Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Finally got my car with pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TV550' post='227661
TV,

Out of curiosity, what was the final number?

I'm about to pick up a 550 from Beverly Hills BMW that was ordered specific with zero down, and although the salesman has been more than candid with the numbers, I'd be curious what you walked away with.

For comparisons sake, the options are Sport Pak, ManTran, Nav, Sat Radio, & Aux Install.

The last two were comp'd, and with the gas guz tax I'm looking at 64k out the door.

Thoughts?
Alec my car was fully loaded and was a rare car to find. 9 of the 11 dealerships told me unless I custom ordered one and waited two months, I was not going to find one with those options. Frank never gave up and found one after 2 weeks of constant communications. I would say contact Frank and tell him who you are and from which forums. Tell him Tony from Las Vegas told you to call for a quote. I would say he can beat that number. I literally saved between 4-6500k going to Crevier. I tried to get a second quote from Beverly Hills but he never got back to me. I dont want to get any sales people in trouble but definitely get a final price quote from Frank. Your 64k number for that car seems to be in the ball park of a good buy. My car MSRP for 70840. Lets just say I bought the car with all the extra warranty items added on for way less than MSRP . If you have already ordered yours than there is not much you can do.
[/quote]

I still didn't see the answer to his primary question of final cost. Are we to assume that you paid 65k +-1k?
I am curious as well what you out the door cost was on a fully loaded 550. Also, I am curious as to your dealings with Chapman BMW here in Phoenix, obviously you didn't go with them, but were they fair?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='227663
Originally Posted by Alec' post='227657' date='Jan 21 2006, 07:51 PM
TV,

Out of curiosity, what was the final number?

I'm about to pick up a 550 from Beverly Hills BMW that was ordered specific with zero down, and although the salesman has been more than candid with the numbers, I'd be curious what you walked away with.

For comparisons sake, the options are Sport Pak, ManTran, Nav, Sat Radio, & Aux Install.

The last two were comp'd, and with the gas guz tax I'm looking at 64k out the door.

Thoughts?
Alec my car was fully loaded and was a rare car to find. 9 of the 11 dealerships told me unless I custom ordered one and waited two months, I was not going to find one with those options. Frank never gave up and found one after 2 weeks of constant communications. I would say contact Frank and tell him who you are and from which forums. Tell him Tony from Las Vegas told you to call for a quote. I would say he can beat that number. I literally saved between 4-6500k going to Crevier. I tried to get a second quote from Beverly Hills but he never got back to me. I dont want to get any sales people in trouble but definitely get a final price quote from Frank. Your 64k number for that car seems to be in the ball park of a good buy. My car MSRP for 70840. Lets just say I bought the car with all the extra warranty items added on for way less than MSRP . If you have already ordered yours than there is not much you can do.
I still didn't see the answer to his primary question of final cost. Are we to assume that you paid 65k +-1k?
I am curious as well what you out the door cost was on a fully loaded 550. Also, I am curious as to your dealings with Chapman BMW here in Phoenix, obviously you didn't go with them, but were they fair?
[/quote]

Well I dont want to get Frank in trouble at Crevier, because these BMW dealerships stick together, every 550 is different and has a different cirucmstance that allows it to be discounted. Chapman BMW was very fair but gave up on finding me a car I wanted with all the options I wanted. The internet sales guy at Chapman kept telling me to give up and just order one. He also didn't budge on the numbers till I gave him specific numbers and names to prove discounts exists, after that he said ok with without hesitation but could not find me a car in time. I like the guy at Chapman but he just could not find a car for me. That number above that you quoted was close but more like +1500k above with all the extras included. All I can say is make one e-mail or phone call to Frank and find out. It can't hurt as I have thankfully found out. You know and I know that the 550 is not being discounted much or at all below MSRP in the southwest and west coast. The guys at Irvine had the largest inventory of 550s that I have seen and were willing to disount on these but they were stripped models. Also remember not to many of these cars are built alike hence the fluctuations in the numbers being discounted. I dont want to put a number down because my car was a rare find and very few of the 550s are loaded with everything except the distronic and M aerokit. You could probably get a bigger discount on the stripped models because they are more common and dealers will discount these because the management of most dealerships order these to have in inventory. Every 550 is different and savings will be based on avaliability and inventory. Just make sure to check around. The myth that 550s dont get discounted below MSRP is busted as I found out. If I listened to my local dealership and did not research this on my own I would have been ripped off. My local dealership knows for the one that got away like me there are 20 behind me that got hooked by them because they did not do the research. From my own experience it costs more to order one custom spec vs trying to search dealers for a car with the options you want already in inventory.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Good luck with the new car!
Since you didn't buy it from the dealership in Vegas, where do you plan on taking it for services?
Old 01-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='227679' date='Jan 21 2006, 10:27 PM
Good luck with the new car!
Since you didn't buy it from the dealership in Vegas, where do you plan on taking it for services?
I hate to go to the local stealership but I have to. My Nav unit just went out one day after I got this car and I already scheduled for an appointment. Wouldn't you know it they dont have a loaner and the repair may take several days. Thank god I have another car I can drive until they fix it. I am hoping this doesnt turn into a nightmare scenerio so I am holding my breath.

OH and thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my babies.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by TV550' post='227705' date='Jan 22 2006, 12:18 AM
Thank god I have another car I can drive until they fix it.
I rather drive your other baby then the 550. And NO I didnt mean the Sienna. hahaha
Old 01-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Congrats TV550.

It certainly pays to do your homework!
Nice Ride!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

Congrats!

It's always great to deal with a dealership that goes out of the way to help! It also helps that you dealt with a dealership that does the kind of volume that Crevier does as it's easier for them to discount!

You might want to join the local BMW CCA chapter in Vegas and find out who the good service advisors are at the Vegas dealers versus going in cold! Just my 2 cents....

Oh, love the 997

Cheers,
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bokke' post='227851' date='Jan 22 2006, 08:39 AM
Congrats!

It's always great to deal with a dealership that goes out of the way to help! It also helps that you dealt with a dealership that does the kind of volume that Crevier does as it's easier for them to discount!

You might want to join the local BMW CCA chapter in Vegas and find out who the good service advisors are at the Vegas dealers versus going in cold! Just my 2 cents....

Oh, love the 997

Cheers,

Thanks for the advice about joinning the BMW CCA local chapter I think that is a great idea.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Originally Posted by TV550' post='227578' date='Jan 21 2006, 03:59 PM
Have not driven the Porsche since I brought home the 550 I think its getting jealous.
I'm sure you can find some volunteers to make your Porsche feel more wanted. Next time I'm in Vegas, I would be more than happy to oblige.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Members

Hey guys the 5 series are so good that my car fixed itself over night!!! My Nav computer is working again. Yahoo no scheduled visits to the dealership necessary now.

The Porsche is definitely a fun car to drive. I love it but its not comfortable for long jaunts. It has nav and some electronic goodies but the 5 has more. If you own a Porsche make sure you buy a daily driver. I know alot of people drive the 997 series as daily drivers but for me its to much work. I love the car though, nothing takes a series of corners like a Porsche.

Quick Reply: Finally got my car with pics