Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need HELP ASAP - Replacement Tire choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Apr 6 2005, 09:15 PM
Sorry but the huest cooment about 4k mile tires was me. My dealer called me this afternoon and BMW is putting 4 new tires on my car for free. 100% covered. They are also ordering a new V710 cradle but I still doubt that will work. I am very pleased with the new tire deal. I think it is the right thig to do.
[snapback]112225[/snapback]
Glad to see they took care of you ledbettm! They obviously had experience dealing with this issue since they did it for me a day or so earlier...
Old 04-07-2005, 02:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Rudy,

They made a comment that they had just dealt with this recently. I assumed they were talking about you. I kept my mouth shut about this forum.....just in case I need a CIP upgrade. Don't want BMW to think I am trying to find excuses to get upgraded when the time comes. (16.2)

Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doctorj' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:24 PM
Wassy, when you say your new seals are in, do you mean the improved door seals that supposedly do not squeak?
[snapback]112276[/snapback]
yes, the new redesigned seals!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 7 2005, 02:35 AM
Good to know the new seals are in.? I am going to go with the redesigned Dunlops.? The first 8000 miles were great.? Now they are are bumpy and roar.? The thread looks fine.? The wear is on the inside.? My dealer says he will replace them again if the problem re-occurs.
[snapback]112306[/snapback]

I strongly consired going with the new Dunlops, since I too had a great ride in the beginning.. but one of the posters here made sense "redesigned crap is still crap", and one of my buddies at the dealer tended to agree.

If they put in writing that they will replace if the same problem happens, then I might go to the Dunlops again, but, I can tell you that I spoke with Dunlop directly, and they claim that they added a metal bar, which will help reduce the weak spot that wore out quicker, but the roar and roughness is part of the tire design, and hence will be there again.. this is why they told me they are fighting with BMW, and don't agree there is a warranty issue here... they think their tire is perfect, in other words..

do you want to support that type of philosophy and customer support? and by they way, when you call Dunlop customer support, they haven't a darn clue about their own tires, they read from their website, like we do, but ask a question, and they say "I have no idea..".... great company!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I am waiting on the Dunlops. My dealer did not give me a choice - really.
40% credit (60% tire usage) toward whatever I want or free Dunlops.

I have 11k on the tires now and can't believe how worn they are.

I am wondering if I should get a wheel alignment when I get the new meats?

Is there any markings on the tire that will indicate that it is the new design??
Old 04-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

How long should these tires normally last? And will the 530I will sport package have the same problem? Both of my car has dunlop, exept the 545I has larger rear tires. I have 6500Miles on my 545i, and i didn't noticed any strange noises, tire wear ok but i never measure them.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Apr 7 2005, 06:28 AM
Rudy,

They made a comment that they had just dealt with this recently. I assumed they were talking about you. I kept my mouth shut about this forum.....just in case I need a CIP upgrade. Don't want BMW to think I am trying to find excuses to get upgraded when the time comes. (16.2)

[snapback]112331[/snapback]
Oh don't worry, they're on this forum! They'll take good care of you in the future as I assume they did on your recent visit...
Old 04-08-2005, 03:58 AM

The dealer was fantastic. The replaced my tires, fix my Motorla V710 cradle....it now charges and uses the sharkfin. They know there stuff....and don't seem to be afraid to log a case with BMW when they don't know what to do.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 8 2005, 07:58 AM
The dealer was fantastic. The replaced my tires, fix my Motorla V710 cradle....it now charges and uses the sharkfin. They know there stuff....and don't seem to be afraid to log a case with BMW when they don't know what to do.
[snapback]112857[/snapback]
<<I assume that was you ledbettm.>>

Glad to hear the boys at Bobby Rahal took good care of you and got you sorted out. How cool is it that you were given a loaner on a Saturday (when they don't have Saturday service hours) and had everything performed to your satisfaction and you didn't even buy the car from them?

They are definitely the best in the 'Burgh...
Old 04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Contributors

OK, here is today's update.. as of today, still no Bridgestone's in stock, "New release date is now April 15th".... I have heard this for nearly 8 weeks now...

They DO have a full set of the newly redesigned Dunlops. In terms of the redesigned, the tread stays the same, the name remains, but as I mentioned, they added a tie rod or something to the belts..

Should I just take the Dunlops, or hold out a few more days for the Bridgestones?

For the record, I am waiting since February 21st, when the replacements were first ordered... I am so confused now, between the tires, the creaking, the software.. The seals are waiting, as is 16.2.... but the tires are holding me up..

HELP my friends???

Quick Reply: Need HELP ASAP - Replacement Tire choice