Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

just got back from service in manhattan

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550, Sport, Navi, PS, CWP, Sirius

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='561805' date='Apr 15 2008, 10:36 AM
no joke at all....i just got back from there... lol.... listen to this bunch of bull s$%t.... so i go there and sit with the (GM)... he`s all in his big office cigar smoke is stinking up thr room..... NOW MIND IM IN THE AUTO BUSNIESS.(but i didnt tell him till the end) .. he tells me that he`s very sry and would like to take care of the car for me....hummmm let me think about it....... i tell him im very turned off by the way i was taken care of... and tell him my part of the story... then the (BALL MAN WALKS IN)... LOL... HE WAS NO SCRAMING BALL FAT MAN LIKE YESTERDAY... he all calm and well spoken... ... im laughing inside so hard.... so they tell me this... thell ofer me the service at no charge and give me any loaner i suit fit.... so im thinking m5 m6... or an m3 .... but then my brain kicks in and i tell him no thank you.. im taken my car else where... i shack his hand and say thank you for your time.... then i drop the ball... I TELL HIM IM A SALES MANAGER AT THE NISSAN STORE UP THE BLOCK... HIM AND THE BALLED FAT MAN THERE MOUTHS DROP!!!! THE FEELING I GOT WAS LIKE THE DAY I PICKED UP MY 5ER..... : .... so at the end of the day im the better man and i feel so much better about the whole thing.... now my car is at open road bmw.... i didnt even tell them at open road what happen..... they gave me a loaner after one day ....
You may think about servicing your car at your Nissan dealership. Should not cost that much for an employee. Note, that no NY/NJ BMW dealer will give you a loaner if you have not bought the car from them. For E60 even small issues can take several days to resolve and paying for a loaner may become costly.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by SergeyM' post='561858' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:26 PM
Note, that no NY/NJ BMW dealer will give you a loaner if you have not bought the car from them. For E60 even small issues can take several days to resolve and paying for a loaner may become costly.
I have to disagree with that statement. I took my car to 2 different dealers in NJ for warranty work. Each time they gave me a loaner, no question asked. But be sure to request it in advance when you make the appointment on the phone, because they do run out of loaners occasionally.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SergeyM' post='561858' date='Apr 15 2008, 12:26 PM
You may think about servicing your car at your Nissan dealership. Should not cost that much for an employee. Note, that no NY/NJ BMW dealer will give you a loaner if you have not bought the car from them. For E60 even small issues can take several days to resolve and paying for a loaner may become costly.
NOT TRUE ABOUT THE LOANER..... lol service by me... u must be jokeing....open road bmw gave me a loaner the next day.... lol...
Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 525i Mtech front bumper, M172 rims, 2007 Audi Q7 4.2L

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='561115' date='Apr 14 2008, 08:29 AM
can YOU BELIVE THE BALLS ON SOME PEOPLE? i went to service my car this morning i had a great ride in to the city no traffic..... ... as soon as i get to service my SA is off.... alredy im getting a bad feeling... so i suck it up and wait.... and wait ..... and wait... finally a balled guy comes and lQQks around my cr and tells me one min.... i say ok... and wait... one min... 5 mins... 10 mins go by then some other guy comes..... ok so i got through everything with himm.... ok thats done... now the funny part comes... my loner is going to cost me 35 dollars a day... huh.... iv had loaner cars already with this guys and now i have to pay... bulls$%t i say and i said out load this is fu&*en crazy... the SA runs to the bald guy and tells him im cursing... YOUR DAM RIGHT IM CURSING.... The balled guy tells me i wont service your car hear.... well that gets me even more pissed..... so im yelling at him and hes yelling at me...... so i get in my car and leave ruber in hes service department all over there shiny floor... he didnt like that... so hes fat ass trys to run he falls on the floor... at this point im dieing laughing..... he wasnt.... so im about to exit the building and hes still with the talking... then heres the best part everyones lQQkin so other people wana put there two sence in... so i get in to it with another co worker of the fat balled man.... so now he thinks hes crazy putting his little clip board down like he was going to do something... lol...lol...lolololololl.... so im laughing in his face... they needed 15 people to get me out the store lol.... STAY AWAY FROM SREVICE IN MANHATTAN......
BMW of Greenwich in Connecticut has the best service department that is located in Port Chester NY.
30 min north of Manhattan. very impressive staff and facility's.

being from Brooklyn I'm sure you must know about the upper class status of there clientele and how they might interact with them.

A+ in my book.