DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by Ehssan
BTW , when I try to read the DWAS i get this error ,, any idea what could be the reason ??

Look under /WORK folder the file called FA.TRC it will tell you what FAs/VOs are installed on your car.

If DWAS in which is (S6UEA or $6UE) or (S302A or $302) is missing, then your car does not have it.
If you have it, then make sure you clear all in FSW_PSW.MAN (don't delete the file) and try it again.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by miguex
Look under /WORK folder the file called FA.TRC it will tell you what FAs/VOs are installed on your car.

If DWAS in which is (S6UEA or $6UE) or (S302A or $302) is missing, then your car does not have it.
If you have it, then make sure you clear all in FSW_PSW.MAN (don't delete the file) and try it again.
I do have $302 , I did clear .MAN file but still getting the same error ... ... anyways not that important ,,i wanted to have the Beep when lock /unlock the car ....

how can I read the .trc for the whole car ,, I see the guys does trc file for all the modules of the car in one file ..
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Members

I do have $302 , I did clear .MAN file but still getting the same error ... ... anyways not that important ,,i wanted to have the Beep when lock /unlock the car ....

how can I read the .trc for the whole car ,, I see the guys does trc file for all the modules of the car in one file ..
After you hit BACK on NCS go to WORK folder and in FSW_PSW.TRC you will have all the car. Usually it has 213 k, but it is not a rule. Mine for exampling after i play around with some coding, now has 222 k and i don't know why.

Does someone knows what do i have to have in FAs/VOs for having welcome light ?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by larry_bml
After you hit BACK on NCS go to WORK folder and in FSW_PSW.TRC you will have all the car. Usually it has 213 k, but it is not a rule. Mine for exampling after i play around with some coding, now has 222 k and i don't know why.

Does someone knows what do i have to have in FAs/VOs for having welcome light ?
thanks ,, will check it out ,,, what car you have and which production date ? , i may be able to help you with the welcome light
Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys , I've noticed something now ,, before I activate flash to pass bixenon option , my high beam used to stay like 1 second when I hit the high beam stick , 1 second is too much ,, and ppl gets angry considering it bad attitude .. after i activate the flash to pass bixenon in LMA , now even my bixenon stays for 1 second , so it's not flash anymore ...

tried to look at the LMA trc file maybe i find something in it ,, but i didn't understand it . for sure it's an option with different values not something like not active/active ...

guys with LCI headlights or guys with 2006/2005 ,,, if you don't have this issue with your high beam ... could you please post me your lma trc file so that I can compare it with mine and see if i can find that option to reduce the time of high beam ... because I remember in my previous 2006( 11/05 ) didn't have this problem ,, the high beam was really fast and it last for less than 1/2 second ... also in my E92 335I is the same ..the bixenon flash is really quick ....

thanks
I don't have this dely in flash to pass and I activated Bi-Xenon flash with no problem.
My rid is 530 2004 (04/03)with adaptive xenon
See the attached file my car original LMA TRC file
Attached Files
File Type: txt
FSW_PSW (LMA ORIGINAL).txt (12.2 KB, 350 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hatemax
I don't have this dely in flash to pass and I activated Bi-Xenon flash with no problem.
My rid is 530 2004 (04/03)with adaptive xenon
See the attached file my car original LMA TRC file
appreciate it dude ,, I will compare your trc with mine ,, I'm sure it's some options with like wert_01/02 etc ..
Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Ehssan, better compare between M5s

2006 M5 (Prod. Nov - 2005)
Here is my LMA (24kb)- original
FSW_PSW.TRC.lma.txt

I would like to get your LMA trc too.
thanks,
Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miguex
Ehssan, better compare between M5s

2006 M5 (Prod. Nov - 2005)
Here is my LMA (24kb)- original
Attachment 116857

I would like to get your LMA trc too.
thanks,
yeah u r right cuz a lot of things are different between my lam trc file and hatemax's trc file ..

i'll have a look at yours ,, thanks ,, attached is my original one before any changes ...
Attached Files
File Type: txt
FSW_PSW(LMA original ).txt (33.7 KB, 205 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

So as posted in the parts subforum HERE - audible alarm when ulocking/locking was activated simply by setting

CAPPL
ACOUSTIC
activ

I did NOT need to modify the following in my case:

C941C_QUITT_AKUST_KLAPPE
fkt_gesperrt -> fkt_frei
K9416_QUITT_AKUST_ENTSCH
fkt_gesperrt -> fkt_frei
C9413_QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF
fkt_gesperrt -> fkt_frei<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">modifying them on mine returned a coding error, I only needed to set ACOUSTIC to activ.

trace file for CAPPL and DWAI and DWAS:

FSW_PSW.TRC.CAPPL.txt

FSW_PSW.TRC.DWAI.txt

FSW_PSW.TRC.DWAS.txt

can I suggest we add relevant module trc files whenever we do successful coding to enable others to see setting and compare (with NCS Dummy)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Contributors

that's great Andy ,, will try it now and keep u updated ,,, will confirm if it works find with me or not so we can update the thread accordingly ..

Quick Reply: Car Coding