Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004 | 12:14 PM
Senior Members

ghdteye tutjejehdh iskskshay not feeling well jajan,vpcmxx sksiqqqo q0ookeqd oqomap iuiqj qioq oqiq ieiwqoppqfoo need to lie downpo proieriiur qioeool]'loineflkekf

bojon
Old 06-17-2004 | 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

jb-

Get well soon!
Old 06-17-2004 | 12:22 PM
Members

AVSforum is where the experts are. Some are highly opinionated, but the best of the best are there.

Yes Sj3 - thanks for clarifying that. I was speaking only of front projection crt.
I really like rear projection crt (and plasma of course) the best, but when you look at the prices of rear projection screens in 16:9, they are close to the cost of a front projector. If you have an empty wall and an area for a 20' throw from a projector, you can work magic. I went from a 50" diagonal 4:3 Hitachi to a 10'x7' projection area. Really nice when you're watching Moonraker, Star Wars, or just about anything! And watching some sports, expecially hockey in hi def on a 10' wide screen is simply awesome. It is like you are looking through a window right into the arena.

Nick - when you look at projectors - make sure you understand what "native mode" is. This is the number of actual active pixels that the projector uses. Some projectors claim to be high def, but it is an approximated high def if the native mode is less than 1080x720. In fact, to watch hidef you really don't want anything below 1280 (xvga).

I'm new to this board so I don't know if going off-topic like this is allowed or frowned upon. Please advise. We can always take it over to avs.
Old 06-17-2004 | 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bimmerj' date='Jun 17 2004, 04:22 PM
I'm new to this board so I don't know if going off-topic like this is allowed or frowned upon. Please advise. We can always take it over to avs.
There is a lounge here for OT stuff but I never even check it to see if there are new posts. I really don't think, at least at this time, that anyone will mind a few OT's here in the "main" discussion forum. (Maybe someday when the board gets bigger, it'll be necessary to move OT threads to the lounge.)

I can't speak for everyone and I'm not an admin but I think you'll find a pretty lax attitude over here about things like this. Most of us are relatively new here as well. I think the one thing that won't be tolerated is trolling. If you need an example of what I'm talking about, just read any post on roadfly's E60 board!! Something tells me that the admins here (das and Lomag) are planning something that'll make this board better and better -- if I'm wrong guys, please be sure to correct me!

I think the recent growth of this board is a direct result of the "normal" people fleeing RF and coming here so again, I don't worry about a little OT here and there. Welcome, welcome, welcome!
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:04 PM
Members

Seems like all of us E60 owners went through the same ordeal during the wait. It goes a little like this:-

- You configure your car atleast 25 times a day, atleast 3 months prior to the time you actually go to the dealer to place the order.
- Now that your ready to place the order, you already know your exact specs/price by heart, and you probably know more about the car than the saleperson himself.
- Now your anxious to know how long is it going to take!!! The dealer will tell you approximately 2 and a half months in most cases.
- Now the DAMN waiting period starts. The first 2 weeks you will suffer, stay online searching for more and more information/picture relating to the car you bought. Then after that, you calm down for the rest of the waiting period by reading and replying to posts on the forums. Now for the remaining 15 days you will become INSANE!! You just want the damn car now! The forums will loose their effect, you dont want to goto work, speak to anyone, or do anything except maybe look at pictures of E60's posted by new owners. The pictures taken by BMW also arent much fun to look at by now. In my case i liked seeing the interior pics of the new owners cars that they posted on this forum.
- Now in the final 1 and half week, you will start posting about the car, how it has arrived, its at the VPC etc etc, and will most likely make posts asking other owners from their experience about how long will it takes from the point where your car is right now.
- 1 week prior to receiving the car, out of the blue you receive "THE CALL"!! You look at the display on phone and it says BMW. The Excitement!
- Since your so anxious to get the car, most likely youd want to just go and checkout your car when its delievered at the dealer.
- Now you start cleaning up your garage, throw out the garbage, clean the floor etc etc.
- 2 days left and your just CAnt wait!
- 1 day left, the wait is ok at this point!
- Night before the pickup, CANT SLEEP! You dont want to sleep, you just want the damn sun to come out so its morning and you can go pickup the carr.
- Its morning and you kinda dont want to wakeup since you couldnt sleep the night before. In my case i woke up at 11:30am instead of the planned 8am getup. I just kept thinking why couldnt they just give me the car the night before instead of getting it at 8:30 in the morning!
- Now you cant wait, its morning, its the day your suppose to pickup the car, exitement overload!
- Now its time you fill out everything needed to be filled, do the payment etc etc, you just want to get outta there and get rid of the paper work as soon as possible.
- Now finally its the time you had been waiting for, your sitting in the car ! but the saleperson has to show you all the features etc. But its really no use since you already know more than the saleperson himself! In my case, i didnt even ask for any help, as soon as i got the car i just left!
- At this point you will probably want to just cruise, drive and drive, you will probably have a good music cd prepared for this very moment.
- Its probably late night, you have around 400 km on the car, cant wait for the breakin period to be over so you can step on it!
- You will probably now post some pics on teh forums to fulfill the needs of other owners who are waiting for their car .
- Then your life gets back to normal after a week or so, but still you will be making excuses, asking your family if anyone needs anything, asking your wife if she needs any grocery just so you can drive the car!

Umm yeah so i think ill stop here.
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:12 PM
Contributors

Matrix......its uncanny just how accurately you have described my experience....and I thought it was just me!

seems its a common ailment here!

DD
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:38 PM
Members

Hehe DD, at first i thought the same thing as well, but after reading so many posts of similar experiences as me, i was convinced too that it is indeed a common pattern that evey E60 owner goes through.
And rudy, your dead on. DLP is the way to go if your going HDTV, matter fact i own one. Ill share some pics so you guys can have a look how stunning it looks, and i apologize for the poor picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!-1.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:56 PM
Members

hehe, took couple more shots as well so thought id post em.
Attached Thumbnails The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!-2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004 | 08:58 PM
Members

second last picture
Attached Thumbnails The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!-3.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004 | 09:04 PM
Members

last one
Attached Thumbnails The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Wait oh the torturous wait!!!