Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need HELP ASAP - Replacement Tire choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Wow.... I better check my rears then.... I've got 8500 miles now.

My decision is simple, however. I ONLY buy Michelin tires. I don't understand why a high-end company like BMW would settle for less-than-high quality on one of the most important components of a car. Makes no sense to me.

I'm actually looking forward to changing my tires, because that will be my excuse to buy new rims too...
Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

At 6000m they paid for new Bridgestones. No noticeable difference in ride and handling other than NO TIRE NOISE
Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UKAussi' date='Apr 6 2005, 06:42 PM
At 6000m they paid for new Bridgestones. No noticeable difference in ride and handling other than NO TIRE NOISE?
[snapback]112177[/snapback]

Thank you! I went ahead and told them to go with the Bridgestones... apparently, when I called DUnlop, they told me that they disagree with BMW and don't believe any of the road noise, or other problems are warranty issues.. so I'd rather not get involved with a company that won't face reality!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Sorry but the guest comment about 4k mile tires was me. My dealer called me this afternoon and BMW is putting 4 new tires on my car for free. 100% covered. They are also ordering a new V710 cradle but I still doubt that will work. I am very pleased with the new tire deal. I think it is the right thig to do.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i... Alpine White, Black Dakota, Anthracite, Premiium 1+2, Sports Package, Comfort Access

I have a feb 04 build and my dunlops have 15000 miles on them. No noise, very quiet, no uneven wear and I would say I have at least 5000-7000 miles left on them. And Im also very happy with the handling and durability of the tires.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:13 AM
Ok, so we all know all of my auto issues.? Got a call from the dealer this morning, who I guess got a call from BMW.... my NEW Seals are in, and waiting.? they also have 16.2 for me, yes.. I know, but yes, they DO!? and now, the tires... I am being given a choice, I can wait about 10-15 days MORE (on top of the month I have also waited) for the Bridgestone run-flat replacements, OR, Dunlop has redesigned their DSST 01 run-flats and their is now, as I am told, more support in the area that wore out, causing the tire roar, which I can have Friday or Monday.

Should I try the Dunlops again?? they were great initially!!!? and to tell you the truth, haven't gotten much feedback from this board on the Bridgestone's as to handling. Only that they are quieter.? nothing realyl spectacular about the Bridgestones..

so............can I have some feedback now and opinions?
[snapback]111947[/snapback]
Wassy what is the build date of your car, I'm trying to figure out if my tires are the problem ones or if they are the corrected ones. I really like my Dunlops too.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jochet' date='Apr 6 2005, 09:13 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:13 AM']Ok, so we all know all of my auto issues.? Got a call from the dealer this morning, who I guess got a call from BMW.... my NEW Seals are in, and waiting.? they also have 16.2 for me, yes.. I know, but yes, they DO!? and now, the tires... I am being given a choice, I can wait about 10-15 days MORE (on top of the month I have also waited) for the Bridgestone run-flat replacements, OR, Dunlop has redesigned their DSST 01 run-flats and their is now, as I am told, more support in the area that wore out, causing the tire roar, which I can have Friday or Monday.

Should I try the Dunlops again?? they were great initially!!!? and to tell you the truth, haven't gotten much feedback from this board on the Bridgestone's as to handling. Only that they are quieter.? nothing realyl spectacular about the Bridgestones..

so............can I have some feedback now and opinions?
[snapback]111947[/snapback]
Wassy what is the build date of your car, I'm trying to figure out if my tires are the problem ones or if they are the corrected ones. I really like my Dunlops too.
[snapback]112252[/snapback]
[/quote]

build date is 08/04. when you hit about 6000 miles, You will know if you have the good ones or not.. however, technically speaking ,the new dunlops were JUST redesigned, like in the last month or two... so, anything before then, best of luck.

tires are great initially.. great traction, handling, and quiet as a mouse.. then turn 6000 miles, and whoooooa! sounds like you are driving a jacked up 4x4 with knobby tires!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

If any one remembers there was a poll a while back to decide, which was voted the best tyre, and the poll was voted, goodyear eagle F1
they lasted longer they were quiet and a good ride.

hope this helps
Old 04-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Members

Wassy, when you say your new seals are in, do you mean the improved door seals that supposedly do not squeak?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Good to know the new seals are in. I am going to go with the redesigned Dunlops. The first 8000 miles were great. Now they are are bumpy and roar. The thread looks fine. The wear is on the inside. My dealer says he will replace them again if the problem re-occurs.

Quick Reply: Need HELP ASAP - Replacement Tire choice