DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY rev.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by bazare
I have managed to make the compressor to work at the moment. There are some differences from the pre LCI wiring. (pin 5 and 8 from x18793)

There is 1 wire red yellow (bigger than the others 0,75 i guess) that i don't know where to put. It's pin 2 from X18793. Some advice please.

L.E.

I did some diagnosis on the car and seems like I have the following 9 errors. Solar and condensation sensor will be installed later.

One question:
rear compartiment flap motor and stratification flap rear compartiment is the same thing? I have 2 errors related to this. The other DTC are normal to be present. And still where should I plug the red yellow wire previously at pin 2?
You should also get an error that the rear Potti isn't present.
This is the dial at the back between the vents where the rear passengers can regulate the tempurature.
I don't see that in your list, so presume this is the stratification flap.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To find out what the missing wire does I will do this tomorrow ...
I will put everything back to original, code everything stock erase all errors.
Remove the red yellow wire from pin 2 and read DTC again because it should throw an error. This should give me a clue about it's function ...

L.E. ok tested and with stock setup and pin 2 red - yellow removed I have the following error and AC not working:
9C69 - monitor supply compressor clutch basis / no communication / permanent

What do you thing guys?

Last edited by bazare; 05-20-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: 07' 520d Msport LCI

I have the same problem with AC not working.

Its because the controlvalve for the clutch and ac compressor is wired differently on Pre LCI and IHKA BASIC vs IHKA HIGH.

2 pin wiring for the basic and 3 pin for high.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 AM
New Members

I have mine working at the moment just as I explained before. Pin 2 is not connected anywhere at the moment. I have solar sensor installed, but LCI cars don't have solar sensor from factory. Any news here?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

I have mine working at the moment just as I explained before. Pin 2 is not connected anywhere at the moment. I have solar sensor installed, but LCI cars don't have solar sensor from factory. Any news here?
Are you sure about that? im pretty sure all E60`s with AC high had a solar sensor.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 AM
New Members

I am 100% sure. A friend of mine has an e60 my2009 with high AC from factory and no solar sensor installed. Another thing is I installed in my e60 lci an lci pannel. Look at the errors I got. No solar sensor DTC before or after installation. Without the sensor i even got some values on the diagnostic tool for the solar power in Watts so the IHKA panel must approximate or something

Last edited by bazare; 06-03-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Solar sensor you need to make aktiv with coding, and if I am not mistaken it is default nicht_aktiv.
Same for the condensation sensor, for which you have no error either.

Don't believe either there is a high version without solar sensor since it is not in the option list.

Last edited by tom_il; 06-03-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tom_il
Solar sensor you need to make aktiv with coding, and if I am not mistaken it is default nicht_aktiv.
Same for the condensation sensor, for which you have no error either.

Don't believe either there is a high version without solar sensor since it is not in the option list.
Same here, default coding for the solar sensor is aktiv and the condensation sensor. At least it was on mine.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
New Members

Both solar sensor and condensation sensor are set to Aktive as default when you recode everything and I have the same settings now. THe condensation sensor gives an error because it is not installed. Beschlag sensor or something similar.
The LCI car of my friend with High AC does not have solar sensor for sure. I removed the IHKA panel and there are no wires for solar sensor installed.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Contributors

Both solar sensor and condensation sensor are set to Aktive as default when you recode everything and I have the same settings now. THe condensation sensor gives an error because it is not installed. Beschlag sensor or something similar.
The LCI car of my friend with High AC does not have solar sensor for sure. I removed the IHKA panel and there are no wires for solar sensor installed.
Beschlag sensor is the condensation sensor.The solar sensor is fitted next to the centre speaker grill on the dashboard, any chance of a pic? im baffled as to why they would not fit it.

Quick Reply: AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY rev.3