a bit tricky , I made a small video shows hot to remove the pins , I will post it later ..
Car Coding-pre-lci-wire-diagram.jpg
Car Coding-dsc_1502.jpg

then give it an OEM finishing by using the fabric tape
Car Coding-dsc_1505.jpg
Car Coding-right.jpg

ok here is the funny part " NCS "

I will mention the codes and the values to be changed ,, if someone wants to know the details of the values , then we can discuss it ..

Module : LMA ( LM2 )

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H_R
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_H_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_BLK_H_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERW_RL_BL_1_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERW_RL_BL_1_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERW_RL_BL_1_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERW_RL_BL_1_R
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELD_CC_RL_BL_1_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELD_CC_RL_BL_1_R
nicht_aktiv
RL_BL_PARKL_FKT
nicht_aktiv
BL_2_PARKL_FKT
aktiv
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_BL
wert_02
PWM_ANSTEUERUNG_RL_33
wert_04
RL_BL_1_PARKL_FKT_33
aktiv

PS : one of the values mentioned above will feed the LED tail bars with continues V12 so I'm not using Fog light bulb , the LED tail bars are as bright as the OEM LCI ( I did a comparison with one of my friend 09 E60 )

here is a video I made after I finished the project ..

I'm still working on the same process for LM1 , the only problem is I couldn't find any car with LM1 to complete the test .. someone is helping me here to test few values ,, and once it's done ,, I will share the information with you guys ..
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Contributors

LM1 LCI taillights project is completed as well as another small project which exactly the affects of V6.1 cable but without the V6.1 cable .. V6.1 affects is the easiest and the simplest coding process I've ever seen in my life ..

but since no one showed up any interest ,, I will stay quiet and call it a happy day

the funniest part is that I've done a remote coding for a guy in Saudi Arabia looool
Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Ehssan,

WOW!

It is nice to make this retrofit happen for LM1. I am interested to know how, so please share the steps. I am very close to you By the way!

I think no body replied because everybody got Bruce V6 cables

Again GOOD JOB and thank you in advance
Old 03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Post the video showing how to remove the pins please
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Ehssan
LM1 LCI taillights project is completed as well as another small project which exactly the affects of V6.1 cable but without the V6.1 cable .. V6.1 affects is the easiest and the simplest coding process I've ever seen in my life ..

but since no one showed up any interest ,, I will stay quiet and call it a happy day

the funniest part is that I've done a remote coding for a guy in Saudi Arabia looool

AWESOME

I have only hope than one day I can make it.

Next mode:
Welcome lights on LM1?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by madein
AWESOME

I have only hope than one day I can make it.

Next mode:
Welcome lights on LM1?
Not possible dude. I am happily crushing your dream.

Quick Reply: Car Coding