DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY rev.3

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are talking about e60 LCI with OEM high AC.
I don't have picture but i checked everything and what I say now is 100% verified in my friends car.
no wires in IHKA pin 10; 11; 12 ;13
no solar sensor in the central grill
condensation sensor is installed and wired
both sensors are coded as ACTIVE
no DTC stored in IHKA
Old 07-07-2013, 11:27 PM
New Members

My Ride: 07' 520d Msport LCI

Just to let others know this.

I had troubles doing my preLCI AC Basis to LCI IHKA High conversion. Mainly this being to my AC not working after the conversion.

I did the 21 pin mod with + on the pin into the panel and - (ground) on the wiringloom side. Did not work.

Then i read another thread saying that i would have to recode the entire IHKA (maybe it did in this thread as well, i didnt see it).

I read the trace file, found two things wrong:

E61
aktiv (my car is an E60 so it set this to nicht_aktiv

Kompressorkupplung
aktiv (pre-lci cars does not have a clutch in the same way as the LCI does, so this was set to nicht_aktiv).

This solved the troubles of AC not working.

A coding with the expert profile of the ihka might have worked just as well but this was just what i saw was different. Nothing else changed in the trace after the coding.

Anyway. Just thought I would share this. There are bound to be other people just as stupid as me when it comes to reading things completely.

Have a nice day fellow forumers.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 AM
New Members

My Ride: 07' 520d Msport LCI

Originally Posted by tom_il
Interesting, sounds logic, the service interval of the micro filter is calculated by the use of the ventilation. And since the LCI module doesn't have this it doesn't give the info back back to the iDrive.

Going to switch it off of also, doesn't work anyway as it is impos to predict how dirty the air is.
How do i turn this function off?

BMW reset the microfilter service for me last week, but it came back the next day.

I have done the LCI ihka retrofit, but not sure on how to remove the function of microfilter service
Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60

Hi guys , retrofited CCC and LCI climate control on my non lci 2006 E60 . The only problem i have now is my Auxiliary heating (webasto ) doesn't start either manually or by remote even if i can see the option in CCC , is there any other coding necesary for climate control so my webasto heating actually works ? All i get now is the regular ventilation with cold air if i press the remote . Usually if it is bellow 15 degrees outside heating should work . Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 09:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60

nobody knows ?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 520I M54

No luck, I don't have AUC_MKIV option in the trc file. I believe I had in the low version reading an old backup file, but not anymore in the high version.
So I added it as night_aktiv and no luck, its there when I read the module but the error 'no signal error from the AUC Sensor' is stil there.

Got this AUC error fixed yet Tom? According to NCS Dummy software version IHKA_60.C09 and later revisions have the AUC_MKIV parameter. Earlyer software versions dont have the parameter. Maybe you should flash it with WinkFP
Old 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by zino
Got this AUC error fixed yet Tom? According to NCS Dummy software version IHKA_60.C09 and later revisions have the AUC_MKIV parameter. Earlyer software versions dont have the parameter. Maybe you should flash it with WinkFP
No not yet, Personnaly I think its a wring problem. I connected the sensor directly to +12V in the enginebay like is described in the LCI wiring diagram as I am using a LCI AUC sensor. But since I am using a Pre-LCI control module this could not work, as in the Pre-LCI wiring diagram the AUC sensor gets its power from the AC control module.
As I don't want to open up the dashboard just for this it has to wait.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 AM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw 525d

Hi
I have Automatic air conditioning S534A and Auxiliary heating S536A in my car from 11/2004 CCC and I am considering to upgrade with an LCI high (the one with auto function).
The middle socket behind the control panel is 12 pin.
Will I be needing any rewiring or is it just plug & play and coding?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:43 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 525dA 2007 pre-LCI.
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by Ghizzaui
Hi
I have Automatic air conditioning S534A and Auxiliary heating S536A in my car from 11/2004 CCC and I am considering to upgrade with an LCI high (the one with auto function).
The middle socket behind the control panel is 12 pin.
Will I be needing any rewiring or is it just plug & play and coding?
Why? I wouldn't do this if I where you. It isnt't a real upgrade, and isn't plug and play. Front bezel also doest't fit anymore. Def not worth the hassle.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:51 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 523i Auto

Why? I wouldn't do this if I where you. It isnt't a real upgrade, and isn't plug and play. Front bezel also doest't fit anymore. Def not worth the hassle.
..deadly right, mate
btw, originally this thread was about pre-LCI retrofit but now is full of LCI 'rubbish', personally can't see the point of stuffing pre-LCI car with LCI controls as its totally not-OEM and probably won't work correctly as there were differences between wiring and other stuff but... thats my opinion
next week going to retrofit CCC Professional and advanced ac as well so wish me luck

peace, folks

Quick Reply: AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY rev.3