Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 09:08 PM

If your car doesn't turn up in pristine condition within a couple of days, you may want to hire a lawyer to advise you on your rights and to seek compensation from the dealership. This could get ugly really quickly.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don?t mean to be an instigator but I can just see your dealer blowing this situation off as a human error.

Pacifying you with some small token and claiming "let bygones be bygones"

Me I?d call the police and report my car missing! Now I?d have a record of the dealer's screwing up!

Sorry I really feel bad. This should never have happen.

Some one said"
hire a lawyer to advise you on your rights and to seek compensation from the dealership.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

this is a very first time i've heard something like this ! unf$%#ingbelievable ! that makes me think of some stupid tv shows saying the hospital handed out the wrong baby ! anyway, your car is now "used" and make sure they do something to compesate you. if you want to go a little further, ask for a new replacement ! that is just completely unacceptable ! what the f$%# were they thinking !
Old 09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Members

I hope my dealer will not do the same thing :'(
Old 09-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Members

For goodness sake guys......relax.........we're all humans and we all make mistakes. It's not the end of the world.

Worst case scenario, it's been stolen. Let the Police sort it; Your dealer can then put it down to experiance, improve their security, then compensate you.

If it is a genuine mistake, I am sure all will be fine. Worse things happen at sea!

At the end of the day, it's just a load of plastic, metal and leather (albeit very finely combined!!).

Why the hell do we want to suit everything that moves and slightly inconveniances us??? Just make sure the dealer is on the case to sorting it out.

CHILL OUT EVERYONE - YOU NEVER KNOW.....TODAY MIGHT BE YOUR LAST.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Members

There's nothing wrong with a bit of passion.

Ture, people make mistakes, but it still is kind of stupid to hand out an expensive car without checking ownership. Better for people to rant here than take it out on real people.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributors

It is unacceptable period.

It is like sending my wife to the beautity salon and they hand it to another guy.

No way jose..I dont know what language I can use be 'suit them'

Just tell them that situation made you go to the therapy or something.

Oh yes....the therapy trick willl do the trick
Old 09-15-2004, 03:27 AM
Members

That is pretty bad. They should have covered it up and simply told you the car was not ready. I know of an auto body dealership that purposely "loaned" out someone's car that was being repaired to a freind of mine. Now that is crossing the line big time. Atleast your dealership made a mistake. Imagine driving down the freeway and seeing another guy on a date driving YOUR CAR and then imagine finding out they purposely did it. I'm thinking we should all get two way GPS so we can see where our car is at all times.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:50 AM
Members

Is there a law that actually states that they cannot do that? Or would it be considered theft? I mean, it's not their property and they let someone else take it and use it?
Old 09-15-2004, 04:07 AM
Members

Of course it is illegal. However, how can you prove it. If my freind had gotten caught he suddenly would have become an employee who was "test driving" the car. I forgot to mention he is freinds with the shop owner.