Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Is this a good lease deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am a newbie. Wondering if this is a good deal? 530Xi Lease for 36 months, 15K per year, $668/month; $4078 out of pocket.

Here is the breakdown...

530xi; Auto, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Folding Rear Seats, Sirius, Navigation, Mats
MSRP 58190, Purchase Price 54458, Tax 1891+Sec Deposit 700+BankFee 625+Govt Fee 221+DocFee 45+ 1st month payment 668 = $4078 out of pocket.

This is appx 1483 above invoice based on my calculation. Does this sound right?

Some other qs -
1) if i trade in a car in ny, does that reduce my total tax payment of 1891? or do i just pay the diff between 4078-trade in value?
2) is the sirius free for the first year? thats what i was told but wanted to confirm if others are hearing this as well.
3) i have a production # but no dates yet? where on this forum can i read about next steps and what to track?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

Am sorry but this is time sensitive...any/all pts of view are very much appreciated. need to let the dealer know if i am in....what do you guys with exp with this stuff think? thx.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Pricing (discounting) varies a bit by location--don't know where you are. The following info should help:

Here are MSRP & factory invoice prices:
http://www.e60.net/information/2006_...es_Pricing.pdf

Here's a post where I included a lease rate calculator:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=17438

Here's a post with BMWFS lease rates & residuals:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18026
Old 12-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' post='206209' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:52 PM
Pricing (discounting) varies a bit by location--don't know where you are. The following info should help:

Thanks for your response. I did run it thru the lease calculator ...everything checks out but did not know if 668/mo for the options listed is a good deal or not. I think the purchase price is 1400 and change above invoice. I am in ny btw. Appreciate any additional advice as i am wondering if end of the year pricing gets better and i should just wait to pull the trigger. The car they were showing me is in status 112 and should be here late jan. told me there is no other inventory for what i am looking for...which does not sound right to me but given its end of year and bonuses on wall street is going to be good this year..wondering if demand is high. based on my research on several sites. it seems getting within 1500 of invoice is considered good. qs is can i get this to be better? also anyone know about whether you can get out of the security deposit (my credit is excellent) but was told that cannot be waived.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by forwardslash' post='206221

Thanks for your response. I did run it thru the lease calculator ...everything checks out but did not know if 668/mo for the options listed is a good deal or not. I think the purchase price is 1400 and change above invoice. I am in ny btw. Appreciate any additional advice as i am wondering if end of the year pricing gets better and i should just wait to pull the trigger. The car they were showing me is in status 112 and should be here late jan. told me there is no other inventory for what i am looking for...which does not sound right to me but given its end of year and bonuses on wall street is going to be good this year..wondering if demand is high. based on my research on several sites. it seems getting within 1500 of invoice is considered good. qs is can i get this to be better? also anyone know about whether you can get out of the security deposit (my credit is excellent) but was told that cannot be waived.
[/quote]

Assuming the lease rate matches what you get by using the spreadsheet and BMWFS lease rates/residuals, the only other variable is purchase price. I got my 545i a year ago for $1,000 over invoice (in SF bay area) FWIW.

You can get out of security deposit (assuming BMW considers you a good credit risk), and that increases the lease factor by 0.00015.

On the end of year pricing, assuming they had a car in stock, you'd likely have more leverage if you wait until the end of the month/year since they get the sale then, but since the car is arriving in January not a year end, you could hope for end of January delivery!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stream' post='206251
Originally Posted by stream' post='206209' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:52 PM

Assuming the lease rate matches what you get by using the spreadsheet and BMWFS lease rates/residuals, the only other variable is purchase price. I got my 545i a year ago for $1,000 over invoice (in SF bay area) FWIW.

You can get out of security deposit (assuming BMW considers you a good credit risk), and that increases the lease factor by 0.00015.

On the end of year pricing, assuming they had a car in stock, you'd likely have more leverage if you wait until the end of the month/year since they get the sale then, but since the car is arriving in January not a year end, you could hope for end of January delivery!
[/quote]

Thanks, this was helpful. with the ipod accessory that i failed to mention...i am like 1200 and change...so pretty close. do you buy the lack of inventory point they are making?

you must be loving life with your 545...too bad i cant get that here...not good in snow i hear.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by forwardslash' post='206274' date='Dec 2 2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks, this was helpful. with the ipod accessory that i failed to mention...i am like 1200 and change...so pretty close. do you buy the lack of inventory point they are making?

No...but one way to find out...contact other dealers. Ask them to do an inventory search based on the options you want. Since you're ordering a car, I have to believe there are other dealers in the tri-state area with allocations that are willing to deal.

you must be loving life with your 545...too bad i cant get that here...not good in snow i hear.

Can't help you there...no snow in the bay area!!! Seriously, though, winters aren't a reason to not get a 550i! If it's snowing, just don't smash the accelerator...
Old 12-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Members

My Ride: Current car: 2006 530ia On Order for December ED: 2009 335i coupe

I'll go out on a limb here and say that you are getting a good deal. Your calculation of $1,483 of dealer profit appears about right, with a price ~$1k over invoice, and about another $500 or so coming from what appears to be a 0.0002 markup in the money factor.

Personally, I would be very satisified with that deal based upon my current negotiations elsewhere in the country. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some comfort with your decision.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Seems like a good deal. As far as you specs go you would have to order it from where I live also. The dealers all spec teh cars the same - Auto, prem, cold, +/-sport - and all are black/silver/grey. They do nto stock any with the nav - no idea why.
As far as ordering time I still am not sure. I know that the dealers have a certain number of cars slated for production coming to them and if the cahnges are only minor they can change for one of those, but if the changes are major then there could be problems.
I initially ordered a green 525xi and cahnged it to a 530xi and the produciton date moved up becasue they had a green 530 ordered. So anyway, I am not sure how it works. And what happens if they sell a lot more cars?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by unit' post='207009' date='Dec 4 2005, 11:52 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say that you are getting a good deal. Your calculation of $1,483 of dealer profit appears about right, with a price ~$1k over invoice, and about another $500 or so coming from what appears to be a 0.0002 markup in the money factor.

Personally, I would be very satisified with that deal based upon my current negotiations elsewhere in the country. Hope this helps, or at least gives you some comfort with your decision.

thanks for your feedback. btw, they are using the standard money factor of .00140 based on the printout i got - how did you get to the 1000 over invoice...i used the invoice #'s i have seen on many sites and thought it was about 1400change... may have added it wrong though as i am new to this.
appreciate any follow up comments.