Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: no longer driving an E60. I drive a E92 335i now

hey accrib,

feel sorry for you, I hope it ends up allright.

Anyhow (some professional advice), if you go with your grievance, address it to someone who has the highest power (probably the owner of the BMW shop), state your grievance and tell him exactly what is the compensation you want. Otherwise he could send you away with an apology and some flowers. Think about things that are worth a lot for you and will cost him little, free maintenance and repairs for x years, a free loaner when your car is in for service or repair, ...

Good luck

G
Old 09-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Members

Glad you got your car back dude. Seems your dealership was genuine in their mistake.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

more than fair recompense: that dealer is a keeper and you should realise that you are lucky to have him !!!

tell your friends, anyone on the board in your area - i would buy a car from that man.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:20 PM
JDN
Contributors

That is a fair settlement, IMO. I would be happy provided the car was clean and everything else was copacetic. Good deal, lucille.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

glad to hear your new babe is back to your arms . i think what you got from the dealer is ok. not something that people will say, "wow, i don't mind my dealer screw up if i get this deal!" but let's think about it, if the car is brand new with couple miles on, all of a sudden, it has over 370 miles ? what do you think? i just read a thread we have a fellow member bought a used one with only 450 miles on and saved a few thousand pounds ! i'm going to stop here because i don't want to start another "foglights" issue .
Old 09-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 16 2004, 01:08 AM
i'm going to stop here because i don't want to start another "foglights" issue .
Foglights !???
Old 09-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Contributors

Glad you got your car back. I would have flipped out as well. No noe else wasin your situation. If my car went to someone else I would have lost it. But it hasn't happened to me so who knows.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Members

As Acribb said, it was an honest mistake, and I think the dealer behaved pretty well in terms of compensation etc. So.... to all you guys who were all set to ring the police or your lawyers.... Have a little more faith in human nature. Personally I suffer from the naive view that everyone is honest and will treat me fairly. I am seldom if ever disappointed, and it keeps my blood pressure nicely low

BTW, someone asked how I'd feel if it was my car and had then been used to commit a crime. Slightly daft question, but as it would be the easiest thing in the world to prove I wasn't in charge of the car at the time then I am not excatly likely to lose any sleep over it.

Did I miss the point, or wasn't it some guy who was picking up the car for his mother who accidentally walked out with Acribb's car? If so, why did everyone assume he was going to thrash the car, commit a crime, or take any less care of it than Acribb would. Personally I think we tend to take more care of someone else's property (particularly a friend or parent) than of our own. Company cars may be an exception!!

Anyway, all's well that ends as you like it.

James
Old 09-17-2004, 05:09 AM
Members

Well said James. I am just so fed up of the greed of society we live in.

Acribb....you are not out of pocket.......show us what a man you are and donate the 500 bucks to charity. Preferably one that supports kids who will never even dream of owning a car as nice as yours.

After all, the dealer is repairing the supposed damage to the rims and given you some freebies.

Rob
Old 09-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robbie' date='Sep 17 2004, 02:09 PM
show us what a man you are and donate the 500 bucks to charity.
Yeah, I've got the bank account details for the Get-Fred-In-An-M5-Foundation.