DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

BMW Coding options done via NCSExpert. Include better notes on what the option does than the german translations that are in other threads.

Include things you tested or things you specifically tried and note that it didn't work or what to expect.

After a few edits maybe we can put the tested stuff in it own thread and keep this one for the usual testing type discussions.

CAPPL:
LEGAL_DISCL (No legal notice on IDrive startup)
nicht_aktiv

VA_WELCOMELIGHT (Welcome lights menu in iDrive. Requires change in LMA module also)
aktiv

ONLINE (Enables BMW Onine in Communications iDrive screen- Works in UK? not in USA?)
aktiv
SIM (Activate SIM for internet svc - no "GSM" service message for USA)
aktiv

VA_CORNERINGLIGHT (Cornering lights menu. Lights come at low speed turns, with turn signals and in reverse.)
aktiv

VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT (Seat heater display comes up in iDrive when heat button pushed)
aktiv
VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER (Seat heat hi-med-low slider in iDrive)
aktiv

VA_LONGDISTANCELIGHT (Shows Highbeam assistant menu option. (must have the hardware too for it to do anything)
aktiv

VA_ADAPTIVEHEADLIGHT (Adaptive headligh menu with Comfort and Sport options. Don't know what they do. Have not tested)
aktiv

LMA:
WELCOME_LIGHT_Active (Welcome lights menu in iDrive. Requires light switch in auto position)
aktiv
WL_DAUER (Does this make welcome lights stay on longer ?? )
wert_02

WL_NSW (Fog lamps with Welcome lights)
soft_einschalten

FL_UND_NSW_NICHT_GLEICHZ (Allow High beam and fog lamps on at same time)
active

KOMBI:
BC_DIGITAL_V (digital speedometer is cluster)
aktiv

SHD:
REGENSCHLIESSEN (close sunroof with auto wipers and rain - doesn't work ???)
aktiv

CAS:
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB (Close windows via key FO
aktiv

IHKA:
GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO (Climate fan speed display via orange light around manual speed knob)
active

HUD:
BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG (turn signals in HUD)
aktiv
Old 12-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Cornerlights also come on if you do a sharp turn to add extra illumination.

Beiklappen_b_komfortschl KGM from sept 2005 confort folding mirrors
ASP_BORDSTEIN KGM from sept 2005 passenger mirror kerbfunction (memory seats not needed)
Old 12-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Members

LMA

BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv (activates your Bi Xenons flash to pass feature) works on the PRE-LCI also
Old 12-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
LMA

BI_XENON_BEI_LH
aktiv (activates your Bi Xenons flash to pass feature) works on the PRE-LCI also
Hey d4rk... I already have flash to pass. What is different with the option you listed here? What do I look for to see that it has changed something?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Hey d4rk... I already have flash to pass. What is different with the option you listed here? What do I look for to see that it has changed something?

Thanks!

if you have xenons in your car, chances are that it may be bi-xenons, and what i found on my 5, and my mates 6 series, is that the flash to pass option (especially on the Pre-LCi)
would flash the inner halagen ones instead of the main xenon lights. the aforementioned code i found, tells the car to use the bi-xenon to flash to pass when you pull the stalk back...

Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
if you have xenons in your car, chances are that it may be bi-xenons, and what i found on my 5, and my mates 6 series, is that the flash to pass option (especially on the Pre-LCi)
would flash the inner halagen ones instead of the main xenon lights. the aforementioned code i found, tells the car to use the bi-xenon to flash to pass when you pull the stalk back...

Got it. That sounds familiar. Something about the xenons being too slow to flash so the halagens were used. I'll give it a test.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

Anyone know how to code the Angel Eyes as DRL's?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Anyone know how to code the Angel Eyes as DRL's?
I don't think that is possible. NCSexpert can only change options but not outputs.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
I don't think that is possible. NCSexpert can only change options but not outputs.
It's theoretically possible I reckon, like how you can change any lights (angels, eyebrows, dipped beam, fogs etc) to be the welcome lights?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by ///MrSingh
It's theoretically possible I reckon, like how you can change any lights (angels, eyebrows, dipped beam, fogs etc) to be the welcome lights?
Unless the variable for the DRL allows you to say what light should behave as the DRL. The Welcome lights are different.

Quick Reply: Car Coding