Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lost all interest in my work, my family, myself - i hate life , i hate Dr Diesel, I hate Flowerfred I hate MrBelk......

BUT ABOVE ALL ELSE I HATE THE WAIT

forum is losing it's ability to keep me away from the deep dark gremlins of impatience.

8 more days to go - might invent an 8 day virus to stay off work and tidy up the garage in preparation..

jonboy
Old 06-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Jun 17 2004, 11:28 AM
I have lost all interest in my work, my family, myself - i hate life , i hate Dr Diesel, I hate Flowerfred I hate MrBelk......

BUT ABOVE ALL ELSE I HATE THE WAIT

forum is losing it's ability to keep me away from the deep dark gremlins of impatience.

8 more days to go - might invent an 8 day virus to stay off work and tidy up the garage in preparation..

jonboy
There's a saying here in the states: "Don't hate the player, hate the game." I was right where you are just this time last week.

It's well worth the wait. The 545 is such a smooth accleration you'll be at 100kph in no time flat and you'll wonder how it is that you're already going so fast.

-MrB
Old 06-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Members

Exclamation

Hey Sam, thanks for the advice on the HDTV - talk about a great forum...

Jonboy totally agree it's really tough the wait... you know what's worst, if the car doesn't make it by next weekend, I may be out of town (first for work) and then to visit some family - won't be back for 10 days... ARGHH!!! Imagine, knowing your cars at the dealer waiting for you but you can't get back to her for 10 days... Please let the car come soon...

By the way I've heard there's a nasty bug going around it's called nubimmerenza has a way of progressively getting worst over a matter of months, in some people it can be a 6 month+ cycle, in others it's 2-3 months... typically starts by SAPPING productivity and efficiency, gets the victim babbling about option 963 not working with 641 when there's a new moon etc. then gets worse... until the last 2 weeks or so are horrid with the victim not able to focus or concentrate.

The only known cure is the arrival of a BRAND SPANKING NEW BMW but it's been known that the victims can manage their symptoms by addictively reading and posting to various bulletin boards and gazing longingly at pictures of other NEW BMW's... some report having success by test driving BMW's - but BE WARNED, it has sparked a strong adverse reaction in others - making the symptoms even more pronounced and requiring even more posting on boards (there are uncomfirmed rumors of extreme cases where people post more than 400 times in 2 months)

Old 06-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Contributors

I hope you get it soon. You will be pleased with the Orient Blue. I think I am the only one with that color and Grey interior.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:00 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Nick: One hint: Since your car will probably be sitting on the dealer's lot with other new cars, it will be in full view of all potential buyers that gaze longingly at it. Unless otherwise instructed, most salesman/woman working there will say that car is already sold but it would be ok to look in it, open the doors, play with buttons, etc. Some may even let someone test drive it. My advice, if this concerns you, would be to specify to your salesman that your car be off limits to other salesmen and/or customers after it arrives.

Sam
Old 06-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Welcome Nick. Hope you get your car soon.

Since it seems that everyone's already addressed the car, I'll chime in with some HDTV info:

Be sure to look at DLP based rear-projection models as well. To me, they look much better/sharper than those that aren't using the DLP technology. I personally haven't taken the HDTV plunge yet but will probably do it one of these days (who has time to watch television with an E60 in the garage and this forum never too far from my fingers!)

Keep us posted on your delivery!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:34 AM
Members

Hi Nick

Congrats on your car! Mine arrived at the dealer today and I must say they simply are beautiful. Hopefully they can get it prepped and in my hands in a few days!

Off topic - but onto your hdtv.....

DLP projectors are nice, but some people are sensitive to dlp projectors. The color is projected by using a spinning color wheel, and some people are sensitive to the frequency at which the wheel spins. You might want to make sure everyone in your family gets to test the projector first, to make sure there are no problems.

You might also want to look at the lcd projectors. They produce the best light by far, and although many people say that dlp is better than lcd, don't believe them.
Many of the mainstream dlp projectors may be better now than cheap lcd projectors, but I don't think there are any dlp's out there that will beat a real high quality lcd.

Of course, CRT is still the best but there are probems with crt as well - high cost - and you need a very dark room.

I have a 20-hd made by Studio Experience which is an lcd 1366x768 native. It blows away any of the dlp's currently on the market. If you're near CT, you're welcome to stop in and take a look at it.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

bimmerj, that's good advice. I agree with you and read that some people can see the DLP's mirrors spinning which is why I suggested Nick look at them first. Maybe some models are more noticeable than others?

Either way, I read somewhere that you can "teach" yourself how to notice the mirrors spinning but once you do, you can't stop noticing them. I guess the best advice is to not read any instructions on how to teach yourself this technique!
Old 06-17-2004, 11:58 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Wow, this is a fun departure from E60 land!

"Of course, CRT is still the best but there are probems with crt as well - high cost - and you need a very dark room."

True for front-projection, i.e. those projectors hanging from the ceiling or on a table that use a separate screen in the front of the room. Not true for rear-projection TV's, both in terms of cost and light requirements. I.e. rear projection sets are low cost compared to equivalent quality DLPs and LCDs and rear projection sets do not require complete control of room light like front projectors do. Just a clarification of bimmerj's comment.

Sam

Rudy, just think, you can watch those BMW videos and post forum responses from your couch, with your computer connected to the digital input of your new HDTV! So, that proves it, BMW E60's and HDTVs can be discussed in the same sentence! Who would have known.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sam and Bimmerj,

You guys spend any time over at AVSforum? It is to Audo/Video as this place is to the E60! (My apologies to anyone prepping for the SAT! )

(I hope this thread doesn't turn into some "Singapore-like" 20-page HDTV thread! )

Quick Reply: The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!