Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also get a clear bra on it once it comes in. I got mine at Envisage Design in Torrance. Speak with Bain or Edric. They do great work.

Put some nice sheep skin covers on the seats and you won't have to worry about ventilation or heated seats. Much cheaper and does a fine job.

Happy driving!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

All you HUD devotees, I am starting to listen and see the light, but can you see the HUD display in the light? When it is sunny outside and bright, does the display still come into play, or is it only in the darker times. Can some place some pics here of HUD in different lighting conditions. If it works 100% of the time (which it should...wouldn't make any sense otherwise), I am sold!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 12 2004, 07:52 PM
WIll get the Nasca leather with ventilated seats. Guess? the interior will have to be black.. I'm not really happy about this as I am usually way too hot in a black interior car.
[snapback]68327[/snapback]
The A/C is damn good. Your interior will not be as hot as you think. Once you're in the car you switch on the ventilated seats and the A/C on max for about two minutes and you feel very comfortable.

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Dec 12 2004, 07:58 PM
Nasca leather? That's not an option available in the US is it?
[snapback]68329[/snapback]
It's available. It's a priority one option.

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Dec 13 2004, 01:31 AM
All you HUD devotees, I am starting to listen and see the light, but can you see the HUD display in the light?? When it is sunny outside and bright, does the display still come into play, or is it only in the darker times.? Can some place some pics here of HUD in different lighting conditions.? If it works 100% of the time (which it should...wouldn't make any sense otherwise), I am sold!!!
[snapback]68429[/snapback]
The HUD changes it's intensity in the sunlight. It is adjusting perfectly while you drive!

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_0317.jpg

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_0362.jpg
Old 12-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Members

The A/C is damn good. Your interior will not be as hot as you think. Once you're in the car you switch on the ventilated seats and the A/C on max for about two minutes and you feel very comfortable.

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Dec 12 2004, 07:58 PM
Nasca leather? That's not an option available in the US is it?
[snapback]68329[/snapback]
It's available. It's a priority one option.

Iceman, the ventilated seats were the ONLY priority one option listed. Are there any others you know of? I asked my salesman to call tomorrow to BMW to find out about the anthracite interior with ventilated seats and the headlight wash option. Also asked him to "just ask" if there are ony other options available that weren't in the order system yet. :-) It seems like a mistake that I can't have anthracite wood with black leather seats?!?!

My neighbor just asked me how safe it is to order a car that needs to be built during the holidays. Same neighbor that chose a Merc 230 because BMW wouldn't sell him a 525 at invoice. I think it is sour grapes.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Here is the list (looks like you are right and it's the only available priority one option on the E60):

05_priority_1.pdf
Old 12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Iceman, thanks for the info and pics. I have one more question about HUD. What information can it display. I do plan on getting NAV, can you list the possibilities of what we can display on the HUD...that should be my last question...it is now on my wishlist.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Members

Side airbags? Those are standard. The Xenon headlamps are as well, at least in the USA.
I recommend the Comfort Seats over the Sport Seats, which come with the Sport Package. Greater range of adjustment and I appreciate the adjustable bolsters, which sort of hug you.

I recommend the black Anthracite wood trim over the burl, but that's an aesthetic matter. I strongly recommend the rear/side window shades. Important in a hot climate.... and I love heated seats, even if their use in southern California is infrequent. One cool night by the beach and you'll be glad you have them.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Members

One more thing to be aware of.... If you order the HUD, the dark green tint band is eliminated from the windshield of those cars with HUD. In southern California, that dark band helps with sun glare. I've driven a friend's 545 with HUD and I noticed the absence of that band; more sunlight gets in your field of vision. Don't understand why they can't have a windshield with both HUD and the dark band.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Did someone here mention that they were not getting Xenon...mannn!!! might as well get Honda...When you drive on the freeway, xenon says oh yeah, that's a expensive car...btw, xenon helps if you got "Astigmatism with your eyes" Can't imagine driving without it
Old 12-13-2004, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by JET68' date='Dec 13 2004, 01:37 AM
One more thing to be aware of.... If you order the HUD, the dark green tint band is eliminated from the windshield of those cars with HUD.? In southern California, that dark band helps with sun glare.? I've driven a friend's 545 with HUD and I noticed the absence of that band; more sunlight gets in your field of vision.? Don't understand why they can't have a windshield with both HUD and the dark band.
[snapback]68533[/snapback]
There is a coating in the inside of the screen when used with HUD. However, I can't see why that would stop them from coating the inside of a grad tinted screen.
Maybe the sereens are manufactured by different people and the grad screen is not so good with the HUD reflections. Only guessing here.

Quick Reply: Ordering my E60 Tomorrow