Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004 | 09:11 PM
Icy
Members

Angry

Originally Posted by voran' date='Jun 17 2004, 12:12 PM
By the way I've heard there's a nasty bug going around it's called nubimmerenza ...
Yeah, I think I have that...

But I console myself with the knowledge that most people have recovered once they get the "cure".

It's like quitting smoking. At times, one thinks there's just no way one will make it.
Old 06-18-2004 | 01:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MaTRiX' date='Jun 18 2004, 04:04 AM
Seems like all of us E60 owners went through the same ordeal during the wait. It goes a little like this:-

<long post>
Matrix

What a quality post I'm sure that accurately describes most of our experiences here.

Like the "you configure your car 25 times a day" bit. Brutally accurate, lol.
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:10 AM
Members

And the wait goes on................................................ .....
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Matrix,

Thanks for the accurate summary of the emotional roller coaster that we've all been on and thaks for the pics of the HT.

It looks like you have the same TV as my sister (Samsung, I think). The pictures posted don't do it justice. You really have to see it in person, I think.

How's Jack Bauer doing?
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

That version of "nubimmerenza" is all well and good for the folks taking domestic delivery, but there is a different strain called "nubimmerenza europa deliverosa" that we who took European Delivery get. It's pretty much identical to nubimmerenza, except that after we drive the car for a bit, we have to give it back (I seriously thought about temporarily moving to Germany just to keep the car a while longer).

--And then we wait, after having had a taste of the sweet bimmer nectar...anxiety builds, withdrawal sets in. One can mitigate the withdrawal if he hasn't sold his prior bimmer yet, but for the rest of the poor afflicted folks, they're SOL.

--And then we wait some more...anxiety builds, we look at our ED pictures and make trip diaries to try to ease the pains of withdrawal; we look at the 5er booklet/brochure at least once a day; we post lots of messages on the boards;

--And then we wait some more...the waiting is the worst when you know the car is on US soil but there is no ETA for redelivery. Waiting for the trip was bad enough, but at least you knew _exactly_ when you were going to pick it up, here, the suspense is a killer.

--Finally you are reunited, and you forget all about what it means to wait and want.

And that is "nubimmerenza europa deliverosa"

-MrB
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:48 AM
sj3
Senior Members

One thing with the people around here is that once people get their car, they don't forget about the other people waiting. They take time to shoot pictures and post them here. In case anyone doesn't realize, that usually requires turning the engine off and getting out of the car to get to the pc. Think about this for just a second... Someone has just been through 2+ months of hellish waiting, they finally get the cure, and what do they do? They take the time to stop driving (usually) and post pics for the people here still waiting! That's pretty nice of everyone. Good group here.

Rudy et al: what the heck is that Singapore thread about anyway? It's been here since I joined and it just kept getting bigger. I'd look at the title and number of pages and thought...OMG, if I open this thing, I'll never get out again! It remains unread. Anything interesting? Thanks.

Sam
Old 06-18-2004 | 04:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sj3' date='Jun 18 2004, 06:48 AM
Anything interesting?
No
Old 06-18-2004 | 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

I read a bit of the beginning quite some time ago and once in a while I peek at the end of the thread.

All I can say is I wasted my time.
Old 06-18-2004 | 06:45 AM
Members

Wow... never thought this would hit 3 pages... but thanks all for the advice and welcomes... this truly is an awesome board.

If I had known how much advice I'd get about HD here I'd have posted more ;-) But seriously, thank you all, I do lurk in AVSforum as well so I'm familiar with a lot of the issues. Front projection's not for me - I don't have an area that's dark enough and I need a monitor that works with daylight... Front Projection's a bit trickier with too much ambient lighting... it's unbelievable in the dark though truly a "theater exp."

I love the pics of your Home Theater Setup, so what season of 24 were you watching??? Looks great... is it the SAMSUNG??? I'm seriously considering that one - and yeah I had looked at non DLP rear projection but I think the DLP's are much superior - and I've heard of the "impact" the fan has...

Anyway, can't wait until I get my car... will def'n post pics - I had originally thought of the Titanium Grey, but had 528 in silver before and my other "family" car is a Grey - Honda Pilot (nice SUV for the price)... So thought I'd get a different color...

Take care all...
Nick
Old 06-18-2004 | 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by voran' date='Jun 18 2004, 10:45 AM
Wow... never thought this would hit 3 pages...
I didn't realize it hit multiple pages until you mentioned it.

For people with high speed net connections, I recommend going into your control panel and adjusting the "board settings" so that instead of using the "forum default" for number of posts to list on a page, use a higher number (I max mine out at 40).

I don't see any issues with speed using this setting and I find it much easier to follow threads when they're on one long page instead of multiple pages. (Besides, it makes the crazy Singapore thread 19 pages instead of 50! )

Quick Reply: The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!