Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need HELP ASAP - Replacement Tire choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, so we all know all of my auto issues.? Got a call from the dealer this morning, who I guess got a call from BMW.... my NEW Seals are in, and waiting.? they also have 16.2 for me, yes.. I know, but yes, they DO!? and now, the tires... I am being given a choice, I can wait about 10-15 days MORE (on top of the month I have also waited) for the Bridgestone run-flat replacements, OR, Dunlop has redesigned their DSST 01 run-flats and their is now, as I am told, more support in the area that wore out, causing the tire roar, which I can have Friday or Monday.

Should I try the Dunlops again?? they were great initially!!!? and to tell you the truth, haven't gotten much feedback from this board on the Bridgestone's as to handling. Only that they are quieter.? nothing realyl spectacular about the Bridgestones..

so............can I have some feedback now and opinions?
[snapback]111947[/snapback]
================================================== ==

As I was told by he service manager at my BMW dealer he says the Dunlop is the best performing tire on the market right now for BMW's, although it might have road noise.

Also I hear one the "Run Flat's" gets a hole in it, that there is no way to repair it? Is this true?

Thanks in advance e60 forum!

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Old 04-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 14 2005, 05:52 PM
OK, here is today's update.. as of today, still no Bridgestone's in stock, "New release date is now April 15th".... I have heard this for nearly 8 weeks now...

They DO have a full set of the newly redesigned Dunlops.? In terms of the redesigned, the tread stays the same, the name remains, but as I mentioned, they added a tie rod or something to the belts..

Should I just take the Dunlops, or hold out a few more days for the Bridgestones?

For the record, I am waiting since February 21st, when the replacements were first ordered... I am so confused now, between the tires, the creaking, the software.. The seals are waiting, as is 16.2.... but the tires are holding me up..

HELP my friends???
[snapback]115601[/snapback]
I think you know my answer already...I can't believe the difference from my old Dunlops to the new re-worked Dunlops...amazing difference! Just hope they last!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 01:49 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Apr 14 2005, 05:52 PM']OK, here is today's update.. as of today, still no Bridgestone's in stock, "New release date is now April 15th".... I have heard this for nearly 8 weeks now...

They DO have a full set of the newly redesigned Dunlops.? In terms of the redesigned, the tread stays the same, the name remains, but as I mentioned, they added a tie rod or something to the belts..

Should I just take the Dunlops, or hold out a few more days for the Bridgestones?

For the record, I am waiting since February 21st, when the replacements were first ordered... I am so confused now, between the tires, the creaking, the software.. The seals are waiting, as is 16.2.... but the tires are holding me up..

HELP my friends???
I think you know my answer already...I can't believe the difference from my old Dunlops to the new re-worked Dunlops...amazing difference! Just hope they last!
[snapback]115808[/snapback]
[/quote]

i know you like the new ones, but you are comparing them to a point at which your old dunlops just failed, basically.. noise, handling ,etc... do you really think it is better than the old ones when they were new?

dunlop told me they ONLY added a tie bar.. that's it!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:50 AM
[quote name='cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 01:49 PM'][quote name='wassy' date='Apr 14 2005, 05:52 PM']OK, here is today's update.. as of today, still no Bridgestone's in stock, "New release date is now April 15th".... I have heard this for nearly 8 weeks now...

HELP my friends???
[snapback]115808[/snapback]
[/quote]

i know you like the new ones, but you are comparing them to a point at which your old dunlops just failed, basically.. noise, handling ,etc... do you really think it is better than the old ones when they were new?

dunlop told me they ONLY added a tie bar.. that's it!
[snapback]115823[/snapback]
[/quote]

good point...it's one that I was thinking about the second time driving after receiving the new tires. I started to think it never felt like this - even brand new.

If anything, it feels the same as brand new - if not better. I feel like i'm getting into a brand new car and that's after driving it for a year...16,500 miles and counting...
Good Luck!