Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's 8:15 am over here in Florida, and I can't get in touch with neither the Service Manaer nor my SA. I'm thinking they're still LOOKING for it....

This is a 'Reputable' Dealership, so one would think they will take care of things properly one way or another.

We'll see.....

Still quite upset.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:42 AM
Contributors

I'd start making a list of all the freebies you want off them. Umrella's, mudflaps, 4 new tyres, 20 inch rims..
Old 09-15-2004, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 15 2004, 06:42 AM
I'd start making a list of all the freebies you want off them. Umrella's, mudflaps, 4 new tyres, 20 inch rims..
Just give them Iceman's specs and do the same

Then ask for an eeexxxttteeennndddeeeddd warranty (parts and labour free for as long as the car is yours). Make that transferrable .
Old 09-15-2004, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Service Manager just called me (finally). Said the car is on the way back from Tallahassee right now. The 'brother' who picked it up is driving it back. Service Manager said he would have sent a flatbed truck with her car then swap out with my car, but the 'brother' was already in route back to Jacksonville. I'm thinking the car is going to have at least an extra 500 miles on it of someone else's driving.

I'm thinking asking them to CPO the car (I bought the car with 7900 miles on it) and add Xenons to it. I think that's fair, considering the level of neglect that has occurred here.

This should not have happened - ESPECIALLY at a BMW dealer. This isn't a KIA dealership we're talking about here, and as someone else stated 'They're not selling T-shirts here'.

Although much calmer than yesterday and with a sleepless night, I still feel that a sizeable compensation is in order......And that's assuming the car comes back to me in the PERFECT condition it was left with the dealer.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Members

LOL Thats some funny shit. If they don't find it, maybe you'll get reimbursed with a 2005 model without the 2004 Gremlins. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:26 AM
Members

Wow, Acribb, glad to hear that your car has been recovered. While I understand that it was a mistake on the part of the dealer, as an attorney the first thing I would have done is report the car missing to the police. That would have covered my butt just incase the car was used in any nefarious activity. Anyway, since its been recovered with an extra approx. 500 miles on it I would not let the dealer off easily with them offering a token gesture to appease. I would definetely let them know that they caused some measure of emotional distress and anxiety, not to mention out of pocket expenses since the car now has an extra 500 miles on. I would then look the manager straight in the eye and request a brand new 5er. . Just kidding, but I would surely ask them for something that would have them think twice before making that silly mistake again.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Members

I am saddened and disgusted by the greed, venom and lack of humanity by most of the above posts. The dealer made a mistake. A big one, but one that seems to have caused negligible hardship to Acribb. 500 extra miles on the clock!! So, what? It's not that big a deal. The general tone of most of these posts is to punish the dealer as harshly as possible and see just how much benefit Acribb can extract. To be honest if someone turned up at a police station with a story like Acribb's and saying he wanted to report a theft I'd be tempted to throw him out for wasting police time!

The dealer made a mistake. We all make mistakes. Give him the chance to recover the car and put it right before you all start demanding every extra you think you can screw out of the dealer. Compensation? Compensation for what exactly? For 500 extra miles? Well, I'd be surprised if the dealer didn't compensate you in some way for this without being asked. A free service should probably cover it. Maybe throw in a half case of champagne too.

Compensation for anxiety and stress? - Oh grow up for goodness sake! Why not run to your mummies too.

Have a little faith in human nature and see what the delaer has to say. If you don't like his suggestion, then sdiscuss it with him.

Stop being so damned litigious!

Right, that's enough steam let off!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

I think the cost of CPOing the car, thus adding another 50,000 miles of warranty to the car, and adding Xenons could be easily absorbed into their 'bottom line' by a large VW/Mazda/BMW dealership that has been around for 33 years.

This has obviously upset me. This is my first BMW ownership experience. I haven't even had the car for 2 weeks. This is the FIRST time I have ever brought the car in to ANY BMW dealership. What luck.

Overall, i'm not too impressed with the car anyhow. It has a lot of little problems that I don't see ever really being remedied such as all the I-drive glitches, etc. The problems all seem to be the same - sluggish performance when going from a standstill, faulty cupholders, etc., etc. I wish I had read these boards BEFORE I bought the car.

The car does LOOK good though.

Oh well. Life goes on.....
Old 09-15-2004, 08:16 AM
JDN
Contributors

If you are not too impressed with your car, maybe you haven't driven it enough to meld yet. I, OTOH, am very impressed with my car and would not give it up.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

daymn.... that sucks... please keep us posted about what happens.....