Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten the impression that a lot of the dealers don't even know exactly what options I can order. I don't want to miss anything and regret it later. Help appreciated.

I know I am ordering the SMG so I'll get sport package. Do I get a choice of tyres? (Spelled in ENGLISH ) .

I am also ordering:

NAV, PDC, adaptive cruise, active steering, side airbags, zenon, comfort seats, folding rear seats, Logic 7, Leather/wood selector lever.

What do you think @ the rear spoiler? I haven't seen it on pics anywhere to make a decision on it. Only seen the aftermarket ones. I THINK I'll end up putting the M5 nose on it soon after delivery.

I've heard something about ventilated seats but only in black leather!! I really want the (cooler) grey leather. (SoCal just doesn't need heated anything!) Anyone know if the ventilated seats CAN be ordered in grey leather? I also don't even see the ventilated seats option on the BMW usa configurator?!?!

What am I missing?!?! Thanks.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 11 2004, 10:19 PM
I've gotten the impression that a lot of the dealers don't even know exactly what options I can order. I don't want to miss anything and regret it later. Help appreciated.

I know I am ordering the SMG so I'll get sport package. Do I get a choice of tyres? (Spelled in ENGLISH ) .

I am also ordering:

NAV, PDC, adaptive cruise, active steering, side airbags, zenon, comfort seats, folding rear seats, Logic 7, Leather/wood selector lever.

What do you think @ the rear spoiler? I haven't seen it on pics anywhere to make a decision on it. Only seen the aftermarket ones. I THINK I'll end up putting the M5 nose on it soon after delivery.

I've heard something about ventilated seats but only in black leather!! I really want the (cooler) grey leather. (SoCal just doesn't need heated anything!) Anyone know if the ventilated seats CAN be ordered in grey leather? I also don't even see the ventilated seats option on the BMW usa configurator?!?!

What am I missing?!?!? Thanks.
[snapback]68121[/snapback]
Active steering is standard if you chose sport package. Well, IMO you should get HUD, it is awesome using it. But i have problem when i drive other cars after getting used to HUD. Good luck in your order. Also, make sure u get about $3000 off MSRP, it is possible.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Members

Active steering is standard if you chose sport package. Well, IMO you should get HUD, it is awesome using it. But i have problem when i drive other cars after getting used to HUD. Good luck in your order. Also, make sure u get about $3000 off MSRP, it is possible.
[snapback]68123[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks soc. Is HUD really worth $1K? I like to sit low in the car and I hear the hud is hard to see over the dash and that the display lags behind the engine so that you aren't seeing real time info?

I think I have as good as I'm going to get deal wise. @ 2K over invoice. The SoCal dealers seems VERY inflexible price-wise. Had a better deal out of state but don't have the time to drive it home.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, 6 speed, black sapphire with beige leather, style 128 wheels, and clear bra.

I think I saw that a clear bra was a factory option. I got it put on at dealer before I accepted the car. Wouldn't think of leaving dealer without clear bra. Just my two cents.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

HUD is awesome. Well worth the expense. the dealer can adjust its position on the windshield.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

I would second what pharding said. HUD is a blast! and I really find that it has changed how I drive the car. It is really amazingly part of NAV and also, it makes your awareness of driving speed much more second nature.

It is one of my most favorite parts of the car. (I'm expecting that bluetooth may also fill a similiar aspect).
Old 12-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

2DOR --> Is the clear bra noticeble....what dealer??? I'm picking my e60 from Crevier BMW in 2 weeks. My inlaw also had a clear bra on his Mazda RX-8, and it's so noticable!!! His car is black, and mine is Alpine....his bra was made by 3M. I wonder what the dealer uses??? And what did you pay for yours???
Old 12-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 2DOR' date='Dec 11 2004, 09:57 PM
I think I saw that a clear bra was a factory option.? I got it put on at dealer before I accepted the car.? Wouldn't think of leaving dealer without clear bra.? Just my two cents.
[snapback]68139[/snapback]
I dont think its factory option... its a bmw accessory and it gets applied at the dealer by either a contractor or someone at the dealer... most likely a contractor.

From the pricing in the accessory book it doent sound like bad price.. but it doenst include labor and I dont know how much they'll charge for that.

I've already scheduled an appoitment to get clearbra installed right after I take derlivery.

On darker cars its more noticable but on ligter cars its not that noticable... I highly recommend it. I have it on my MINI and its definetly paid for itself with all the rocks I encounter driving around. Having to respray the hood once or the bumper once is already more than the price of the bra.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Dec 11 2004, 10:57 PM
2DOR --> Is the clear bra noticeble....what dealer???? I'm picking my e60 from Crevier BMW in 2 weeks.? My inlaw also had a clear bra on his Mazda RX-8, and it's so noticable!!! His car is black, and mine is Alpine....his bra was made by 3M.? I wonder what the dealer uses???? And what did you pay for yours???
[snapback]68155[/snapback]

The guy thats going to do my car is from OC area... does the clear bra-ing work for McKenna Porsche.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Senior Members

are you ordering a 530? if a 545, you don't have to order pdc and xenon. they are standard .

Quick Reply: Ordering my E60 Tomorrow