Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 04:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' post='271063' date='Apr 19 2006, 03:13 PM
The CD player in my car is only that, a simple CD player. Just like the one you can buy for $20 at Walmart. It cannot recognize MP3 files. I don't know if this is the same for all E60s but it is true for the older US market E60s without nav. Pretty sure anyway...
I highly doubt it, but of course if you know for sure, then you know better. I drove a March 2003 (!) production model and it surely had MP3 playing capabilities (after CIP 19) and the in-dash unit was DVD. I think it would have been much expensive to get a separate unit (even if for less money) for US. The difference is not that high as far price is concerned to justify another inventory item on the same production assembly line. And if in March 2003, they had DVD units on the assembly line, the only reason, they would install a normal CD-player would be if the supplier of original DVD-units was in trouble, not the unit price. But that's just my logic and based on what I've read here on this forum, everybody seemed to be able to install MP3 update.

And BTW, when the DVD-unit cannot play MP3 because of the outdated software, it won't recognize MP3 DVDs or CDs. So that's not it.

My two eurocents.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

Ive talked to my dealer, dropping off the nav-retrofit instructions...he said he talked to a BMW service representative. They both sat down and went over every part etc....he said each part can be bought individually...The scoop is they said it can be done, but they say it may be price prohibitive. They believe the parts would be around 2 grand and the labor would be at least that....then (he said) they cant even garantee the system would initialize.
I cant stand this....I guess I have a couple of options. My dealer says there are 7 US retrofit kits at dealer locations throughout the US, so I can purchase a kit, or I could remove the M-ASK and see whats missing and just purchase what I need....or I can say F-it and keep what I have. My plan right now is to remove the M-ASK and match the wiring to the retro-fit instructions, just to see whats missing.....that is if I can get the wood trim off the dash.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I, Black Sapphire, Gray dakota leather, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Audio upgrade, Comfort seats, Rear heated seats

I removed the M-ASK Sunday, it took about 30minutes to remove it. I viewed the wiring...for those of you that have the installation instructions Ill reference the plug codes...the X13812 plug has several plugs within it, however X13813 and X13814 are not amonst them. These two plugs are not there, I also did not see a place to plug in the GPS, now maybe that is not needed for the M-ASK. I wonder if you could plug the new GPS aerial (that comes with the kit) into the CCC and just hide it under the dask, without wiring to the roof shark fin...What would be a great help would be a schematic of the plugs/pins on the back of the
M-ASK as well as the CCC....if anyone has one or can tell me where to find one that would help in the investigation.
Also, can someone tell me the difference between the Controller high and the controller low
Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Nine' post='289697' date='May 30 2006, 08:12 AM
What would be a great help would be a schematic of the plugs/pins on the back of the
M-ASK as well as the CCC....if anyone has one or can tell me where to find one that would help in the investigation.
Also, can someone tell me the difference between the Controller high and the controller low
Thanks
Here's some information on the M-ASK:
B3_DIN_radio_casing.pdf
M_ASK_System_Overview.pdf
M_ASK_General_Information.pdf

And here's some information on the CCC:
SBT__E60___CCC_Housing.pdf
CCC_System_Overview.pdf
CCC_General_Information.pdf

And finally, there's this document that Lenk posted a while ago...
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...indpost&p=53944
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 AM
Members

This was a tremendous help, thanks Rudy!
Unfortunately, it also rasies some questions...according to the installation (retrofit) instructions, the CCC fan needs to be placed on pin 1/5/11 of socket X13813....Pin 1/5 show open but, 11 is used for neg Video cable. So I cant help but wonder a couple of things....1) can these pins be used for the fan and 2) where is the fan connected in a normal application (not retrofitted)?
Its nice the vioce connections map out, but now the fan bothers me....Im real close to giving this a try,
but I want to make sure that it is at leat wired correctly before going in....
Old 05-31-2006, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe I'm confused as to what you're trying to do but my assumption is that you're upgrading from M-ASK to CCC. If so, then I'd conclude that your connectors are setup like the document detailing the M-ASK "B3 DIN Radio Casing," right? If so, then pins 1/5/11 of connector X13813 are all open.

Keep in mind that I've never actually done any of this stuff and I've never seen the retrofit instructions that you're referring to so don't just go hooking things up based on what I'm saying here!

I wish I could be more helpful...
Old 05-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Members

I understand and appriciate you help....yes, Im trying to upgrade from the M-ASK to CCC retrofitting professional navigation. The M-ASK does show the pins open, but the retrofit kit says to connect the three wires from the CCC fan to pins 1/5/11 of the CCC...Id feel better if the pin assignments on the CCC reflected that...
There is alot of interest in this but, very little expertise....Im trying to figure the whole thing out
Old 06-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Members

I thought I read somewhere that pin 1/5/11 could be used for the CCC fan up-till a certain date....Rudy, do you or anyone else have access to the TIS websight? I payed the 25 buck one day fee and tried to get everything I needed....I know they have schematic views. Id be interested to see what the pin assignments are for X13813 pin 1/5/11....and where it says the CCC fan plugs into.
Thnaks....
Old 06-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nine' post='290846' date='Jun 1 2006, 08:04 AM
I thought I read somewhere that pin 1/5/11 could be used for the CCC fan up-till a certain date....Rudy, do you or anyone else have access to the TIS websight? I payed the 25 buck one day fee and tried to get everything I needed....I know they have schematic views. Id be interested to see what the pin assignments are for X13813 pin 1/5/11....and where it says the CCC fan plugs into.
Thnaks....
Sorry, I don't have anything current. My TIS CD is getting a bit old but it serves me well for the "generic" stuff...
Old 06-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Members

Say Rudy...I noticed you have navigation, would you be willing to remove your CCC and take a picture of the wiring in the back?

Quick Reply: NAV CCC Pre-Wiring What? 6UA even need it?