Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love you all <_<

going to the dealership tomorrow to sort out the paperwork, car due to arrive next friday but they have got it on priority delivery whatever that means, so that i can take delivery on friday. they need a bit more time than normal to stick on the acs spolier, apparently it needs to seal overnight

jonboy - at the cleaning garage stage
Old 06-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Contributors

The Spoilers use a new type of glue that requires it to cure for 24 hours. Kind of like RTV or beehav I think.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

kigerka, nice set of photos, first time I've looked them over. Couldn't help but notice that special "sport" seat you have in the back. I've got a pair of them in the back, the ladies really like that "sporty" addition.

as for jonboy, yes, I remember that garage cleaning stage well...
Old 06-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Thank you, I also realized that photo was messed up. I went back and fixed it.
The ladies do like the sport seats. I anly needed one. Trying for a reason to have two.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:24 PM
sj3
Senior Members

jonboy: Wow, it's close now! Priority delivery would mean that your car, when dropped off from the VPC, will displace someone already in the service bay so you can be prepped. Your paperwork gets to take cuts in line too. I'm confused though. You say your car gets there next Friday and you can have it next Friday. Since prep takes about 1/2-day, that will work if your auto gets there by early afternoon, if they're open late. However, it sounds like your spoiler will need overnight to dry, implying a Saturday pickup. Are you getting your car first w/o the spoiler and then going back some other time to leave it with them overnight?

At least you have a garage!! All these descriptions of the garage-cleaning stage of the disease is making me jealous. For me, it was only the closet-cleaning stage, and the pre-delivery visit to the auto-parts store for cotton towels and a few cleaning supplies. Hopefully it won't be long before I have one.

Sam
Old 06-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Members

Hehe, that was the dvd for second season, but i still think 1st seasons of 24 was the best one for some reason. And voran, just to let you know, i had always hated Rear Projections, i never even considered them because of the horrible picture quality, but since DLPs came out and i had a look at them in person, they displayed them with HDTV channels running, the picture quality was just pure Stunning. Researched online about it , there wasnt one site or person i could find who supported the Sony LCD which is the main competition for the Samsung DLP i believe, no one site or person would support the Sony LCD. If you check Cnet, it has given the samsung DLP the best rating in Rear Projection Category. If you goto a TV store like best buy or circuit city, ill probably gurantee that if you ask any salesman which TV he would get if he had the choice to, they will most likely say DLP, even though id say id rather get the Plasma, but Plasma Screens burn in after 2-3 years.
Oh, btw, the wait for the DLP TV was like 1-1and half month, it was pretty intense as well!