Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Just ordered 530d

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this site and found it to be very useful. I'm in the UK and have just ordered a 530d SE in Spahhire black with Auburn Dakota leather. I've been given a delivery date of October 22nd. The UK spec is different to the US in that there are no "option" packs here. I've ordered quite a few extras on the car including style 124 18" alloys, M sports suspension, sports steering wheel and sports seats to name but a few.

This will be my first diesel car but this engine has more torque than the E39 M5 so I'm looking forward to driving it. I've driven a 320d and that car is quick.

I haven't seen the new 5 in the metal yet - it isn't launched here until September 18th - but my dealer is doing a pre-launch viewing tomorrow night.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Members

Congratulations on your new car . I'm also about to order it, but the 525i (I must one the few petrol fans left in Spain ) is not available until the end of September, so I'll have to wait a little longer. I test drove a 530d a few days ago (to check the steering, brakes and so on) and that engine is the bomb but, as I said, I'm a petrol fan and besides I just drive 10-12k km a year. But you've made an excellent choice.
Bye and enjoy, hasta la pr?xima.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Members

I meant I must be one the few petrol fans ... must be the heat
Old 08-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Members

Grats to both of you!! I just today figured out how to log into the owners circle on BMW website using my production number and my car was logged in. It gave me my production date of 9/5 and the actual VIN#. I'm getting excited)
Old 08-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Aug 19 2003, 09:10 AM
Just found this site and found it to be very useful. I'm in the UK and have just ordered a 530d SE in Spahhire black with Auburn Dakota leather. I've been given a delivery date of October 22nd. The UK spec is different to the US in that there are no "option" packs here. I've ordered quite a few extras on the car including style 124 18" alloys, M sports suspension, sports steering wheel and sports seats to name but a few.

This will be my first diesel car but this engine has more torque than the E39 M5 so I'm looking forward to driving it. I've driven a 320d and that car is quick.

I haven't seen the new 5 in the metal yet - it isn't launched here until September 18th - but my dealer is doing a pre-launch viewing tomorrow night.
Congratulations! I'm in exactly the same situation as you: have ordered a 530d (my first diesel ever), with extra options: active steer., dynamic drive and auto-gearbox here in UK. Mine is mystic blue with black dakota leather. Dealer says it'll arrive before launch on the 18th Sep, but I will not get it till 19th earliest. May I ask, who is the UK dealer doing the pre-launch viewing? Also would be greatly interested to hear your thoughts on the new E60 after the viewing. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:51 AM

Thanks for all of the positive comments.

The BMW dealer is Wollaston in Northampton and they are inviting selected cutsomers to view the car tonight between 6:00 and 7:30pm. Check with your dealer as I believe others may be doing something similar. I will post some feedback tomorrow.

On another note I just checked out my tax bill on the inland revenue website and am mightily pleased at my decision to go down the diesel route. I nearly went for an Audi S4 but the tax bill is twice that for the 530d!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Scork' date='Aug 19 2003, 03:04 PM
Grats to both of you!! I just today figured out how to log into the owners circle on BMW website using my production number and my car was logged in.? It gave me my production date of 9/5 and the actual VIN#.? I'm getting excited)
How did you do that, please?
Old 08-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Members

asked my salesperson for my production number and then I went to www.bmwusa.com... then to owners circle... then I registered in the owners circle using the production number... after filling out personal info for owners circle I logged in with my new password and they had my ordered car loaded based on the production number... then went to order tracking... in order tracking go to order detail and will have your car and what state of production it is in. Hope it helps)

Maybe this is a US only service... not sure
Old 08-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Members

Yes, I'm afraid it's only a US service, I wonder why