Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 05:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: At sea: 2005 545i sport, SMG, cold weather, Logic 7, nav, HUD, heated rear seats, sat prep - black sapphire

Originally Posted by JET68' date='Dec 13 2004, 12:34 AM
Side airbags?? Those are standard.? The Xenon headlamps are as well, at least in the USA.
I recommend the Comfort Seats over the Sport Seats, which come with the Sport Package.? Greater range of adjustment and I appreciate the adjustable bolsters, which sort of hug you.?

I recommend the black Anthracite wood trim over the burl, but that's an aesthetic matter.? I strongly recommend the rear/side window shades.? Important in a hot climate....? and I love heated seats, even if their use in southern California is infrequent.? One cool night by the beach and you'll be glad you have them.
[snapback]68532[/snapback]
I didn't order sunshades with my 545, and now I'm wondering if I should have. Is this something that can be retrofitted by the dealership?
Old 12-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by eleven' date='Dec 13 2004, 03:27 PM
I didn't order sunshades with my 545, and now I'm wondering if I should have.? Is this something that can be retrofitted by the dealership?
[snapback]68583[/snapback]
Probably too expensive.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 11 2004, 07:19 PM
I've heard something about ventilated seats but only in black leather!! I really want the (cooler) grey leather. (SoCal just doesn't need heated anything!)

What am I missing?!?!? Thanks.
[snapback]68121[/snapback]
I use to agree with you on this, but I think you should opt for the cold weather package. You may only use it 3 months out of the year, but when it does get cold, like it has been lately, heated seats are a godsend.

You do get a thicker steering wheel too.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Dec 14 2004, 02:26 AM
I use to agree with you on this, but I think you should opt for the cold weather package.? You may only use it 3 months out of the year, but when it does get cold, like it has been lately, heated seats are a godsend.

[snapback]68813[/snapback]
C'mon, COLD in SoCal ?
NO WAY !
It's NEVER COLD in SoCal...
Old 12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Dec 13 2004, 06:34 PM
[quote name='heezy545i' date='Dec 14 2004, 02:26 AM']I use to agree with you on this, but I think you should opt for the cold weather package.? You may only use it 3 months out of the year, but when it does get cold, like it has been lately, heated seats are a godsend.

[snapback]68813[/snapback]
C'mon, COLD in SoCal ?
NO WAY !
It's NEVER COLD in SoCal...
[snapback]68820[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ya huh... it hits like 32 degrees sometimes...
Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Members

Ya huh... it hits like 32 degrees sometimes...
[snapback]68826[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here's the deal. BMW won't allow cold weather package when you get the ventilated seat package. The ventilated seat package requires Nasca leather and comfort seats AND the front seats ARE heated as well. The is a stand alone option to order heated rear seats BUT the order book says you MUST order the cold weather package to get rear heated seats... problem is the ventilated seats will not allow cold weather package! Kind of a catch-22. So I will have heated front seats but no headlight washers or rear heated seats. I doubt I'll have a thicker wheel since it is the sport package. Had to go with Black interior too as the Nasca leather is only available in Black or Beige. Beige is definitely NOT for me.

I am more confused as to why BMW won't allow Anthracite wood trim when ordering ventilated seats?!?! The dealer tried it and the system kicked it out. We then called BMW North America and they confirmed that option wasn't allowed. We asked why and they basically said "what difference does it make, you just can't get it." When pressed, they suggested that if we speak German we may be able to get an answer by calling BMW in Germany. This may turn out to be my one true disapointment with the car. Seems to em the Anthracite would look MUCH better.

I looked at a 2003 745 with the clear bra. It was very visible and distracted from the look of the front of the car. Every body line, PDC sensor, headlight washer cutout, headlight lens, etc. had seams showing on both sides where the "plastic" started and stopped. Maybe the product is better two years later and maybe the detailer didn't get all the wax out of the edges but it really didn't look good. The salesman actually suggested that a rock chip would be less detrimental to the look of the car.

So now I start the waiting game. The salesman called me today to say the build date is scheduled for 1/4/05. Hope those assemblers don't have too much fun on New Year's Eve!!

BTW... Iceman how do I add a pic like you did your penguin? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 14 2004, 06:49 AM
BTW... Iceman how do I add a pic like you did your penguin? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!
[snapback]68911[/snapback]
In your control panel you have to add an avatar pic.
There are actually two different pics you can upload, one is the avatar, what is displayed with every post, and the other one is a personal pic, what is only visible when you look at a profile.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 14 2004, 06:49 AM
..."what difference does it make, you just can't get it."? ...
Great customer service, BMW NA!
It is obviously a BIG difference for you, since you even called them.
And telling you to call Munich is even better. First off all, you will not be able to find and speak to somebody in Munich who can/will explain it to you. But even if (usually the say you have to talk with BMW NA about it ) he would tell you that BMW NA makes those decissions.
I don't know why BMW is still dealing with those ppl at BMW NA, I would fire them all and hire some ppl who really care about BMW and customer service.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 14 2004, 12:49 AM
Ya huh... it hits like 32 degrees sometimes...?
[snapback]68826[/snapback]

I am more confused as to why BMW won't allow Anthracite wood trim when ordering ventilated seats?!?!? The dealer tried it and the system kicked it out. We then called BMW North America and they confirmed that option wasn't allowed. We asked why and they basically said "what difference does it make, you just can't get it."? ? When pressed, they suggested that if we speak German we may be able to get an answer by calling BMW in Germany. ? This may turn out to be my one true disapointment with the car. Seems to em the Anthracite would look MUCH better.

yet again , BMW NA has made an otherwise happy soon-to-be new owner, a little disappointed right from the start.

this is trully unacceptable and I wish we all could do something about it

i am currently in a heated "negotiation" with BMW NA as they will not sell me what everyone else in the world can have

perhaps if we all keep yelling loud enough they will get the picture