Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

good service center in San Fernando Valley Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

So I live in the San Fernando Valley (California). I have 4 bmw dealerships/service centers with a 20 minute radius. (Valencia BMW-Valencia, Center BMW-Sherman Oaks, Century West BMW-Studio City, and Bob Smith BMW-Calabasas) I purchased the car from Valencia BMW, but it is the furthest one away. Any suggestions/comments on these service centers? I have heard that you usually won't get a loaner unless you've purchased the car from that dealership, that true?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='515268' date='Jan 8 2008, 05:04 PM
So I live in the San Fernando Valley (California). I have 4 bmw dealerships/service centers with a 20 minute radius. (Valencia BMW-Valencia, Center BMW-Sherman Oaks, Century West BMW-Studio City, and Bob Smith BMW-Calabasas) I purchased the car from Valencia BMW, but it is the furthest one away. Any suggestions/comments on these service centers? I have heard that you usually won't get a loaner unless you've purchased the car from that dealership, that true?
I bought my 06 530 from Bob Smith. I brought it back for minor repairs. The customer service STINKS at Bob Smith. They don't call you when promise. There service is slow. I will not bring my car back.

My wife bought an 06 325 in August, not from a BMW dealer. She has brought the car to Rusnak in Thousand Oaks and has received GREAT!!! customer care. She has the extended warranty on the car and even though she did not buy the car at Rusnak, they have ALWAYS!! given her a loaner. The people at Bob Smith said they DO NOT give out a loaner unless you bought the car from them.

It appears that each dealership handles the loaners differently. I would contact the dealer closest to you to find out how they deal with loaners.

I had a conversation with BMW NA about the pricing at Bob Smith on my car and on a valet key I wanted to buy. They didn't CARE on the pricing issue, even though Bob Smith advertised my car, on their website, for less than what I paid for it. BMW NA said that the pricing issue was between me and the dealer. I bought the valet key at Rusnak $38 cheaper than what I would have paid at Bob Smith and I bought the car there!!! :thumbsdown:
Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

so bob smith is a no then...figured as much...my car is currently at center bmw, still on the fence about them...i will take it up to rusnak if and try them out also...thanks for the heads up...